Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

Please don't listen to Reddit. New charges was so good, I could build a tons of new builds with them... I really hope that you will bring them back in 3.0.1!
"
gigarez wrote:
"
nadakuu wrote:
seems fair,

what is the minimum dmg we have to do now as a percentage to apply the 1% of aliment effect?

Shock: 10% dmg for max effect (50% increased dmg taken). 1% shock effect: 10/50 = 0.2% life dmg.

Chill: 10% dmg for max chill (30% slow). 1% chill effect: 10/30 = 0.33% life dmg

I think this should be correct.

If this is correct that seems like a nice change and makes it more viable for fast hitting weapons.
Welp RIP half the builds I wanted to do as a starter based on the threshold jewel vendor. Thanks GGG, you really knocked that one out of the park because of some bitching they might lose some income when we no longer had to trade for them. Oh well...remove the charge changes because it hurt diversity, yet remove vendor two paragraphs later. Typical GGG logic and hypocrisy.
Damn i really liked the Power CHarge/ Frenzy charge changes, made more sense that way. Reddit is just too much for many people. Now i dont even want power charges on my new Blight build...
So spellcasters will still have to travel around the earth for charges that gives damage? Cool....
"
EsperMagic wrote:
Welp RIP half the builds I wanted to do as a starter based on the threshold jewel vendor. Thanks GGG, you really knocked that one out of the park because of some bitching they might lose some income when we no longer had to trade for them. Oh well...remove the charge changes because it hurt diversity, yet remove vendor two paragraphs later. Typical GGG logic and hypocrisy.
the charges gained created diveresty, since spellcasters who dont want to crit, can invvest in them as well, could
"
Drimli wrote:
"
NessOnett8 wrote:
"
Drimli wrote:
Why not just keep the power charges as they was after the buff? people only had a problem with the frenzy nerf... and most caster builds will mostly only benefit from 1 extra power or frenzy charge anyway because it is too much dps loss to spec into more. 4 more spell damage and 30% crit is fine for power charges tbh and then just keep frenzy charges as they are.

People had a problem with power charges because it made then too good. It would turn them into mandatory on any caster build. Which would in turn make casters more likely to dip into crit. Thus pulling an entire subset of builds toward a single focus if they want to be efficient. Which is the definition of killing build diversity.

This would inevitably lead to them being nerfed in the future(as with everything that is too good eventually), which could easily result in more crit loss, and thus being even worse for non-casters.

I could go on, but this point has been talked about to death in the recent days, and there's plenty of more detailed descriptions you can refer to if needed...but this is the abridged version.

You could say the same about Frenzy charges as they are now then =) but i guess the problem on power charges is not the 4% more damage but the crit then? maybe they need to spread that extra crit out on the passives in shadow and witch area instead then and put in another new bonus to power charges on top of the damage bonus.

If you're talking about casters(as I was), then there is a big difference between frenzy and power charges. In that power charges are a lot easier for a caster to get. They are up in the top half of the tree already. So it takes very little investment for them to stack power charges. Conversely, extra frenzy charges are around the duelist. Why would a caster be down there? They wouldn't. So it takes far more INVESTMENT for them to utilize frenzy charges. There is far more of a tradeoff. Which is how builds are supposed to work, tradeoffs. This may seem like a minor point, but the layout of the tree is paramount to the game design. Which is why we saw so many "nerfs" were literally just moving notables to less convenient areas so people had to invest more to get them(Vaal Pact).

But yes, if Frenzy also gave crit that would pull any build already using frenzy charges(so most rangers) to be crit...which would also be bad for the same reason.

And this is of course ignoring that PCOC is much more convenient for a caster than blood rage is.
While I support the charge change more than the lack there of, I am fully behind you doing all the testing you need to do as in the end you will figure out what is best.
I remember when frenzy charges used to not grant a generic more damage. If that amounts to anything, some people defending their reasoning over game knowledge sure seem to have forgot that or have actually not played that game for very long.

When GGG added it in, nobody cried about it making fenzy-themed uniques useless, they sure did not!

Now that everyone uses frenzy charges because they became somewhat mandatory, it would kill build diversity to remove its damage multiplier for anything but attacks? Don't be silly guys.

I get the argument about not being able to play a caster/spell-based trapper Ranger/Duelist as easily without the help of frenzies. I bet there would still be many other ways to make it work, or Melee name-lock Witch or a bow-using Templar...

I think I got my point across.

Thanks for an awesome game GGG. Keep your game fresh, I enjoy every attempt you make at shaking things up. Sadly this time, the commoners pitchforks were raised angrily.
"
pifpep wrote:
"
NessOnett8 wrote:

Why do you people just lie? Like, if you have an actual argument to what you're saying, make it.

According to the statistics, less than 12% of players level 90+ in legacy league used blood rage.

Are you a GGG employee? Then post internal logs about your statistical claims, otherwise it's player based and not trustworthy.

"I don't like these easily verifiable facts based on direct-source statistics, so they must be Fake News!"

...Where have I heard this before?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1841349

^These ARE from GGG...feel free to count them yourselves. Or you're saying that GGG is lying in their publicly given statistics...

And that's ignoring that GGG periodically puts out reports like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896374
With statistical breakdowns of skill/ascendancy/item usage. Which, again, confirm what I said.

But you feel free to ignore all this evidence. And I'll continue to ignore your argument about how "Everyone uses Frenzy charges" because it's simply factually inaccurate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info