[3.0] Queen of the Storm - Charged Dash TheoryCrafting

If think you should'nt use Conc Effect. It reduce AOE so it reduce OverLapping hits so it might reduce DPS even if it increase tooltip
Sorry but can some one tell me how more MS hurts our DPS?
Isn't Bronn's Lithe a better armor for this?
I completely forgot about it, but it happened to drop for me the other day and the 1st thing that came to mind was Charged Dash.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bronn%27s_Lithe

+2 to Level of Socketed Movement Gems
10% increased Attack Speed
(35-50)% increased Damage with Movement Skills
(200-250)% increased Evasion Rating
10% increased Movement Speed
15% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've used a Movement Skill Recently
hmm that isn't bad. the +2 to lvls does nothing for charged dash though, as its actually 99.5% at lvl 1 and 99.61% at lvl 20. i don't know why they did it this way, but levels for this gem is actually useless.

i did figure out that this gem is actually pretty good for leveling. im doing it right now in harbinger. i use charged dash for aoe dmg and slower proj spec throw for single target.
"
xMustard wrote:
hmm that isn't bad. the +2 to lvls does nothing for charged dash though, as its actually 99.5% at lvl 1 and 99.61% at lvl 20. i don't know why they did it this way, but levels for this gem is actually useless.

i did figure out that this gem is actually pretty good for leveling. im doing it right now in harbinger. i use charged dash for aoe dmg and slower proj spec throw for single target.

Yeah I'm still not convinced those numbers are bugged, otherwise why ever go above 3?
Maybe it's supposed to be
lvl 1 : 150% - lvl 20: 161%

Still not great though
Lvl 68 atm, just hit maps last night.

Character link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ciryous/characters?characterName=ZippyZappyZoomy

QoTF, Starkonja, 2 * Hyano's, vectors. Haste + Conductivity with 7 frenzy charges.

CD + WED + Added light + Culling as links atm, tried swapping culling to FA, but tooltip DPS is smaller with FA and it feels weaker as well.

I have to admit I'm somewhat disappointed of my DPS. Clear speed is ok in maps but the bosses and tankier rares just take so long to die compared to other builds I've done and I'm not convinced the dmg nodes left in the tree or getting a 5-link can fix this.CD definitely feels like it need the 100% more AS-> 40% more AS nerf reverted and/or the scaling on the gem fixed.

If anyone can give me tips how to improve my Raider please gimme a shout.

INSIGHTS OF THE SKILL:

It seems that the skill has damage breakpoints at every "full APS", so if you have 5 aps you will do 5 hit with every channel (which is too much MS and charging longer is shit and counter intuitive since it just spread out the 5 attacks thinner and they have less overlap).

This makes it also so that you seem to do the same DPS if you have 5.0 APS or 5.9 APS, which feels really bad considering how huge gear and/or skill investment +0.9 APS is. Scaling definitely needs a huge fix, maybe like 2x-3x damage if you finnish the channel?
Last edited by ciryous on Aug 8, 2017, 3:14:17 AM
double post sry.
Last edited by ciryous on Aug 8, 2017, 2:46:23 AM
how much EVasion do you have now with Queen?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
I am also trying CD right now. Clearing trash and most blue packs works really fine, but some rares and the bosses are really Bad. Especially the New bosses are a nightmare. I never encountered such problems with bosses during leveling before. I am at a point wäre I think about dropping this skill altogether. Raider with its several ways of MS increases seems to be a Bad choice for this skill, which is a pitty given that it is a movement skill. It should not get worse with more MS. There should be at least a ratio of MS and AS which benefits the skill and not just low MS and high AS. I am on the verge of speccing into ST, as CD also feels incredible squishy. As you are melee and do 0 damage while channeling, you cannot really channel once the mobs are attacking you. The only channeling skill I know which does no DMG while channeling is flameblast, but it can be cast from far away and does a shit ton of DMG... So CD seems a bit in a Bad spot. From what I read in this thread it seems you guys agree with me?

P.s. sorry for and typos, I have written this on my phone...
IGN: Myralah (Rampage)
Your tree looks a little bit weird. I think it's totally wasted to travel to the Scion life circle, it is a 10 point travel. And you pass by the wed nodes with elemental pen completely, do you plan to skill them later?
I play CD too, but dont plan to grab a qotf, i play with tabula rasa at the moment and the dmg is enough to cut through t6 maps, most rares are 1-hit (some tanky ones require an additional right-click). And i play with crap weapons atm, planning to upgrade to double-doryanis as soon as they fall in price. Sitting around with 4k life at lvl 76 and have 12 % life from tree and 2 jewels left to skill.
this is my tree at the moment:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeA4cEsQUtBbUHHgguDHMOSA-rEYERlhHVEvEVIBa_FyYZjhm0GdcbrSP2JpUtgzBbMHwyATY9N9Q-z0HQQzFHfklRTZJRR1RHVUtVhVeXWhpd8mBBYeJh62KsY3Bjp2VNa5BsjG1sdO14-XpTeoR673sUft1_K3_GhNmMNo19jbmNv5UulWabJpuNnaqexKOKpHily6a-rTOwq7Gzshm9Nr3mvqfB1cMzz3rQrdN-1CPawd1G3vjndOjW7T_tg-968NX2o_1u?accountName=ueblesache&characterName=FasterHarderNotScooter
Last edited by ueblesache on Aug 8, 2017, 4:26:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info