New Support Gems Coming to The Fall of Oriath Beta

this should absolutely be insane for viper strike builds, which is for sure reigning king for poison based skills since it has super high base atk dmg, phys conversion to chaos, longer duration, and an amazing threshold jewel.

i am 100% making a viper strike build in the beta now. but im still really curious how this will change when they change the DoT things so it isn't really related to hit damage. thats still happening right??

i know in the development manifesto you just doubled the poison dmg to 16% chaos and phys dmg, but when 3.0 hits live it won't work the same way right?
No love for cold or lightning ?
Efficacy seems okay. Decay seems EASILY abused. Other than that, these look really bad honestly. There are just too many straight up strong support gems in existence, few skills were wanting for things to be linked to.

But at the end of the day, these just look clunky and overdesigned. Up until now the supports have universally been very simple because they were 1/5 potential modifiers to a skill to adjust it in a specific way. These just seem so awkward that it severely narrows their usefulness; because the balance requires them to be weak unless youre abusing every aspect, which will require very niche builds to do.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean, by using the Brutality support gem we'll render stuff like Hatred and Herald of Ash basically useless?

That'd be a huge disadvantage and also a very big bummer.

There are already the Bloodlust and Melee Physical Damage on Full Life gems that don't make an easy setup, while spell casters are never that hard pressed to find alternatives.

I could go on about the handling of Multistrike on Cyclone - why not just drop the damn second "attack" - instead of just disabling the support gem for it?
Last edited by __REAPER__ on Jun 15, 2017, 3:06:34 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Looks like power creep but we don't really have room to fit on more supports so the increase in damage for builds won't be as much as it first looks.

eg. What support gem would I replace on my pure physical Kinetic Blast setup below? Perhaps Increased Critical Damage for Brutality which shouldn't be too much of a jump. The rest of the supports are necessary for crit, pierce and clearing.

Same story with my CWC Essence Drain setup. Efficacy and Decay would be great but I have no room for them on my 6L below. I could separate out Contagion but that would make me have to click and aim with two different setups which makes gameplay clunky.

On top of this, Essence Drain might be nerfed now because you can link it to 4 "more damage" supports as well as Decay in a 6L. So CWC builds like mine would be worse off because I don't make use of all the supports.

i think we have to wait untill some juicy unique that let us to use some 7l interesting setup
I tried around with the numbers on those new supports based on my Berserker BV chaos/poisoner.

Probably I did something wrong, but still it looks like a nerf of allaround 40% total damageoutput to me. Still feels damn bad.
well, iam usually writing nothing to news, but those attributes 'more' and 'increased' are totally confusing; i only got what's the difference by reading comments - hope this will be more clear for players with the launch - atm totally confusing/new players wont understand.
I suppose the Malm gem is for zombies?
Starforge OpieOP
GG - GGG :) Hype again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info