Can we collectively try to participate in PvP?

Spoiler

mandatory to share
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jul 15, 2017, 5:03:02 PM
"
Ahfack wrote:
So after Harley bugging me for days/weeks to play CTF, I finally caved today and said fuckit let's do a quick couple rounds, how bad could it be? Lol... was paired up against harley's offscreener and markusz mega tank. Markusz didn't die at all a single time and just held the flag until harley killed everything offscreen with overlapping projectiles.

Good times, guys, good times! So fucking stupid to play PVP in this game right now, and if you don't see that then I don't know wtf to tellya. Back to AFK'ing in sarn while I do shit IRL :D

#realtalk
#neveragain
#3.0in2019!!!!!!

But the thread specifically states there are glaring imbalances and that we're trying to play to have fun at this point, not to win or compete.

I dunno why you think 3.0 is gonna change anything. It's gonna make things worse. We've barely even seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to new skills and unique items. It's going to be such a massive shitfest.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
hahahahha rup that is awesome, i've never seen that lmao!!!

harley, bc it's the only hope we have. If it gets worse? then cya pvp, never playing again no big deal. That's why I started crafting instead of getting alt arts to MAKE MUH PIXELS LOOK SO KEWL. If we get nothing or it gets worse then fuckit, end of story.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
It's scary playing with some of you recognizing like legendary names and shit, but i do like just hanging out for a bit (especially as leagues die down and player base falls) or playing a few ctf matches. I'll always try to have an at least almost viable build for pvp fun, and it will definitely be a cheaper broken type of build because Doc hasn't been around all that long :D but ya my main point, it'll always be hard to get a player base of interested pvp players not just based on the intimidation factor of realizing who it is you're playing against/talking too, but like markus pointed out theres a serious lack of knowledge. Gathering more players would probably have to start in leagues imo, peak an interest, invite more into ctf there and get them going so instead of quitting 2 months after league launch they do what i do and pour it all into something that they can have fun with and hang out in the arena on without getting impossibly frustrated
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
It's scary playing with some of you recognizing like legendary names and shit, but i do like just hanging out for a bit (especially as leagues die down and player base falls) or playing a few ctf matches. I'll always try to have an at least almost viable build for pvp fun, and it will definitely be a cheaper broken type of build because Doc hasn't been around all that long :D but ya my main point, it'll always be hard to get a player base of interested pvp players not just based on the intimidation factor of realizing who it is you're playing against/talking too, but like markus pointed out theres a serious lack of knowledge. Gathering more players would probably have to start in leagues imo, peak an interest, invite more into ctf there and get them going so instead of quitting 2 months after league launch they do what i do and pour it all into something that they can have fun with and hang out in the arena on without getting impossibly frustrated

Yeah, I wish more people thought like you. There's been some good league pvp from time to time, but everyone just always gravitates towards the most broken shit, and the problem of having no player base will only repeat itself until core issues are fixed. No one pvp's because it's broken, and it's broken because no one pvp's. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

No player is more important than any other player here. Some of us are just dinosaurs that have been around and learned more game mechanics than the general PVE public cares to learn. Which has taught us over time to learn value in gear before the general public, which makes some of us profitable when we later get/craft an upgrade for ourself and sell that 4ex +1 curse ammy we used on our cwdt pvp curse setup for 100ex when blasphemy came out etc.. etc...
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:

Yeah, I wish more people thought like you. There's been some good league pvp from time to time, but everyone just always gravitates towards the most broken shit, and the problem of having no player base will only repeat itself until core issues are fixed. No one pvp's because it's broken, and it's broken because no one pvp's. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'd say it's more broken because for the most part, GGG doesn't have our backs, not that this hasn't been stated ad nauseam. We complain about skills with broken damage in PVP, and we have to wait for months for them to even consider doing something about it (and what pisses me off the most is when people say "Oh, I'm just doing it so GGG will notice and do something about it. You're full of shit, stop posting that quote by one of the devs. You know it's broken and you enjoy being on top, that's it). They just put us on the back burner and forget about us, then we're nothing but pasta noodles burned to the bottom of the pan.

I think another reason players don't go into PVP is because they don't wanna get bashed. Getting slaughtered is one thing, but most PVP communities are toxic cesspools- just lots and lots of AmazonPrimes and Gutbagses, and nobody wants to put up with that shit. Same reason I didn't start for the longest time. Players have to experience PVP before they realize something, and that something is this: Nobody gives a fuck!
Your build sucks? Nobody gives a fuck! They won't say ANYTHING! They never have, and they never will!

