the damage of player Ignites, Poisons, and Bleeding has been greatly increased

"
raics wrote:
"
Nykken wrote:
so poison is now 16% per second of the base damage per second?

Unless they reverted it to pre-nerf, in which case it's 20%.
It is indeed.

Bleeidng deals 70% of the applicable (usually physical) base and added damage of the skill, per second, for 5 seconds base duration.
While moving, it Bleeding caused by players deals an additional 140% the the same base damage, per second (total 210%).

Ignite deals 40% of the applicable (usually fire) base and added damage of the skill, per second, for 4 seconds base duration.

Poison deals 20% of the applicable (usually physical + chaos) base and added damage of the skill, per second, for 2 seconds base duration.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 4, 2017, 2:57:16 AM
"
taggedjc wrote:
"
Bleeidng deals 70% of the applicable (usually physical) base and added damage of the skill, for 5 seconds base duration.

So is that 70% the damage while stationary, or the damage while moving?

That is, is it 35% : 70% for stationary : moving, or is it 70% : 140% for stationary : moving ?
The second. Base bleeding damage is 70%, while moving it deals an additional 70%

Apparently my information is out of date, bleeding deals additional damage equal to twice the base, for a total of 3 times base damage while moving (210%)
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 3, 2017, 11:30:18 PM
"
sherkhan wrote:
It's interesting. The person who asked is a frequent Redditor, and even he didn't know the 70+70 thing about bleed. We tested it in-guild and realized the numbers fairly quickly.
Apparently neither did I. Post updated.
"
twothe wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Poison deals 20% of the applicable (usually physical + chaos) base and added damage of the skill, per second, for 2 seconds base duration.

Big question: what exactly is that "added damage" ?

Assume the following example: I have a bow with 10-20 damage (including all modifiers on the bow itself). The skill uses 50% base damage for it's damage calculations, I do have a +100% bow damage total, the skill is supported by +50% more physical damage, and I do have a +200% increased damage with ailments/poison.

What is the base damage?
10-20 (presumably physical) damage from your bow.
"
twothe wrote:
What is the added damage in this case?
You don't have any in your example. If you had an Iron Ring, which says "Adds 1 to 4 Physical Damage to Attacks", then that would be added damage.

Important note: "added damage" modifiers on a weapon are local to that weapon, and aren't "added" in terms of you're damage. They modify the total damage of the weapon, all of which becomes your base damage (not added) when you equip it).

"
twothe wrote:
What is the total value that is used as basis for the calculation of poison damage?
10 to 20 (or 5 to 10 if you want to consider the 50% of base damage as already applied, that depends on what you choose to mean by "used as basis").
"
twothe wrote:
What is the final poison damage per second?
assuming the modifiers are exactly as you described them, then
50% of 10 to 20 base damage is 5 to 10 damage. There is no added damage.
20% per second of 5 to 10 damage is 1 to 2 damage per second
Modified by 50% more physical (because the poison damage came from physical damage) and 200% increased damage with ailments/poison (obvious reasons) gives
1 to 2 * 1.5 * 3 = 4.5 to 9 poison damage per second.

This matches what I see in-game when replicating these values.

"
twothe wrote:
I also noticed that the character display is not helping in figuring out these numbers. The total main-hand damage for my character is shown as 145 - 351 physical damage, the calculated poison damage is 32.1 - 77.8. That is 20% of my MH damage increased by 9%, however I currently have 90% more poison damage skilled. And there is no mention of my 92% increased damage with ailments while wielding a bow either.
I can't comment on what is causing this calculation result for you because obviously it's going to be much more complicated than the simple example above. I do think I've disocovered an issue with some generic "damage with ailments" not correctly applying (although "damage with poison" does work), which is probably contributing.

UPDATE: The stats for ailment damage which are supposed to check whether you have a two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon are currently backwards - the ones which are supposed to be for two-handed weapons are mistakenly checking for one-handed weapons, and vice versa. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

This is quite possibly part of the issue you're seeing with damage numbers.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 16, 2017, 1:15:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info