Path of Exile 3.0.0: The Fall of Oriath Patch Notes

"
KodiaKro wrote:
Anyone notice missing skill points after the patch?
I was lvl 70 with 93 skill points. After the patch i played a little, and now i am lvl71 and i also got a few passive skill point books from quest rewords, and i only have 82 kill points.
I this intended behavior, or some kind of bug?

Consider yourself lucky. My level 89 logged in with only 96 points
the old skill points from cruel and merciless quests are missing now. Youu have to solve the new quests from act 5 -10 to get the old skill points back.

quoting this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6rqphw/book_of_skill_quest_list_for_30/

Here is a list of the quests needed to get all your passives back in standard league.

Act 1 : The Marooned Mariner
Act 1 : The Dweller of the Deep
Act 1 : The Way Forward
Act 2 : Deal With The Bandits (+2 from killing all bandits)
Act 3 : Victario's Secrets
Act 3 : Piety's Pets
Act 4 : An Indomitable Spirit
Act 5 : In Service to Science
Act 5 : Kitava's Torments
Act 6 : The Father of War
Act 6 : The Puppet Mistress
Act 6 : The Cloven One
Act 7 : The Master of a Million Faces
Act 7 : Kishara's Star
Act 7 : Queen of Despair
Act 8 : Reflection of Terror
Act 8 : Love is Dead
Act 8 : The Gemling Legion
Act 9 : The Ruler of Highgate
Act 9 : The Storm Blade
Act 10 : An End to Hunger (+2)
Act 10 : Map to Tsoatha

Would have really liked to see something about spectre and animate guardian changes, oh well. I'll just keep hobbling on with half my summons only build broken...
Thank you Rumpelzuck.

I did all of the side quest that were available and i got quite a few skill points. However i don't have the following:

Before the patch, i completed the game on the hardest difficulty (Cruel i think), and did all the quests, so why am i missing the above ones.
the hardest difficulty was merciless, the third after normal and cruel.

For quest The Storm Blade: talk to Petarus and Vanja in act 9 town. They gave me the quest.
Irasha for the other quest The Ruler of Highgate.
I don't remember the details for the Act 7 quests, but be sure to talk to all npcs in town and do their quests.

The quests in act5-10 are new ones which don't exist before. Old Chars only get the mandatory new quests solved and their rewards by default. But you have to do the optional new ones now for the first time to get the optional rewards (missing skillpoints etc.).
Last edited by Rumpelzuck on Aug 6, 2017 4:34:00 PM
"
Completed 11 ChallengesGarash wrote:
"All characters that had completed the Deal with the Bandits quest in Act 2 Normal now have the Eramir reward of 2 passive skill points. All bandit rewards from Cruel and Merciless no longer exist. Players who want to change their bandit reward choice have a one-time-only option to change it by talking to Eramir and taking one of his books. These books are character-locked, so if you decide later that you don't want to change your choice, you can get rid of the book by typing /destroy. This does not give you another opportunity to choose a bandit reward, so choose carefully!"

Eramir doesnt give me a book, nor does he have an option to reset bandits/give a book. Some clarification would be appreciated.

This.

No book. No reset option. Nothing.
And I take it we are all now permanently down 1 Frenzy/Power/Endurance Charge.
Or am I missing a Quest to pick these up?
Last edited by Menysk on Aug 7, 2017 12:59:34 AM
"
KodiaKro wrote:
Thank you Rumpelzuck.

I did all of the side quest that were available and i got quite a few skill points. However i don't have the following:

Before the patch, i completed the game on the hardest difficulty (Cruel i think), and did all the quests, so why am i missing the above ones.

You need to speak to everyone in towns to give you the quests. Press U to check if you have them already.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Aug 7, 2017 7:40:32 AM
The "conversion" handling of the bandit rewards for old chars seems to be bugged for other players too.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1932510
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931511

The +1 charge old merciless bandit reward is gone for sure. Now there are only Eramirs 2 skill points or one of the 3 new bandit rewards.
Is any chance for providing more full passive's tree resets for tests? After the patch many builds including mine has been seriously broken.. I don't think it's fair for us players.. a lot of us invested our time, game's currency and real currency. I and propably a lot others players had only 1 character.. At this stage game has no sense. And it's a lot dissapointing that you debuff so strongly energy shield characters. Now all builds only focus at life what is a bit silly because we have nearly no option to create good build. Why you didn't just buff a life? Now even changing passives don't solve all problems. We have to buy a new gear for characters..

Instead being happy from other upgrades and just enjoy the game I have to sit and put together build. What is generally pointless because everything should be properly planned .. This means that I and also other players may leave the game ...

Last edited by El_Satan on Aug 7, 2017 4:54:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info