Game of Thrones season 7

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
GoT really is fantasy for the lowest common denominator now.

I think the defining moment was when someone got resurrected.
It hollowed out all the other deaths in the series and now it's just fantasy junk food/sword opera.

But eh, fuck it. It's almost over and the music and visuals are on point. Might as well finish it out.

Life's too short for me I'm afraid. Also, the amount of teeth-gritting from my TV Watching Life Partner just isn't worth it.

And yes, that as well as the Zena: Warrior Princess level cheese of the Sand Snakes. They were meant to be AMAZING. They were...so bad.

life partner?

we talking like Jay and silent Bob? or???

im still enjoying Game of thrones personally but it is getting out there

I also agree that John Snow getting rezed was kind of a turning point

when it happened i was pissed
I dont see any any key!
It's moving so fast at this point, it's almost jumped the shark. I'll be content to wait for Winds, which may never come but hey, at least I have poe to pass the time.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
pneuma wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
GoT really is fantasy for the lowest common denominator now.

I think the defining moment was when someone got resurrected.
It hollowed out all the other deaths in the series and now it's just fantasy junk food/sword opera.

But eh, fuck it. It's almost over and the music and visuals are on point. Might as well finish it out.

Well, someone has been repeatedly getting resurrected almost from the get go.
The editing in ep3 was pretty annoying at some points during the interior shots... just weird, too random and fast.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
"
Moridin79 wrote:

Beric is different than Jon. His revivals at the hands of Thoros are a defining quality for his character, but he's just a supporting character. Jon's felt like a huge deus ex machina.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

Beric is different than Jon. His revivals at the hands of Thoros are a defining quality for his character, but he's just a supporting character. Jon's felt like a huge deus ex machina.

Agree, it was the one point where I was just like "really" you kill him and then unkill him across 2 episodes....
I dont see any any key!
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

Agree, it was the one point where I was just like "really" you kill him and then unkill him across 2 episodes....
I dont see any any key!
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

My perspective is from a borderline feeling of detest for the show version of the story. I can't really share my feelings of Jon's return to life because I haven't read it yet. However, I can see how it would feel from a strictly show watcher's pov. (Not sure if you've read any of the series.) But since the end of ADWD, the overwhelming feeling was that Jon could not be killed off completely due to who he actually is and his overall importance. I would assume the show community felt the same, I'm not really sure.
heres who deserved to be rezed

I dont see any any key!
Take note that Season 5 was when the show outpaced the books, so the producers had to squeeze out a storyline as good as they could to fill in the gap. It is sadly full of logic gaps and plot holes but I would still toast them a drink for their desperate attempt to live up to George R.R. Martin's standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info