Bigest POE exploit ever in Reddit

"
jackof8lades wrote:
Its not an exploit cause you are not doing anything that is not part of the normal gameplay as coded by ggg skeletons aperantly spawned beyond portals, thats dumb sure and it should not work this way as it is way to profitable to do and they rightfully fixed/nerfed this mechanic.
PPl just desperately want this to be an exploit for some reason but calling this an exploit is like calling ghosbusting an exploit cause it was to profitable.

Well of course, if it wasn't coded, it would be called a hack.
"
jackof8lades wrote:
calling this an exploit is like calling ghosbusting an exploit cause it was to profitable.

its a thin line here as two things arent really comparable.

ghostbusting require(s/d) investment, map, build, puller, etc. it was no a 'little investment' thing to do. it required coordination and initial investment.

skeleton spamming beyond mobs from nothing in an empty map is a different game. which is prone to extreme botting.

clever use of game mechanic ? perhaps. but using it to get billions of currency while afking in a fully sextant-ed up/leaguestoned SINGLE map is certainly an exploit.

lets put it this way. is a way to make unlimited currency out of thin air an exploit or not in context of poe ?

"
grepman wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
calling this an exploit is like calling ghosbusting an exploit cause it was to profitable.

ghostbusting require(s/d) investment, map, build, puller, etc. it was no a 'little investment' thing to do. it required coordination and initial investment.

skeleton spamming beyond mobs from nothing in an empty map is a different game. which is prone to extreme botting.

clever use of game mechanic ? perhaps. but using it to get billions of currency while afking in a fully sextant-ed up/leaguestoned SINGLE map is certainly an exploit.

lets put it this way. is a way to make unlimited currency out of thin air an exploit or not in context of poe ?

So you would define if something is an eploit or not by whatever effort it takes and the amount of currency you make,those are 2 arbitrary standards and make for a poor argument againt whatever something is an exploit or not.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:

So you would define if something is an eploit or not by whatever effort it takes and the amount of currency you make,those are 2 arbitrary standards and make for a poor argument againt whatever something is an exploit or not.

no, you didnt get my point

ghostbusting isnt an exploit. nothing in ghostbusting goes against the game mechanics. no matter how much you scale it, it behaves the same way. it works exactly as intended. there aren't unlimited currency or profits. was it TOO profitable and a bit unexpected to pull ghosts without killing them ? sure. but amount of currency was strictly limited to number of ghosts.

your whole point was 'ghostbusting was also profitable, so was it an exploit' type of thing, remember ?

is it intended on minion death to get beyond spawns in a map that has no further enemy mobs ?

so again, making unlimited currency from thin air- is it an exploit or not ?

the scaling is there to show clearly and beyond a reasonable doubt it's an exploit.

some people might not see the big picture. if you skim someone 1 cent on a purchase and put in your pocket people might not realize you're exploiting them until you do it to 10 million of people and pocket 100k

leaguestone exploit was an exploit, and so is this. ghostbusting is not an exploit.
^^ ^^
You seeem way to hang up on scale debating whatever something is an eploit or not has nothing to do whit what you get out of it whatever it be 1 wisdom scroll or 1 milion exalt
And i never called ghostbusting an exploit dont pretend that i did thats dishonest i used it as an example why i think this isn't an exploit.
And in both cases i think it should not be in the game and there were both rightfully(in my opnion) removed/nerfed.
Also you are using another exploit(stones) which is indeed an exploit to somehow prove this is an exploit,not sure how that logic works.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm sure someone will try and defend this. "It's not an exploit, it is clever use of game mechanics".

Well this was 100% GGG's oversight and not really an "exploit" per the classic video game definition because he is not doing anything mechanically unintended here. Botting for automation is another story but socketing 5 jewels into your passive tree isn't a bannable offensive. GGG dropped the ball on this one and didn't think the jewel through.

