Bigest POE exploit ever in Reddit

it is a clever use of game mechanics. for him to think of it and do it, legit, kudos to him.

its innovation like this that i actually admire. sure its an unintended interaction, but how would anybody other than GGG know this?. don't at all blame him for doing it.

doesn't seem like this guy botted for it or anything. making loads of currency isn't against the rules, and honestly im not sure this is against the rules really. "its an exploit". ok...well the definition of exploit is
"
make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)
which is not against the rules.

im a parent and i go by a simple rule with my young child. i can't blame them for doing something i didn't tell them not to do. they don't know better otherwise.
unless this guy was botting while doing all this, i personally don't see anything wrong with it at all. it isn't remotely close to the same thing as duping items/currency.

i think people only see this as cheating because not many people knew about it and only a couple people profited. how would knowledge of this interaction, and "exploiting" it for currency be any different than knowing of a vendor recipe nobody else knows about???
similar to how people figured out how to very cheaply create +3 weapons and sell them for huge profits. that was kept secret for awhile and people profited HUGE off it. they weren't cheating or breaking any rules.

maybe this thing was a little more unintended, or rather, overlooked interaction by GGG, but thats their fault honestly.
Last edited by xMustard on Jun 26, 2017, 2:35:42 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm sure someone will try and defend this. "It's not an exploit, it is clever use of game mechanics".

Reddit at its best:

"Some people need to constantly convince themselves the reason they don't have as much currency as someone else is because of cheaters. Therefore any hint or suggestion of cheating will be taken as truth because it helps maintain the narrative that I would have as much currency as my favorite streamer playing 10% as much and 50% less efficiently if it weren't for these filthy exploiters!"

Second-class poe gamer
Only reason this one is the worst is because of how easy you could set up a bot to do this.

As far as returns for your time spent it's not even close to as good as ghostbusting.

I'm just hoping someone comes out with a story about how many hh they found while ghostbusting this league.

And still none of it is even close to as profitable as just flipping items on poe trade -_-

I would ban the ones that did this while legit afk for sure.

Also if I was GGG I'd consider putting an hour or so limit on how long a map can stay open to ensure this wont happen again.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Jun 26, 2017, 4:00:14 PM
I don't see the exploit sure they were "abusing" a game mechanic that clearly should not work this way, but it did work this way so no exploit here just ggg fucking up.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Any action a player takes on their own will to gain an unfair advantage is in violation of the terms. Whether or not this is considered cheating is arguable but it is for certain that the player did carry out the aforementioned and should be subject to account ban.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
jackof8lades wrote:
I don't see the exploit sure they were "abusing" a game mechanic that clearly should not work this way, but it did work this way so no exploit here just ggg fucking up.

??? Yo did anyone read what this guy wrote lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
jackof8lades wrote:

you just described the word exploit, and yet you don't see it?
It just sucks that this stuff keeps happening time and time again. New leagues are supposed to be a fresh start so stuff doesn't enter standard level of pricing but things like this just dilute and destroy the current economy. I'm just shocked that this could even go on so long. How can they not have a log of stuff like this and easily be able to see that someone is blatantly cheating.

It doesn't matter how long you play there is only so much currency, even on an amazing rng day, that the average player can get. It should be a big red flag when someone is able to pull insane amounts via DROPS (big difference then trading up for the day).

I have no beef with currency flippers. It's just buying low/selling high. Instead of playing the game how it was probably intended, they found a way to make currency in a way they enjoy. But cheating and ruining it for everyone is just stupid. How people like this don't get banned is so beyond me.
"
jackof8lades wrote:

LOL! Please define what an exploit is.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Its not an exploit cause you are not doing anything that is not part of the normal gameplay as coded by ggg skeletons aperantly spawned beyond portals, thats dumb sure and it should not work this way as it is way to profitable to do and they rightfully fixed/nerfed this mechanic.
PPl just desperately want this to be an exploit for some reason but calling this an exploit is like calling ghosbusting an exploit cause it was to profitable.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info