We really need in game Auction House

"
k1rage wrote:
"
Has GGG ever mentioned anything about putting an Auction House in the game? I wonder if it would make buying and selling stuff easier?

GGG has said they will never put in an AH

which is fine but it still doesn't excuse them from the current cluster fork that is trade

Indeed, QFT.

There's probably at least a hundred ways I can think of to improve the trading system without introducing a full-blown auction house, all while GGG does NOTHING about it.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
+1
"
carnivore2k4 wrote:
"
X1Z1 wrote:

Ok, but do you find the process enjoyable?

It doesn't have to be and it is a good thing that it isn't.

The easier trading becomes and the more accessible items become, the more and the faster people will be able to equip for end game and "finish" the game. And the faster this happens, the sooner they stop playing again.
Which reduces longevity of leagues, average play time per player, average player count, leading to less players coming in and in consequence to less real money spent.
Players are foremost drawn in to a game by other players and the feeling that a game is "alive" and developing, once people feel a game is dying and stagnant they leave and stay away. Because of this it just make sense to not artificially shorten time played by any means.
Of course this has to balanced against sufficient feeling of progress to keep motivation up and the benefits of player to player interactions, but those are other topics.

That ship has sailed. It was a valid reason before poe.trade came into existence, since then it's already been easy to find what you need. In the current system, the only time i have problems finding items is when i'm looking for very specific, high - god tier stuff. Almost everything below that is easy to find and affordable. An in-game AH won't make it that much easier, but if built properly it will add a lot of needed quality of life changes.

If you don't like how trading makes it easier to gear your characters... GO PLAY SSF.
I skimmed through the thread and did not read all of it, so forgive me if something similar has been suggested already.

So i see a lot of 'keep it the way it is' vs 'deploy full on offline trading AH in game' for the most part. Why not combine some parts from both sides.

This how I could see the trading work, without the offline trading (playing the game without actually playing) but adding some much needed quality of life.

Add a new Trade Stand Stash (TSS) (not the trade tabs) just like we have a personal Stash and Guild Stash, so this would be a 3rd one. It would work something like this:

Seller: buys trade tabs (similar to what we do now) and is able to add them to this TSS*, then list items, just like now, basically this part remains the same, but the items are now in this new Stash instead of the personal Stash.

Buyer: When the buyer finds the item he wants on poe.trade for example, he msgs the seller, gets invited, goes to the sellers hideout and is able to Browse the TSS and simply buy the item from there.

Pros:
no need to leave map/lab/farming - convenience.
Need to be online to be able to invite the buyer. (technically pro. for the games sake)
Can be potentially monetized as MTX. (Think Trade stands skins, more tabs, multiple TSS etc)
Set it and forget it.

Cons:
Might be hard to implement.
Would need a way to transfer currency from buyer to seller. (potentially TSS could have a 'Void tab' which would store the said currency, but couldnt be used for regular storage, similar to how the tabs work when Leagues merge.)
You would still have to msg ppl and get 'this person is offline or AFK' reply's.
Still need to complete pretty much all the same steps to setup the shop.

So just my 2 cents, thoughts?
Today I was trying to buy an item I was eyeing for a long time. Scrapped some leftover currency and whispered what it seems to be the only seller who is still playing and he refuses to sell me the item because he "was racing". Even though I was asking nicely he wouldn't switch for 2 minutes to trade, it's not like it would make any difference, I could be saving him from a death for all I know.

This is why I hate this system. We can't buy from offline sellers and are forced to share instances with sellers, it's depressing. I'm tired of this, i'm tired of the goddamned player interaction. I'm tired of this stupid system and I want change, wheter it involves an AH or not, just let us trade with offline people and make it asynchronous.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
"
carnivore2k4 wrote:

The easier trading becomes and the more accessible items become, the more and the faster people will be able to equip for end game and "finish" the game. And the faster this happens, the sooner they stop playing again.

Hello, we're living in "clearspeed meta", which made 99,99% items in game super cheap. People do maps so fast, that they drop piles of "rare" uniques and it becomes "worthless trash" for them.
There are plenty of guides, how to do all game content in gear worth less than 1ex. You can still go to poe.trade and buy any item you want (except few ones like Headhunter, Skyforth, Acuity or super T1 rares) for bunch of chaos or less. You will waste some time on afks, but you can do it.
Did that ruin the game? Did that make people quit?
Last edited by osesek on Jul 1, 2017, 3:31:13 AM
Could someone stop screaming like a sheep "D3 had AH thus AH = BAD" and just walk us through how exactly would Poe be ruined if we had instant (*with optional restrictions and modified conditions if necessary) offline trading plus a mailbox-stashtab?

For starters, D3 gold could not be used to directly craft items,
and your chars never died, and even in softcore you had no need to reroll a char ever,
which are 3 against 0 for Poe.

Please post all your fears and cons listed, and I shall debunk them or find a solution for them.
I seriously see not one real threat to the overall experience and outcome or economy if we had a AH.

"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
"
Elemenz wrote:
Could someone stop screaming like a sheep "D3 had AH thus AH = BAD" and just walk us through how exactly would Poe be ruined if we had instant (*with optional restrictions and modified conditions if necessary) offline trading plus a mailbox-stashtab?

For starters, D3 gold could not be used to directly craft items,
and your chars never died, and even in softcore you had no need to reroll a char ever,
which are 3 against 0 for Poe.

Please post all your fears and cons listed, and I shall debunk them or find a solution for them.
I seriously see not one real threat to the overall experience and outcome or economy if we had a AH.

Great points.
Heres a good reason not to. Itll make it very easy for bots to trade for people without playing.
HAIL SATAN!
I rly get the point that ppl against action house say. I played so many good games that was destroyed cause automation of trade. BUT some kind of quality of life is needed. Its a shame that u must user third party site and programs made by comunity to play this game. At least put poetrade ui INSIDE the game so ggg can police it and control it (like auto offline when afk etc...)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info