Spelling mistakes and typos

Fixing a bunch of these. Thanks everyone!
Code warrior
Hey! i've found a typo on the steam achievements section on pt-BR language.

"Equipe cada tiop de Arma Maraketh"

Where it should be "tipo"

Thanks guys!
Challenge Complete Encounters VI

"Crack open Essence Monoliths"

What. Is that break out essence monsters or open legion monoliths?
Trade Site -> Stat modifier

It is: "Rerolling Favours at Ritual Areas costs #% more Tribute"

Should be: "Rerolling Favours at Ritual Areas costs #% less Tribute"
When you mind the map area in act 7 The Chamber of Sins and talk to Silk about "Silk's Journey," he ends the dialogue with this:

"
I am carried on legs and webs and shadows, that is all you can know for now.

This is a comma splice, i.e. two complete sentences incorrectly separated by a comma instead of either a period or a semicolon.

I noticed another comma splice when you talk to Yeena about Wraeclast:

"
Once, I knew my place in this world, I knew my place within the Spirit.

Again, either a period or a semicolon would work here, but a comma is incorrect.

I've noticed a number of other places where there's an ellipsis not followed by a space besides the one I pointed out in my last post. You could presumably find all of these by doing a regex search, unless it's some kind of graphical glitch (although there are plenty of places where the space is there as well).

When you talk to Sin after killing Doedre, he says:

"
Once more into the breach

This change may be intentional, but in case it's not, the original and oft-quoted line from Shakespeare's Henry V is "Once more unto the breach." I never see people quote this as "into" except by mistake. This paragraph also has an ellipsis missing the following space at the end.

When you turn in the quest "Essence if the Hag" in act 8 to Maramoa, she says:

"
An exile who, in his insanity, has taken to calling himself, 'The Dawn'.

The comma after "himself" and before "'The Dawn'" shouldn't be there.

In The Desecrated Chambers, the Cultist Tracts says:

"
And our father, the great Kitava will split asunder the rocks of the earth

This should have a comma between the two bolded words. This sort of construction, of the form "[noun], [elaboration],", is called an appositive phrase and there always need to be commas around the elaboration. Here's a link that explains appositive phrases: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/appositive/

Similarly, when you arrive in Oriath and talk to Lani, she says:

"
You, a mortal have crossed the threshold between god and man

There should be a comma between the two bolded words above.

Also in Oriath, when you first talk to Weylam Roth, he says:

"
Aye, don't think there's a man, woman or child that won't be praising your name

Here you should use "who" instead of "that." Men, women, and children are not objects, they are people. As this is dialogue there's obviously leeway for colloquialisms, so this is probably fine, but it's a mistake I've seen crop up a number of times so far. Another example is when you talk to Officer Kirac in the same area, and he says:

"
I have a problem, and you may be the only one that can help.

At some point when you talk to Hargan (sorry, I don't remember exactly when this was), he says:

"
Tell me something, any change you might be willing to join forces and turn a healthy profit with old Hargan?

This is also a comma splice. The comma between "something" and "any" should be either a period or a colon (note: a semicolon would not work well here).

Sorry to spam with minor corrections. There were a bunch more things I noticed as well but didn't note down, but they're all small, usually more instances of the sorts of errors listed above. I just didn't want this to end up even longer than it already is.
Last edited by Muskratio on Apr 24, 2021, 3:39:36 PM
I found some mistakes on PT-BR

"Todos os monstros ganham ataque"

"Ganhe 1 Carga ao ser acertado"

"Missão completa."

"O Mestre das provações: Você está ganhando,"
Hi guys
I found a little detail in the description of the aura Determination.

It says: "Casts an aura that grants armor to you and your allies". (32-51)%

But this aura increases your armor by X%, it does not give you a fixed number of armor (X-Y), so it does not grants, it increases.

For example, in my case my armor is 0, activating it does not affect me at all, it does not grant me armor because it actually trying to increase it from 0 by a % factor.

My point comes with this second example:
Discipline says "Casts an aura that grants additional energy shield ..."
In this case yes, it grants because it gives a fixed number of energy shield (60-217).
or
Grace: "Casts an aura that grants evasion to..."
This also gives a fixed number (227-2575), it does not increase by a X%.

So comparing these gems descriptions it would not be better to change the "grants" from determination to "increased"? since it does not give more armor, it increases what you already have by a % factor.

I don't know if I have a good point, my reasoning may be wrong but since POE is so specific with his words (and I appreciate that) this change may be a better description of what Determination really does.
Silo Map boss is based on Vilenta, but why the status icon still called "Vilenta's Beam". The storyline version deals phys DOT not Fire DOT

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3077997

"

It wrote "Vilenta's Beam" but the boss is not known as Vilenta

This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Platinum watchstone modifier, 'Meticulous' prefix

"Areas with Rituals Altars always have 4 Rituals Altars"

Should be
"Areas with Ritual Altars always have 4 Ritual Altars"

text a little off

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info