For anyone who doesn't understand what is happening here, he is using 5x+ army of bones to give him -100% skeleton duration. Friendly deaths count towards the beyond counter so he is just summoning instantly expiring skeletons to proc the spawn of beyond mobs presumably on a map loaded with sextants and leaguestones.

Lame? Sure. But not an "exploit" just an oversight. Not defending the guy but people here seem to be more mad at him than GGG :p
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor
"
jackof8lades wrote:
^^ ^^
You seeem way to hang up on scale debating whatever something is an eploit or not has nothing to do whit what you get out of it whatever it be 1 wisdom scroll or 1 milion exalt
And i never called ghostbusting an exploit dont pretend that i did thats dishonest i used it as an example why i think this isn't an exploit.
And in both cases i think it should not be in the game and there were both rightfully(in my opnion) removed/nerfed.
Also you are using another exploit(stones) which is indeed an exploit to somehow prove this is an exploit,not sure how that logic works.
again, Im asking you for third time, is making unlimited currency in an empty map, an exploit or not ? I havent received an answer so far. you keep bobbin and weavin and ducking the question

since it appers you have some reading comprehension problem, Ill repeat. it doesnt matter whether its one wisdom scroll or 100 exalts, the scale is to illustrate how something is an exploit and something isnt. its fairly easy to understand that someone shouldnt make infinite currency out of an empty map.

once there are no ghosts/mobs in the map, there is no more further profit. you dont make currency out of thin air - only from mobs on map. ghost mechanic possesses mobs, and mobs drop loot. everything is consistent. too good ? yes. an exploit ? hardly.

is there an explicit post or info saying minion death spawns beyond portals ? if not, then its a clear exploit, exploiting something that doesnt work as intended.

if you think that generating infinite currency out of thin air in an empty map is not an exploit in a game about economy. ok then. we have nothing to talk about. printing money is also not an exploit by your logic.
Last edited by grepman on Jun 26, 2017, 7:12:22 PM
"
joebagz wrote:
Friendly deaths count towards the beyond counter
the question is, why do they count and whether its intended or not.

Im fairly certain srs deaths dont count toward the beyond counter.
SSF is looking better and better
"
grepman wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
^^ ^^
again, Im asking you for third time, is making unlimited currency in an empty map, an exploit or not ? I havent received an answer so far. you keep bobbin and weavin and ducking the question

since it appers you have some reading comprehension problem, Ill repeat. it doesnt matter whether its one wisdom scroll or 100 exalts, the scale is to illustrate how something is an exploit and something isnt. its fairly easy to understand that someone shouldnt make infinite currency out of an empty map.

once there are no ghosts/mobs in the map, there is no more further profit. you dont make currency out of thin air - only from mobs on map. ghost mechanic possesses mobs, and mobs drop loot. everything is consistent. too good ? yes. an exploit ? hardly.

is there an explicit post or info saying minion death spawns beyond portals ? if not, then its a clear exploit, exploiting something that doesnt work as intended.

if you think that generating infinite currency out of thin air in an empty map is not an exploit in a game about economy. ok then. we have nothing to talk about. printing money is also not an exploit by your logic.

1:I gave you an answer and reasons behind my answer it not my fault you don't understand it.
2:When all else fails use insults. also contradict yourself much,in one sentense you say scale doesn't matter but then it does in determining if something is an exploit or not like lol wtf.
Also its the beyond that spawns that drops the currency not thin air.
3:Again incredibaly dishonest here as i have never called ghostbusting an exploit you are just lying at this point and you know it.
4:Is there an explicit post it should not?
5: Again whit the infinite non argument the amount has nothing to do whatever something is an exploit yes or no,i am talking about the mechanics themselves and no thats not an exploit no matter how much currency it generates,whatever that be infinite or not.
Also cause i don't find this an exploit i am ok whit printing money? Not even gonna bother explaining the falicies whit this one.

It's ok to be white

Last edited by jackof8lades on Jun 26, 2017, 8:13:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info