3.0.0 Beta Performance Improvements

Im having issues even logging in after the DB thing at 5:30 >..> first wouldnt let me connect to patching server, second been either getting unable to connect or disconnected unexpected T.T it said 30 mins its been an hour.. hopefully it aint just me..

Edit: apparently maintenance? please update us with info! XD

Wipe anyone? speculation enhanced..
Last edited by kianiofo on Jun 27, 2017, 9:39:50 AM
"
S0T0 wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:
Intel i5-6500
GeForce 1050 Ti
8 GB of RAM

Yea, using the newest mainstream HW isn't a "normal PC". People don't just buy the latest HW every 3 months, that's a quite ridiculously optimistic assumption.

Are you okay all those specs are pretty normal if not actually lower then the modern pc built within the last 4 years.

I'm sorry if those parts which you could build a PC for like $400 that lasts you 3+ years is too much for you to invest in.

You wot m8 ?
1050 Ti was released a year ago
i5 6500 not even 2 years

"within the last 4 years"
math is hard
you are wrong.
All the rage over the specs seems a little off. I bought my laptop at least 2 years ago (I think it was closer to 3) and it has GeForce GTX 960M w/ 4 GB VRAM, i7-4720HQ CPU, and 16 GB DDR3 RAM in it.

Oh yeah: This was definitely not the top of the line available back then.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Jun 27, 2017, 7:41:25 PM
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
TheDesigner wrote:
Is it going to fix using Vaal Summoned Skeletons with Femurs of the Saints?

That has already been fixed. Try it out! :)

I have to confirm, this indeed have been fixed in game.
GJ, GGG.
"
dyneol wrote:
"
S0T0 wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:
Intel i5-6500
GeForce 1050 Ti
8 GB of RAM

Yea, using the newest mainstream HW isn't a "normal PC". People don't just buy the latest HW every 3 months, that's a quite ridiculously optimistic assumption.

Are you okay all those specs are pretty normal if not actually lower then the modern pc built within the last 4 years.

I'm sorry if those parts which you could build a PC for like $400 that lasts you 3+ years is too much for you to invest in.

You wot m8 ?
1050 Ti was released a year ago
i5 6500 not even 2 years

"within the last 4 years"
math is hard
you are wrong.

What math for what?

1050TI is a equivalent to the budget GTX 660TI that was 5 years ago and the budget i5-2500K also released over 5 years ago.

Both those GPU and CPU still hold up fine for most games today and only cost ~$500 total to buy back on release. Now don't waste my time and mention me again thx
"
S0T0 wrote:
1050TI is a equivalent to the budget GTX 660TI that was 5 years ago and the budget i5-2500K also released over 5 years ago.

Both those GPU and CPU still hold up fine for most games today and only cost ~$500 total to buy back on release. Now don't waste my time and mention me again thx

The 660 Ti was released in AUGUST 2012. So yeah, not "over" 5 years. Yeah, you might've wanted to be more cautious than to make statements like that.

Also, LOL at a K-series i5 being "budget," when the 2500K released with an MSRP of over $200, and often was more. Don't forget that there's more parts to a PC than the CPU and video card, like, y'know, the motherboard, ($200 if you're getting the new Intel socket since they change it almost every year) new RAM, (also on the expensive side; 8GB then would've been $100-200) along with the case, new PSU (because you don't want your parts fried) and new drives... All told you're looking at upwards of $1,000.

Given I gave an analysis EARLIER IN THIS THREAD (you can go look for it yourself) that indicates that the VAST MAJORITY of genuine PC gamers TODAY are using WORSE hardware than what GGG claimed represented their low end... It speaks for itself.

The median gamer TODAY appears to be using less than an i3, and is using a measly Geforce GT 730.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
S0T0 wrote:

The 660 Ti was released in AUGUST 2012. So yeah, not "over" 5 years. Yeah, you might've wanted to be more cautious than to make statements like that.

Also, LOL at a K-series i5 being "budget," when the 2500K released with an MSRP of over $200, and often was more. Don't forget that there's more parts to a PC than the CPU and video card, like, y'know, the motherboard, ($200 if you're getting the new Intel socket since they change it almost every year) new RAM, (also on the expensive side; 8GB then would've been $100-200) along with the case, new PSU (because you don't want your parts fried) and new drives... All told you're looking at upwards of $1,000.

