[3.0] Queen of the Storm - Charged Dash TheoryCrafting

Per cast :).

With your PoB, 192% inc MS and 7.95 Atk/s, you have 4 AoE attack along the path per cast (full charge).

With a simple one socket ancestral protector, you're up to 9.55 Atk/s and you have 5 attack along the path per cast.

With 10.4 Atk/s, it's up to 6 per cast and the overlapping is quite nice. With 2 cast per seconds, it might be a good single target (but I don't really know).
trust me, doryani's will be more damage as long as we can get 90-100% phys to elemental conversion. it has as much increased elemental damage (compared to lightning damage) and it is constantly active. it also has leech and significantly higher base attack speed, with no downside like the increased damage taken.

im betting dreamfeather will be just as much if not more than hyaon's as well. i love running the dual dreamfeather builds (had poison in 2.6, and a number of others) and i can easily and consistently get 50,000+ evasion WITHOUT queen of the forest. should be about 55,000-60,000 with it, easily. even at 50k that translates to 111% attack damage per dreamfeather, so 222% attack damage.
obviously the best way to scale that is to slap on added lightning/cold (whichever gives more dps as i don't care much about what element we're using)
dreamfeather also has the highest base attack speed of the them all. with the 40% more attack speed of the gem, you'll be able to hit massive amounts of attack speed for lots of overlapping aoe. this is going to be the ideal situation especially when running with 220-250% movement speed. as movement speed essentially would space out the attacks unless you had super high attack speed.

either way its all about testing and i'll be testing everything i can with this build. i can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait
and yes ancestral thing is definitely ideal for bosses. the more attack speed is amazing. and blasphemy is shit now-a-days i agree. you don't need to curse trash basically ever and if you want to curse a boss you can definitely just self-cast it, especially if running empowered onslaught and 8 frenzy charges (total 72% cast speed).
Last edited by xMustard on Aug 3, 2017, 8:01:25 PM
Ive been trying on PoB as they updated it and the best combo i've found is x1 catalyst and x1 hyaon's without full light conversion or, if u wanna go full conversion, x2 hyaon's.
https://pastebin.com/i2UxWs4w
Also, they buffed blasphemy so now has pretty much higher range, making it pretty worth. It also boosts damage more than wrath itself, as we dont get advantage of the spells modifiers. Conductivity + Blasphemy seems to be a better option + Grace.
interesting, because i took your pastebin then fiddled around with it, including changing the tree to my liking and more what i'd possibly build as, and the lowest damage i get is dual hyaons. dreamfeather is most and doryani's is middle

difference is i ran it with lightning strike since charged dash isn't listed, but lightning strike is essentially the same with 50% conversion. the numbers would still reflect the % base and such even tho they're different from charged dash, they'd only reflect the difference between weapons. much like what we're trying to test.

so running just a 5L (cause inc aoe/conc effect doesn't work with lightning strike)
hyaon's = 142k
doryani's = 161k
dreamfeathers = 182k

actually seems to not matter what i changed around. AKA added lightning dmg is better than phys to lightning for dorys.
a notable effect with dreamfeathers is the accuracy. it gives flat accuracy which is ultimately better because that means you don't need flat accuracy on helm/jewelry and can just get % accuracy from tree/evasion for a much higher and easier accuracy rate.

also either blasphemy conductivity or wrath is basically the same damage with the dual dreamfeather setup (and my tree, which includes elemental overload) with wrath i guess slightly overcoming conductivity. mostly because of elemental overload.

but ya i imagine dual dreamfeathers will be best, but it also depends on other flask options and such. will have to test it out. i don't trust PoB a whole lot. mostly because you won't have that type of fking gear especially in the new league haha.
Since for our defences we're just stacking evasion, would acrobatics not be worth the points?
actually acrobatics is always worth the points, unless you're stacking ES. even if you're stacking block, acrobatics is worth it.

so yes its worth it.
Mustard would you mind linking the pastebin of your dreamfeathers version? I'd be interested to see your take on the passive tree and see what I can adjust based on my preferences.
this is mine:
https://pastebin.com/mXEBMPYH

bit low life I guess, but I like it
this is similar to what i'll do with my build soon as i can log in, im going to respect one of my raiders in standard and test this out immediately

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAIBAQBeBAcFLQW1CC4I9A2ND6sRgRa_GY4ZtB8CIvQj0yP2JpUwcTB8Nj02xTpCOlg9Xz7PQzFHfkp9S3hMs0z_TZJOKlBCUUdSU1M1VUtVhVXGVkhaGluvYeJirGOnZU1noGpDapNsC2yMbRltbG8ndO167311fyuBrIPbhNmHdow2jX2NuY2_j2CTJ5eVl_Saapsmm42dqqOKpHily6l5sXy1SLzqvTa95r6nwdXDM8Pm037UI9gk2sHdRt2o3vjjn-Rq53To1u2D7g7vevzF_W7-ug==

this is only 105 points which is reasonable. you could easily grab up more life (already has 183%) or more damage like the lightning nodes. majority of damage should be lightning, but it will be almost all elemental (90% conversion) so getting elemental damage is better than lightning damage, fore sure.
the accuracy nodes may not be required either.

oh right, if need be can easily spec into vaal pact as well
Last edited by xMustard on Aug 4, 2017, 4:09:00 PM
after testing a bit, dreamfeather and hyaon's are on par with each other in the "dps" category, where hyaons has a little more listed damage per second (damage per used times attack speed) but with the higher attack speed of dreamfeather you're able to overlap more aoes and thus actually get more damage output.

either way though im not sure i like the skill. with super super high movement speed (250ish) it just feels horrible especially with hyaons. its awesomely fast but theres hardly any attacks.
i was getting the best feeling at about 120-150 movement speed. good movement but also decent attacks between for clear.

inc aoe feels mandatory on the skill tho, and its really hard to be able to constantly go its full distance for the more damage ESPECIALLY vs single target. single target i usually ended up just pressing the button to instantly jump directly on top of a boss over and over and over until it was dead.

but ya, i thought i was going to love this skill a lot more than i do. other things just play so much easier and better with way higher damage output.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info