New Support Gems Coming to The Fall of Oriath Beta

So, I was doing some path of building stuff, and this was my finding:

On a 6L: Essence drain, efficacy, decay, rapid decay, void manipulation, empower 4

With this lineup, I have average hit: 6.6k, DOT DPS: 60k, Decay DPS: 42k.

Either decay support gem is taking buffs from chaos damage around other support gems and tree, or path of building is incorrect, because its really hard to imagine a support gem that deals almost the same damage (if you take empower 4 away) than an active gem.

Can someone clarify me this?
Hm interesting xD
Hype!!!!

Looking forward to test driving the new gems, mostly Brutality and Maim with my Marauder Cylconer, Beserker!

Ready for the full 3.0 release!

Beta has been the bait....I'm hooked!
so..can I use my MTX in the beta now or not yet fam?
I've just read the gems description, and... meh...

Am I the only one to find these gems not so good ?

It's just "more this" or "less that"... where "this" and "that" are all existing game mechanics...

No real new mechanics, no real skills overhaul, no real game changer...

I'd really like to see *NEW* support gems, the kind that drastically transform the skills.
Here are a few examples from the top of my head :

- Auto-aim arrow (remember Magic Arrow from Diablo 2 ?) : arrows automatically target the nearest foe

- Bouncing projectiles : projectiles bounce against obstacles (walls, etc...), a bit like spark but not randomly : would allow a COMPLETELY new gamestyle by taking advantage or terrain to reach foes while keeping cover. Would open new tactics for PvM *and* PvP

- Self-confidence : player gains (1% increased character size) and/or (1% increased area of effect) and/or (1% attack/cast speed) and/or (1% movement speed) and/or (1% more damage) per enemy killed recently
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
I've just read the gems description, and... meh...

Am I the only one to find these gems not so good ?

It's just "more this" or "less that"... where "this" and "that" are all existing game mechanics...

No real new mechanics, no real skills overhaul, no real game changer...

I'd really like to see *NEW* support gems, the kind that drastically transform the skills.
Here are a few examples from the top of my head :

- Auto-aim arrow (remember Magic Arrow from Diablo 2 ?) : arrows automatically target the nearest foe

- Bouncing projectiles : projectiles bounce against obstacles (walls, etc...), a bit like spark but not randomly : would allow a COMPLETELY new gamestyle by taking advantage or terrain to reach foes while keeping cover. Would open new tactics for PvM *and* PvP

- Self-confidence : player gains (1% increased character size) and/or (1% increased area of effect) and/or (1% attack/cast speed) and/or (1% movement speed) and/or (1% more damage) per enemy killed recently

Autoaim: help more bots to farm faster

Projectiles bounce: that has no logic, i can kill bosses from the other room and they have to follow me

Selfconfidence? its like more imba than HH, 1% more damage per enemy? when you have 100 creeps in a map? what like 100% more damage? lul
"
DinoUY wrote:

Projectiles bounce: that has no logic, i can kill bosses from the other room and they have to follow me

Selfconfidence? its like more imba than HH, 1% more damage per enemy? when you have 100 creeps in a map? what like 100% more damage? lul

You may be right, but I'm sorry to say you completely miss the point of my post. These are just rough examples. Of course selfconfidence would have a ceiling, but then again it's not the point. You can create the examples that suit you if you want, as long as these would be real skill changers.

What's more, IMHO one should never design a game regarding what a bot can't or can't do.

Please note that I'm not complaining about the "more"/"less" modifiers, we need them, but I'd like to see new skill changers (that can be combined with more/less modifiers) just like we've had LMP, GMP, chain, cast on xxx, etc... in the past.
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Jun 14, 2017, 3:54:49 PM
I don't understand all the people complaining about the 'more' mods. If they were not 'more' mods, they would never be used.

We have around 113-120 passives points, and 10 or so equiped items * 6 affexes per item, so we are looking at around 200 passives/mods that are almost entirely increase/decrease modifiers.

By contrast we have at most 5 support links and 4 keystone ascendancies. They NEED to be more mods to be significant. If they were increase/decrease, they get lost as 'noise' to the giant pool of mods we get from the passive tree and equiped items (this is a big part of why the scion sucks because most of her ascendancies are increase/decrease mods).
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Jun 14, 2017, 3:49:19 PM
When are you adding the non DoT related band-aid gems?
"
DinoUY wrote:

items bounded to account, because why not?
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info