Can we collectively try to participate in PvP?

"
Breaking my 1337 post for this. Anyone who is taking pvp as serious as you ahfack, is doing it wrong. We have been organizing everyday and playing until we come up with teams that seem competitive. We got the teams to a point where we were winning games almost equally. Since I have played there has been no shit talking. I use a cheap broken golem build and its pretty fun to defend my flag with. There is certain shit like LA that absolutely rips me apart but I still try my best to either avoid the LA or group attack with my whole group hoping I can tip the iceberg. If you cant kill someone, focus on keeping their flag at your base while your whole team collaborates and tries to solve the problem. I have killed overture a few times once in awhile and I am usually really surprised because hes fuckin tanky dude.

The whole point of this is to have fun. I have been having a blast. If each side has a defender, nuker, tank, or flag capturerer, it usually plays out decently. If you are getting offscreened by someone, fall back and take cover while you wait for your team to try to compete with their offscreening. Its not balanced but its definitely easy for us to figure some kind of meta. CTF is going to be the closest thing to being able to create diverse builds in a PvP game mode that we will get. Not every build is great at it but most people probably have 10 chars around lvl 80-95 with free respecs. Be creative, if you dont have the gear to make a DPS nuker, try to make a tanky capture char. If you dont have the gear for either of those builds, try to make a defender. CTF is the one game mode you dont have to make a char which kills. This opens up a ton of build options. IDK guys I still think its fun and anyone can compete. Try to find some gear that correlates to the four different meta builds, capper/tank,defender, and nuker.

This games pvp is not made for 1v1s. There is no way to balance teams in 1v1 and the builds are broken. Atleast in ctf you can come up with team comps.

+1 to the whole post, but emphasis in bold.

this is EASILY the most fun i've had in poe. it's actually the most fun i've had in video games since LAN parties and 4-8 player (2 ps2s with a multitap and the firewire cable) console (local) fps fests/ridiculous mario kart tournaments.

EASILY the most fun i've had playing online.

to the point where i think ctf should be in every game. even mortal kombat.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jul 16, 2017, 4:15:52 AM
"
Breaking my 1337 post for this. Anyone who is taking pvp as serious as you ahfack, is doing it wrong. We have been organizing everyday and playing until we come up with teams that seem competitive. We got the teams to a point where we were winning games almost equally. Since I have played there has been no shit talking. I use a cheap broken golem build and its pretty fun to defend my flag with. There is certain shit like LA that absolutely rips me apart but I still try my best to either avoid the LA or group attack with my whole group hoping I can tip the iceberg. If you cant kill someone, focus on keeping their flag at your base while your whole team collaborates and tries to solve the problem. I have killed overture a few times once in awhile and I am usually really surprised because hes fuckin tanky dude.

The whole point of this is to have fun. I have been having a blast. If each side has a defender, nuker, tank, or flag capturerer, it usually plays out decently. If you are getting offscreened by someone, fall back and take cover while you wait for your team to try to compete with their offscreening. Its not balanced but its definitely easy for us to figure some kind of meta. CTF is going to be the closest thing to being able to create diverse builds in a PvP game mode that we will get. Not every build is great at it but most people probably have 10 chars around lvl 80-95 with free respecs. Be creative, if you dont have the gear to make a DPS nuker, try to make a tanky capture char. If you dont have the gear for either of those builds, try to make a defender. CTF is the one game mode you dont have to make a char which kills. This opens up a ton of build options. IDK guys I still think its fun and anyone can compete. Try to find some gear that correlates to the four different meta builds, capper/tank,defender, and nuker.

This games pvp is not made for 1v1s. There is no way to balance teams in 1v1 and the builds are broken. Atleast in ctf you can come up with team comps.

Yea I've been having a lot of fun too and what you said about having more options is 100% true. It's the most balanced game mode of this whole unbalanced shitfest.

Back when we had more people taking part in CTF, some people made dedicated flag runners which was pretty scary. You had to play with that in mind, a lot of people were running bear traps. People were also keeping trap sweeping skills on hand to deal with trappers, etc.

There was actually stuff happening. I can't bring myself to be in Sarn Arena after having done that. It feels pointless.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
hahaha just getting around today finally, so hungover. I'm not taking pvp seriously, nor am I trying to be competitive. If I was, my boots wouldn't have been empty, or I wouldn't have been wearing my demi size belt for lulz. I really don't care, I'm quite aware of the meta. Before Ascendancy there was still a bit of hope, but now with every new flask, buff, or item that comes out the gameplay just seems to get more and more fucktarded. But what do we expect when our balance team don't even play to merciless difficulty? lol. I understand if it's fun to just sit around and play broken shit all day and be like "lol i'm a regen tank you can't kill me you can't kill me, lol traps go boom, lol overlapping proj offscreen PEW PEW", but I just don't think that's fun I guess? I'm not playing to win, I stopped that long ago, I want to play to have fun. But even if I'm on the winning team and we win in 20sec bc of qotf pathfinder, or even if it takes 10min bc regen-tank-flag-possession-stalemate, I mean it's just flat out stupid and not fun to me. This is my opinion, and how I feel about it, I'm obviously looking for different things out of this game than you guys playing, and that's fine. That's why I sold all my alt art/shit I don't need and started crafting because that's actually quite fun to me atm. Don't get me wrong, I've had some realllllllllllly fun times in pvp in this game and I hope they continue to improve it, but the fun just is not there for me anymore as long as everyone has to play broken shit in order to compete. Playing a quick match yesterday just solidifies all of these opinions/observations as well. And I'm not trying to be debbie downer here, but this is how I feel, and I know I'm not the only one. I hope you guys continue to get enjoyment out of playing because that's what a game is all about. But for me, as it stands right now, there's basically no enjoyment in the PVP gameplay atm, even if I'm on the winning team every time. It just feels like I'm wasting my time.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
I have to agree with my boo here on this one, I just don't find it fun the way I used to. The reason I stuck with PVP for as long as I did was because at the time, I could at least learn to counter shit and sort of stood a chance. Now the only way to play is to fight broken with broken, and that is in zero ways fun. Everyone just going with what's easy or going with the meta just doesn't sound like an enjoyable match at all, and I want to be able to enjoy what I'm playing during my time off from work. That's really why I'm avoiding 3v3s, and why I'm glad the time they happen is when I need to go to bed, so I at least have an excuse to not do any.

