Skill Preview: Dark Pact

I wonder were you got the idea from...
same name, same mechanic: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Slark#Abilities
*thinking*
Last edited by PopeJo on Jul 24, 2017, 2:58:15 AM
I'm curious to see how this will work with totems mines and traps.

I've always wanted to make a "blood mage" kinda character and so far this is the closet thing to it.
"
Eschor wrote:
"
Parzival1423 wrote:
"
T_Speed wrote:
hype
Btw, how is this interact with CI ?

In the vid you can see it taking away life instead of ES. So it'll probably insta kill you if you have CI

But that is because of chaos damage bypassing ES. With CI this skill probably won't do any damage to you, but it will also do zero damage to mobs, because

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Because the damage dealt by the skill is based on life...

You are WRONG!
1) The skill doesn't do damage to you or your skeletons, it instead instantly removes life
This skill doesn't do damage, so it doesn't have damage type (elemental/chaos/physical) which you can reduce by resistance or other means, and can't be used with CWDT!
2) If it was Chaos damage than Beacon of Corruption would be BAD synergy!

To GGG:
As for Minion Instability 33% is good but Summon skeletons is secondary setup with 4L, and FIRE damage isn't good synergy with this build which is CHAOS, so only passive nodes for minion life taken will amplify damage, but not Chaos!

I suggest you create a Jewel:
If there are 40 Intelligence in Radius than Minion Instability deals Chaos damage instead of Fire. (maybe with lower % then 33%).
Or remodel Minion Instability so it would deal chaos damage if summon = Skeleton!
Last edited by CBEToffOP on Jul 24, 2017, 3:10:43 AM
Looks really cool!
But...uhm...melee, anyone? Some love for melee? :D (i don't consider charged dash a melee skill i'm gonna be honest here)
Pretty sure mines and traps have 1 hp. So won't get much from them. Totems could replace righteous fire if it works for totems at all

As for CI. Well the damage is based off life spent. And the self damage cannot be mitigated. Not something to use with CI
Skill animation itself looks good. Would just like to know more information about skill.
"
nskLantash wrote:
Looks really cool!
But...uhm...melee, anyone? Some love for melee? :D (i don't consider charged dash a melee skill i'm gonna be honest here)

As far as i understand Charged Dash primary function isn't damage!
It is Channeling skill so:
With CwC setup you use any damage skill, and when you see that boss will hit you, you release skill and your character moves to other place!

It is like automatic movement skill when you need it! Because if you casting some offensive skills you need time to finish it before you can use movement skill to evade! But this setup offer you without waiting!
Self damage? wait maybe it can be fun?

The skill doesn't do damage to you or your skeletons, it instead instantly removes life, so the skill does not work with Cast when Damage Taken and other self-damage setups and cannot be mitigated.

New skill and new confusing explanation haha:
-The skill doesn't do damage to you or your skeletons
nice its normal for skills to do no damage to player hehe :)
- it instead instantly removes life
for sure its removing life of enemy :)

I do not understand why they kill all fun from so clunky and self damaging skill?
Ok so rip all fun with this skill.

Last hope for this skill is insane amounts of damage.

I do hope they redo this skill. Its hard to use, you can damage yourself, its very expensive to run with es (es nerf with 3.0). The best part is they are showing this skill with es hahaha.

I hope im wrong and it will be fun to use and my new favorite skill in POE.
Why only skeletons they squishi enough in end game like 2-3k life ;(
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Frankly - I have watched this previev few times and I still don't understand mechanics behind this skill. Is it summons some kind of chaos skeletons which explodes when dying? is it something like a chaos verrsion of Blade Flurry skill?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info