"
Ahfack wrote:
No player is more important than any other player here.

*ahem*

"
Ahfack wrote:
Some of us are just dinosaurs that have been around and learned more game mechanics than the general PVE public cares to learn.

It's harder for players to get into PVP now than it was back around 1.3 because of the obscene amounts of damage players can put out. I was lucky enough to get into it early and kind of adapt in a way, and it's what made rlowe one of, if not my best character. It's why I take PVP somewhat seriously. It's why I get bent out of shape when people laugh about me or anyone taking PVP seriously, and when they say it should be removed. 90% of my responses would just get removed by support.

"
Ahfack wrote:
Which has taught us over time to learn value in gear before the general public, which makes some of us profitable when we later get/craft an upgrade for ourself and sell that 4ex +1 curse ammy we used on our cwdt pvp curse setup for 100ex when blasphemy came out etc.. etc...

Yea, not everyone! Thanks for being my secretary, by the way! Your service was indispensable and I don't think I can ever repay you for all the help you've given me over the course of our friendship. I'll give you an alc to show you how much you mean to me!

Anyway, sorry to channel 1.6-Mulla there, I'll just do one wall of rambling a year. Promise!
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Last edited by I_am_Upset on Jul 15, 2017, 7:06:33 PM
Fuck this game
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
Fuck this game

i approved this msg
"
Ahfack wrote:
So after Harley bugging me for days/weeks to play CTF, I finally caved today and said fuckit let's do a quick couple rounds, how bad could it be? Lol... was paired up against harley's offscreener and markusz mega tank. Markusz didn't die at all a single time and just held the flag until harley killed everything offscreen with overlapping projectiles.

Good times, guys, good times! So fucking stupid to play PVP in this game right now, and if you don't see that then I don't know wtf to tellya. Back to AFK'ing in sarn while I do shit IRL :D

#realtalk
#neveragain
#3.0in2019!!!!!!

not sure if you were on my team or if you played after i jumped off (comcast was repairing the tap outside), but yeah. couldn't kill markuz. so what? it's fun to try and he's not the only tank (even if he does seem to be the tankiest).

i killed him once or twice in sarn (minutes before), so it can be done. i'm not going to cry about losing a ctf game.

you and others talk a lot of shit here, but you don't even seem to bother showing up most of the time. sure, there are a lot of issues/imba shit in pvp. but that doesn't mean chaining some ctf games isn't fun.

edit: as a result of this, i'm carrying 2 copies of frost bomb now. haha.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jul 16, 2017, 12:54:57 AM
Breaking my 1337 post for this. Anyone who is taking pvp as serious as you ahfack, is doing it wrong. We have been organizing everyday and playing until we come up with teams that seem competitive. We got the teams to a point where we were winning games almost equally. Since I have played there has been no shit talking. I use a cheap broken golem build and its pretty fun to defend my flag with. There is certain shit like LA that absolutely rips me apart but I still try my best to either avoid the LA or group attack with my whole group hoping I can tip the iceberg. If you cant kill someone, focus on keeping their flag at your base while your whole team collaborates and tries to solve the problem. I have killed overture a few times once in awhile and I am usually really surprised because hes fuckin tanky dude.

The whole point of this is to have fun. I have been having a blast. If each side has a defender, nuker, tank, or flag capturerer, it usually plays out decently. If you are getting offscreened by someone, fall back and take cover while you wait for your team to try to compete with their offscreening. Its not balanced but its definitely easy for us to figure some kind of meta. CTF is going to be the closest thing to being able to create diverse builds in a PvP game mode that we will get. Not every build is great at it but most people probably have 10 chars around lvl 80-95 with free respecs. Be creative, if you dont have the gear to make a DPS nuker, try to make a tanky capture char. If you dont have the gear for either of those builds, try to make a defender. CTF is the one game mode you dont have to make a char which kills. This opens up a ton of build options. IDK guys I still think its fun and anyone can compete. Try to find some gear that correlates to the four different meta builds, capper/tank,defender, and nuker.

This games pvp is not made for 1v1s. There is no way to balance teams in 1v1 and the builds are broken. Atleast in ctf you can come up with team comps.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Jul 16, 2017, 2:26:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info