I'm not playing to win, and I rarely ever did in the first place either, but it's kinda retarded that I somehow have to play around all the fucktarded builds people go with- I should be able to play the way I choose and still have a fighting chance, the way I did even in the days of shotgunning. inb4 git gud, etc.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
i feel you guys but i cant refrain myself from putting this here:

Spoiler
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Ahfack wrote:
hahaha just getting around today finally, so hungover. I'm not taking pvp seriously, nor am I trying to be competitive. If I was, my boots wouldn't have been empty, or I wouldn't have been wearing my demi size belt for lulz. I really don't care, I'm quite aware of the meta. Before Ascendancy there was still a bit of hope, but now with every new flask, buff, or item that comes out the gameplay just seems to get more and more fucktarded. But what do we expect when our balance team don't even play to merciless difficulty? lol. I understand if it's fun to just sit around and play broken shit all day and be like "lol i'm a regen tank you can't kill me you can't kill me, lol traps go boom, lol overlapping proj offscreen PEW PEW", but I just don't think that's fun I guess? I'm not playing to win, I stopped that long ago, I want to play to have fun. But even if I'm on the winning team and we win in 20sec bc of qotf pathfinder, or even if it takes 10min bc regen-tank-flag-possession-stalemate, I mean it's just flat out stupid and not fun to me. This is my opinion, and how I feel about it, I'm obviously looking for different things out of this game than you guys playing, and that's fine. That's why I sold all my alt art/shit I don't need and started crafting because that's actually quite fun to me atm. Don't get me wrong, I've had some realllllllllllly fun times in pvp in this game and I hope they continue to improve it, but the fun just is not there for me anymore as long as everyone has to play broken shit in order to compete. Playing a quick match yesterday just solidifies all of these opinions/observations as well. And I'm not trying to be debbie downer here, but this is how I feel, and I know I'm not the only one. I hope you guys continue to get enjoyment out of playing because that's what a game is all about. But for me, as it stands right now, there's basically no enjoyment in the PVP gameplay atm, even if I'm on the winning team every time. It just feels like I'm wasting my time.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
seriously,

i think pvp is getting better.

Let's look at pierce changes again:

instead of giving % pierce chance now pierce grants a static number of pierced objects.

That means, using frost wall + enhance lvl 4 + increased duration + spell echo, you can spam impenetrable amounts of frost walls and you can use this as a defense and as a tool to deplete pathfinders flasks. Harley's fireball, KB, LA and of course EA gonna suffer a lot from this.

This is a big plus for pvp balance;

Soul of Solaris is self explaining itself and its giving an end of "crit multi + crit chance" blind + cheap damage scaling tactics in pvp. This is a big plus as well.

crit, offscreen, projectiles got nerfed big time until now. Beta is still on going.

MoM gonna be OP, especially for melee builds also.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jul 16, 2017, 6:56:00 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
seriously,

instead of giving % pierce chance now pierce grants a static number of pierced objects.

That means, using frost wall + enhance lvl 4 + increased duration + spell echo, you can spam impenetrable amounts of frost walls and you can use this as a defense and as a tool to deplete pathfinders flasks. Harley's fireball, KB, LA and of course EA gonna suffer a lot from this.

Soul of Solaris is self explaining itself and its giving an end of "crit multi + crit chance" blind + cheap damage scaling tactics in pvp. This is a big plus as well.

crit, offscreen, projectiles got nerfed big time until now. Beta is still on going.

Yeah, there has been some things pop up that do give me a glimmer of hope about 3.0, and plus pvp being supported on xbox per Chris and I's conversation. But I'm not trying to be too hopeful like I was in the past and let down hard. I'd rather set the bar low and be surprised :D. I'm really just worried about the troll tank builds more than anything in 3.0 atm.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 16, 2017, 7:07:34 PM
You think they'll ever do some of that old-fashioned Diminishing Return whoosiewhatsits on regen? Would that even help?
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
Rupenus wrote:
seriously,

don't forget the GS nerf (removal actualy), removal of some of the es nodes behind ci (some changes in es, lowering it) , removal of double dipping, performance improvement (smoother game?) and the pantheon also gives some much needed counters. It will never be perfect At least I hope it's good enough to do leo dailies to get more people trying.
Last edited by awetZ020 on Jul 16, 2017, 8:23:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info