Path of Exile 3.0.0: The Fall of Oriath Patch Notes

"

You are both wrong !

The passive respec is not mandatory, it's optional like they said !

I can see my passive tree with all the points i have, PRE-patch, just fine !

It only fully reset if you really want to on your end !

Yeah...no. Logged in just now and I need to allocate 88 skill points.
"

You are both wrong !

Yeah...no. Logged in just now and I need to allocate 88 skill points.
(Existing Characters and the New Content:
Characters that had previously completed The Ribbon Spool in Merciless difficulty will have automatically completed all mandatory quests in The Fall of Oriath, and have immediate access to maps. These characters will not have any of the quest rewards from the mandatory quests in Acts 5 through 10, but can receive them by talking to the questgivers. No side quests will be automatically completed, and existing characters will have to receive and complete these quests to obtain the quest rewards.)

Thats sucks really bad not fun that all completed when ya havent done them not fun to have to starta a new char to experience the new bosses and areas and everything sucks so bad should re think about that big time........
"
havok585 wrote:
"
gunghoiguana wrote:
"
Drahken wrote:
One-time Passive Skill Reset:
Due to balance changes, every existing character has been granted an optional full passive skill reset.
This process will also reset your allocated Ascendancy points.
To perform this operation, click the "Reset all Passives" button on the passive skill screen. Note that you must use this before allocating or refunding any other points otherwise the option will go away.

OPTIONAL

yet it was a mandatory full passive respec.

seriously whoever did these patch notes...

not everyone has played this game daily.. some are coming back for the big update. I purposely have been checking the patch notes specifically for this instead of checking my tree.. figured I could check my old tree that I had perfected before I respec'd.. if I even wanted to respec.

but nope.. patch notes were dead wrong.

This. Like you, I thought GGG was done with the mandatory passive respecs.

How hard would it have been to give a warning to existing players that a passive respec was coming, or something? Give us the chance to, say, screenshot our build to approximate it after today's update came out?

You are both wrong !

Gladiator #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 82 points to spend.
Gladiator #2: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 92 points to spend.
Assassin #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 74 points to spend.
Deadeye #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 82 points to spend.
Elementalist #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 86 points to spend.
Trickster #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 87 points to spend.
Witch #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 82 points to spend.
Witch #2: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 84 points to spend.
Gladiator #3: Not reset.
Ranger #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 78 points to spend.
Raider #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 81 points to spend.
Trickster #2: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 89 points to spend.
Hierophant #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 93 points to spend.
Witch #3: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 82 points to spend.
Witch #4: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 67 points to spend.
Shadow #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 46 points to spend.
Ascendant #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 82 points to spend.
Necromancer #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 79 points to spend.
Chieftain #1: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 77 points to spend.
Witch #5: You've logged in with a character without any passive points spent. You have 77 points to spend.

Might not have been a "mandatory" reset in 100% global terms, but only 1 out of 20 of my characters not being reset it's as close to mandatory as to make no practical difference.

Mind you I understand why they do this, that when there are significant changes made to allocated nodes or to node pathing in a region that characters are reset rather than potentially being rendered unplayable or broken in a potentially advantageous way such as a Shadow retaining a node given to Marauders. Unfortunately, however, the practical purpose is that this means that everyone who gets a forced reset loses the option of a free reset if their build proves unviable or undesirable post-patch because they have to spend that "free" reset re-building their character in relative ignorance.

That said, yeah, with all the changes to the passive tree the patch notes might have been more accurate, or fair, to say, "A few lucky characters will get an optional passive reset, but most will get a mandatory reset."
"All characters that had completed the Deal with the Bandits quest in Act 2 Normal now have the Eramir reward of 2 passive skill points. All bandit rewards from Cruel and Merciless no longer exist. Players who want to change their bandit reward choice have a one-time-only option to change it by talking to Eramir and taking one of his books. These books are character-locked, so if you decide later that you don't want to change your choice, you can get rid of the book by typing /destroy. This does not give you another opportunity to choose a bandit reward, so choose carefully!"

Eramir doesnt give me a book, nor does he have an option to reset bandits/give a book. Some clarification would be appreciated.
Anyone notice missing skill points after the patch?
I was lvl 70 with 93 skill points. After the patch i played a little, and now i am lvl71 and i also got a few passive skill point books from quest rewords, and i only have 82 kill points.
I this intended behavior, or some kind of bug?
"
KodiaKro wrote:
Anyone notice missing skill points after the patch?
I was lvl 70 with 93 skill points. After the patch i played a little, and now i am lvl71 and i also got a few passive skill point books from quest rewords, and i only have 82 kill points.
I this intended behavior, or some kind of bug?

Consider yourself lucky. My level 89 logged in with only 96 points
the old skill points from cruel and merciless quests are missing now. Youu have to solve the new quests from act 5 -10 to get the old skill points back.

quoting this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6rqphw/book_of_skill_quest_list_for_30/

Here is a list of the quests needed to get all your passives back in standard league.

Act 1 : The Marooned Mariner
Act 1 : The Dweller of the Deep
Act 1 : The Way Forward
Act 2 : Deal With The Bandits (+2 from killing all bandits)
Act 3 : Victario's Secrets
Act 3 : Piety's Pets
Act 4 : An Indomitable Spirit
Act 5 : In Service to Science
Act 5 : Kitava's Torments
Act 6 : The Father of War
Act 6 : The Puppet Mistress
Act 6 : The Cloven One
Act 7 : The Master of a Million Faces
Act 7 : Kishara's Star
Act 7 : Queen of Despair
Act 8 : Reflection of Terror
Act 8 : Love is Dead
Act 8 : The Gemling Legion
Act 9 : The Ruler of Highgate
Act 9 : The Storm Blade
Act 10 : An End to Hunger (+2)
Act 10 : Map to Tsoatha

Would have really liked to see something about spectre and animate guardian changes, oh well. I'll just keep hobbling on with half my summons only build broken...
Thank you Rumpelzuck.

I did all of the side quest that were available and i got quite a few skill points. However i don't have the following:
Act 7 : Kishara's Star
Act 7 : Queen of Despair
Act 9 : The Ruler of Highgate
Act 9 : The Storm Blade

Before the patch, i completed the game on the hardest difficulty (Cruel i think), and did all the quests, so why am i missing the above ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info