Game of Thrones season 7

Luckily since I used a new email, I got another month free of HBO NOW.
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
i did not particularly like the first episode - a lot of it could have been struck from it without losing any of the story involved. for instance, daenery's last scene could easily have been half as long.

also, i am deeply annoyed that i still have to wait for the next book. have read all the pre-released chapters, some more than once. there is so much good story waiting for us, and the first episode is spent to a good part showing people walking.

now, if it were dead people walking, that i could get behind. :-)
GRRM just needs to get his act together and finish the next book. I am afraid that he has decided to not finish the books and will let the TV show do it for him. :(
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
GRRM just needs to get his act together and finish the next book. I am afraid that he has decided to not finish the books and will let the TV show do it for him. :(

He probably finished them years ago but just not allowed to release them until after the TV series is done.

On the subject of last night's episode, top notch setting up of the series except for the pointless scene with the singing bollock which was reminiscent of a GCSE drama class.
"
Donnerdrummel wrote:
for instance, daenery's last scene could easily have been half as long.

Dude, for six seasons she tries to get back to the mainland and now she has done it. What do you expect? :D
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I'll be that guy, reading reviews after the fact. Or waiting for the end so I can marathon it. The show lost me in season 5.

Season 5 was a bit sucky. Season 6 was excellent, however. I recommend.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Anyone know where to stream these? EU
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
If this is the pace they are kicking the season off, i am not really that impressed :/
Never read the book personally, so i have no clue how it all wraps up, but the new season pilot episode is kind of....meh imo.
No rest for the wicked.
I'm hoping the episodes get better and better as the season wraps up. Hopefully episode 1 will be the most boring episode so that the rest are super exciting!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
"
Daiena wrote:
If this is the pace they are kicking the season off, i am not really that impressed :/
Never read the book personally, so i have no clue how it all wraps up, but the new season pilot episode is kind of....meh imo.
The last book ended episodes ago. GRRM has promised book 6 years ago to be followed by book 7. IIRC most of season 6 and all of season 7 have been made up for TV. The future books, if we ever see them, may or may not follow the same path. Book 5, A dance with Dragons was published in 2011.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info