New Support Gems Coming to The Fall of Oriath Beta

Also what is with the ignite proliferate gem? Why not just take away the lame "less damage" modifier on normal proliferate? If someone is investing their gem slots to do mixed elemental damage and have less of a chance or even effect of proliferating combined ailments then that should be fine. Besides theres a lot of ways to proliferate that stuff now anyway.
"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
CranialEnigma wrote:
Dang I was really hoping that they would let us test out the chance to bleed with flat phys on attacks rather then just weapons. I wanted to see how well a facebreaker bleed build was going to be. Still going to see how well it does with maim, but I am kinda disappointed that we don't get to test it with facebreaker.

u can test it in PoB atm, the dmg increase is insane :D ~400k lulz

Is that with warchief totem or with another skill? Since I wanted to see how viable it is without having to rely on warchief for bosses or other big enemies. If that is with other skills I will be sad, really wanted to make a true one punch build lol
So much hype !
I'm really excited about the bleeding effect, i don't know why but with 3.0 it seems to be really cool :D
Sincerely, Jimmy.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
French Casual Player (Standard & Leagues)
Also a Web Designer and Web Developper but you don't give a F ^^"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Guys, I've been trying my hardest in Path of Building to make use of these new poison gems.

Poison is dead. These 5 new poison gems don't do anything to solve it. I have yet to succeed in making the "Perfect Agony" keystone actually add damage... Even with maximum investment in Poison nodes as an Assassin.

The only gem that I think might be beneficial is Vile Toxins, since it adds HIT damage per poison - now that everyone's poison damage will be a laughable tickle, the more damage from Vile Toxins would actually get you some additional DPS from poison.

And think about this people: On any non-starforge crit build, Added Lightning Damage or Physical to Lightning will always be better than Brutality. Applying Shock is +50% more damage, and you can add lightning damage without even using a gem link(using heralds, vinktars, items) . In almost every situation you're better off just applying Shock in some way, and using a different support gem ( increased critical damage, conc. effect, controlled destruction, etc) instead of Brutality.

honestly, please try to make it work - in Beta or in Path of Building. I'd love to be proven wrong. From what I can tell, Poison is dead, and thus the majority of these gems are useless, which is honestly really sad.
Last edited by luckyshin on Jun 14, 2017, 7:47:22 PM
How does the increased ailment effect work? Does it affect shock duration or add 10% increased damage taken? Does it mean ignites gain 20% of 80% damage? So in a hybrid Lightning/Fire build this would add 10% more damage with shock and 20% more damage with ingite?
"
luckyshin wrote:
Guys, I've been trying my hardest in Path of Building to make use of these new gems.

Poison is dead. These 5 new poison gems don't do anything to solve it. I have yet to succeed in making the "Perfect Agony" keystone actually add damage... Even with maximum investment in Poison nodes as an Assassin.

The only gem that I think might be beneficial is Vile Toxins, since it adds HIT damage per poison - now that everyone's poison damage will be a laughable tickle, the more damage from Vile Toxins would actually get you some additional DPS from poison.

And think about this people: On any non-starforge crit build, Added Lightning Damage or Physical to Lightning will always be better than Brutality. Applying Shock is +50% more damage, and you can add lightning damage without even using a gem link(using heralds, vinktars, items) . In almost every situation you're better off just applying Shock in some way, and using a different support gem ( increased critical damage, conc. effect, controlled destruction, etc) instead of Brutality.

honestly, please try to make it work - in Beta or in Path of Building. I'd love to be proven wrong. From what I can tell, Poison is dead, and thus the majority of these gems are useless, which is honestly really sad.

are you 100% sure shock is 50% more? i knew it was 50% increased
"
Dedisdead wrote:
While reading the debate concerning GGG's fire and chaos "overfocus", I would like to ask if it's not a way to compensate the suppression of double dipping and keep fire and chaos just as good as before DD nerf ? So they look over buffed wherease they are just balanced ?

I agree that lightning and cold don't get the same attention as fire and chaos, but the Deadly ailement support gem would buff damages to shock and freeze too, so cold and lightning skills in the end right ? And in fact, the ignite (fire) buff due to this support gem is already contained in the will of balancing fire post DD nerf ?

That would make sense if they (fire, especially!) had received increased attention only recently, but no. PoE has paid more attention to - and arguably played favorites with - fire for a long time (pretty much since the game launched). It's easily the single most supported damage type in the game in terms of passives, uniques, support gems, amount of patch adjustments...basically everything. That doesn't mean fire is the most powerful (though at multiple times it has been), but it does mean it has the most options i.e. build types to play with.

Cold and lightning aren't completely forgotten, of course, but that's like saying the game does use other colors when we all know Chris has a hard-on only for purple. :p
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 14, 2017, 7:29:10 PM
"
SGOR wrote:
"
luckyshin wrote:
Guys, I've been trying my hardest in Path of Building to make use of these new gems.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

Shock makes mobs 'Take' 50% increased damage, however, any modifier that increases the damage mobs 'take' (as opposed to the damage you deal) is effectively a 'more' multiplier as it increases the damage they receive AFTER that damage has already been affected by all the damage increases you've got on your build. So yes, Shock is effectively 50% 'more'.

It works like this - Base damage x all dmg increases added together x more multiplier x more multipler x more multipler...etc. = Final Damage Dealt

Then, that Final Damage Dealt reaches the mobs and is affected by any weaknesses i.e. 'damage taken' modifiers on them. So, Final Damage Dealt x Monster Damage Taken modifier = Damage Received by monster. See how all your previous increases had already been factored in before the Shock effect played in - exactly like how the previous 'more' multipliers played in after earlier.
"
SGOR wrote:

any increased modifier on the enemy such as intimidate, curses, shock, are all effectively more multipliers because they take place after all of your hit's damage calculations.

for example Intimidate "causes the affected target to take 10% increased damage" = 10% more damage effectively. Your hit damage is calculated before the enemy's modifiers take place. So, because Shock etc. increase your final hit damage and not your base damage, they are effectively more multipliers.
Last edited by luckyshin on Jun 14, 2017, 7:46:30 PM
interesting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info