Given I gave an analysis EARLIER IN THIS THREAD (you can go look for it yourself) that indicates that the VAST MAJORITY of genuine PC gamers TODAY are using WORSE hardware than what GGG claimed represented their low end... It speaks for itself.

The median gamer TODAY appears to be using less than an i3, and is using a measly Geforce GT 730.

Boohoo 2 months off and yes the I5 2500k was $180 USD on release I would know because I bought four of them when I last built my family's computer setups.

The fact you think 8GB of ram was ever $200 is a joke seeing as its been widely known by anyone whos ever built PCs that 2012 was the year ram was ridiculously cheap and has only gone up since. (It was 16gb for ~$80 btw)

Also no you're not looking at $1,000 raw prices for parts because off the top of my head;

I5 2500K - $180
Z77 - $80 ($50 off because your obviously buying it with the i5 2500k cpu)
GTX 660TI - $275
Evo 212 - $25
PSU - $60

If you're not doing a system upgrade throw in;
Case fans*2 - $15
Case - $50
500gb hdd - $50

So your total is $735 and it could be even less if you chose to not sell the free games you got from the Nvidia promotion of the gpu. (So you could take off another $80 on top of that)

Hell you could build the exact same setup today for less then $400 if you know how to buy used components. ($40 for 660ti - $200 for i5 2500k, mobo, 8gb ram - $25 for case, etc)

Also I could care less and probably holds true for GGG for people that refuse to even invest ~$150 a year into their machines. (or like $20 a month)

You could probably right now build a ridiculously powered build that's going to last the next 6+ years for under $1000 once miners stop buying all the GPUs.
Last edited by S0T0 on Jun 29, 2017, 12:35:17 AM
Will it be possible to toggle off the Dynamic Resolution functionality?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
S0T0 wrote:
Boohoo 2 months off

Well, you DID specify "over;" not "about" or even if you just said "5 years ago." You were VERY specific, so yeah, you kinda brought that upon yourself, especially with as hostile as you're being: you have only yourself to blame.

"
S0T0 wrote:
and yes the I5 2500k was $180 USD on release

Then you got them for a steal, as NewEgg had 'em at $219 per. However, the price you specified was QUITE correct for the NON-K version.

"
S0T0 wrote:
I would know because I bought four of them

And here you FIRMLY establish that no, you are NOT in the "normal group," as you're in the more elite minority splashing out thousands on PC hardware on a regular basis.

"
S0T0 wrote:
I5 2500K - $180
Z77 - $80 ($50 off because your obviously buying it with the i5 2500k cpu)
GTX 660TI - $275
Evo 212 - $25
PSU - $60

If you're not doing a system upgrade throw in;
Case fans*2 - $15
Case - $50
500gb hdd - $50

Those are ALL low compared to what'd be expected. Especially that HDD; if you actually knew what you were talking about, you'd know that late 2011, WD lost a HUGE chunk of their manufacturing capability in the Thailand floods (the country accounting for 1/4 of the world's manufacturing of HDDs) which meant prices SPIKED; in that time frame a 500 GB hard drive would cost DOUBLE, or about $100. (I'd know because I ALSO have records) It'd take until late 2013/2014 for prices to finally return to pre-flooding levels akin to what you suggested.

"
S0T0 wrote:
So your total is $735 and it could be even less if you chose to not sell the free games you got from the Nvidia promotion of the gpu. (So you could take off another $80 on top of that)

What the hell game costs $80, let alone secondhand? And the major one being packed in with Nvidia cards right now is ROCKET LEAGUE, which is $19.99 off of sale (and the Steam Summer Sale has it at $11.99!) So yeah, good luck making a "big discount" for yourself on THAT. Not to mention if you bought a card that well below MSRP it's likely an SKU that doesn't pack in anything... So yeah, that's horrifically rosy to assume you can always take a huge chunk off by spending time to try and find someone else to fence a game code to, especially in an era where Steam Sales and third-party sites exist.

"
S0T0 wrote:
Hell you could build the exact same setup today for less then $400 if you know how to buy used components. ($40 for 660ti - $200 for i5 2500k, mobo, 8gb ram - $25 for case, etc)

Yes, you COULD, but who the hell expects others to all be able to find good deals on TRUSTABLE used parts? I mean, sure, I bought a GTX 750 Ti back within a few months of their release for $80, but that doesn't mean it's that cheap for everyone; I was both shrewd AND lucky.

