3.0.0 Beta Performance Improvements

"
Here's a link to an article about the average STEAM user. I'll sum it up on the specs

<snip>

So I would actually argue most steam users or POE player's don't have/meet GGG's rig in the video.

Yeah, I went over that as well... Though to correct on that article, they DO list individual GPU models. (well, to some degree: AMD Radeons are generalized by each family, but they make up like only 20% of the cards used, while the 80% using Nvidia Geforce are given enough precision)

And yeah, the most common card in usage is... The Geforce 750 Ti. (which actually runs all the latest stuff at 720p/max settings perfectly fine)

But, I DID also sort Steam's list using A hierarchy list, and found that the MEDIAN card being used was potentially much weaker: a Geforce 730. (non-Ti 750 if I only counted discrete desktop cards)

Given that PoE doesn't even support DX12, and as you rightfully pointed out the official system requirements are VERY low by comparison: a few tiers lower than even that 730; by this point, almost all users with a dedicated graphics card have something equal to or better than a 7800 GT.

But yeah, it really IS funny that their impression was "here's something to make it look crappier but FINALLY RUN SMOOTHLY if you're only in the TOP QUARTILE, instead of the top 2-3% of users."
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Time to bring back multistrike for Cyclone ;)
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Here's a link to an article about the average STEAM user. I'll sum it up on the specs

<snip>

So I would actually argue most steam users or POE player's don't have/meet GGG's rig in the video.

Yeah, I went over that as well... Though to correct on that article, they DO list individual GPU models. (well, to some degree: AMD Radeons are generalized by each family, but they make up like only 20% of the cards used, while the 80% using Nvidia Geforce are given enough precision)

And yeah, the most common card in usage is... The Geforce 750 Ti. (which actually runs all the latest stuff at 720p/max settings perfectly fine)

But, I DID also sort Steam's list using A hierarchy list, and found that the MEDIAN card being used was potentially much weaker: a Geforce 730. (non-Ti 750 if I only counted discrete desktop cards)

Given that PoE doesn't even support DX12, and as you rightfully pointed out the official system requirements are VERY low by comparison: a few tiers lower than even that 730; by this point, almost all users with a dedicated graphics card have something equal to or better than a 7800 GT.

But yeah, it really IS funny that their impression was "here's something to make it look crappier but FINALLY RUN SMOOTHLY if you're only in the TOP QUARTILE, instead of the top 2-3% of users."

You're not wrong, but the average GPU in use by Steam users and the average GPU in use by PoE players are not even remotely comparable.

This is actually a good thing, depending on your point of view: More and more games on Steam can be played with a crappy laptop or netbook, due to the following two reasons.

1. Further "democratization" of gaming and therefore prevalence of casual games, point-and-click games, hidden-object games, etc.

2. Natural technological progress. Older games are simply becoming less demanding, relative to modern standards.
Wash your hands, Exile!
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
sorry, but here are no stuttering improvements to see :(

tried it yesterday with i7 extreme and m2 ssd... still stuttering without end.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
revolutionary!
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
THIS ALSO:

Also to make the game more fun and enjoyable for more players we also nerfed 90% of skills.. now there are only 4 viable and playable skills worth playing on path of exile and none of them have particle effects or use much cpu or server resources we made these super stonk so that you dont need to invest in working out mechanics for skills that could require good items or lots of split projectiles and flashy lights to reduce load, we also decided to nerf any potential of surviving content like life and es and removed lots of survivability nodes! so you will not get far enough in game anyway to see many large mobs or boss fights because you will die before you get to that point.

in further content we also nerfed the amount of mobs on screen but buffed the power output of all monsters again to reduce progression and make you really feel you have achieved something amazing when or if you do decide to grind for our new 3.0 uniques which will be completely necessary to get past act 4 as all the old uniques are now useless because we nerfed them to the ground. we also nerfed master progression to also slow you down and we also plan on nerfing the amount of servers because we like to take all your money we made from beta key sales and have a big massive piss up party at GGG where we will hire strippers and eat lots of cake and drink lots of beer and do huge amounts of cocaine.

thanks again for supporting GGG... please note you have just 12 hours to buy a supporter pack to get a beta key or the price will increase threefold and we will also nerf life and es more to punish you for not giving us more money and buying more mtx that also magically vanishes from your account and takes us months to replace or refund.

your friendly GGG balancing team - who never play path of exile and only has ever made a charactor upto level 26 in softcore! have fun guys! remember buy moar supporter packs and MTX or we will forget about you when 4.0 beta comes. (thats if the game survives till then anyway) YOLO
Last edited by cosacee on Jul 6, 2017, 11:50:22 PM
guys tell me please , is it a new character effect or just Legacy?
"
loCurnus wrote:
sorry, but here are no stuttering improvements to see :(

tried it yesterday with i7 extreme and m2 ssd... still stuttering without end.

Performance improvements haven't been rolled out still.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1921991

It's this Thursday (CET) , Friday (NZST).
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE GGG BUT CoC is DEAD

its too late Q_Q

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info