"
S0T0 wrote:
Also I could care less and probably holds true for GGG for people that refuse to even invest ~$150 a year into their machines. (or like $20 a month)

Well, the truth's there; I established that once you exclude a lot of older/integrated graphics, and rank gamer video cards from strongest to weakest, the MEDIAN video card is either a GT 730 or a GT 750. (not Ti) Similarly:

• About equal numbers of people have dual-cores and quad-cores. If one considers AMD's Bulldozer architecture to only consider each (fixed and inseparable) pair of "cores" as only one, then that number does shift.
  • The majority of Intel users have a clock speed UNDER 3.0 GHz; the median appears to be around 2.8-2.9 GHz. For the minority that use AMD, the median appears closer to 3.2 GHz, a far cry from the higher-end AMD FX CPUs pushing 4.0+ GHz. (and still weaker than a supposedly "common" i5 K)
  • At least 8 GB *is* the most common amount of RAM, in spite of its present affordability. Over 3/4 of gamers have 8GB or less, though over 40% have LESS than 8 GB.
  • Mind you, all of the above *IS* a situation where nearly half of all users have their display at 1920x1080, indicating they're not simply rickety ancient machines, and a solid majority are at that resolution or higher.

On top of that, there's one major wrench into your considerations: a LOT of people are playing on LAPTOPS, and you most certainly CANNOT get those level of specs even TODAY for under $1,000; the full normal price for a new laptop with any comparable or better video card is over $1,200.

Lastly, of course, DO remember that Path of Exile is a Free-to-play game. It's not a standard $60 AAA standalone title; it's SUPPOSED to be accessible to different levels of monetary investment.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
"
Unlike when we usually record video, we recorded this on a normal computer in order to demonstrate the difference that a regular user might be able to expect. Here are the specs:

Intel i5-6500
GeForce 1050 Ti
8 GB of RAM

That's a regular user? Ah well, at least I have the 8gb ram covered. Hopefully I can still reap some of the benefits of ya'lls hard work :)

LMAO for reals. Guess I'm a dinosaur compared to the regular user.

"Minimum System Requirements

Processor: x86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor.
Memory: 2 GB RAM.
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon X1950 Pro or better.
DirectX: Version 9.0c.
Network: Broadband Internet connection.
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space."

This is what is listed as the minimum requirement and yet look at GGG's rig

2gb > 8gb ram
geforce 7800 GT > geforce 1050 TI
any potato that can run vista and up > intel i5 6500

Only thing I have covered is the 8gb ram too...lol time to upgrade I guess even with the new update.

"
S0T0 wrote:

Some people are just so privileged.. lol at upgrading every year. No reason to get the latest upgrade whatsoever. The reason why you buy the latest thing is so you're guaranteed for the next few years. Only time I buy the latest is on first build or upgrade 5-10 years later when it is needed. Ain't nobody got the time or money to upgrade every year.

http://www.mweb.co.za/games/view/tabid/4210/Article/23931/What-the-latest-Steam-statistics-reveal-about-PC-gaming.aspx

Here's a link to an article about the average STEAM user. I'll sum it up on the specs

RAM - 31.96% of Steam users has 8 GB RAM. Almost 30% has between 4 GB and 8 GB of RAM. Only 15.83% of Steam users have more than 12 GB of RAM.

CPU Speed - 21.47% of Steam users has a 2.3 Ghz to 2.69 Ghz CPU, while almost 28% have a CPU between 3.0 Ghz and 3.69 Ghz. Only 2.47% of users have a CPU with a clock speed of 3.7 Ghz and above.

GPU – Although specific GPU’s used aren’t listed, Video RAM (VRAM) is a good indication of how high of a resolution a PC can run. Further, most recently released gaming GPUs have a minimum of 2 GB of VRAM. According to the hardware statistics, 33.43% of Steam users has a GPU with only 1 GB of VRAM and 23.12% has a 2 GB VRAM GPU. At the top end of the spectrum, roughly 10% of Steam users have more than 2GB of VRAM.

So I would actually argue most steam users or POE player's don't have/meet GGG's rig in the video.
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Jun 29, 2017, 4:59:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info