[LOOTFILTER] FilterBlade - editor, with lootgeneration & more - optimized for NeverSink's filter

Hi neversink. Did you change the way scarab settings is? I get error now when loading filter, and i cant make custom scarabs settings. Like take all the shitty ones and make it small font, and add new category for the ones i want to use. And now rusted Sulphite scarab is counted as tier 3, and tier 2 and 1 is gilded.

EDIT:
Found a way but don't know if this will change in future.

[Endgame - General (lvl 65+)] -----> [Maps, Fragments, etc.]-----> [Map Fragments and Misc-Map Items]. Then add rule. It was much easier before, what happened?

Love your filters anyway mate!!
Last edited by Taurini on Aug 13, 2019, 1:09:05 PM
There seems to an issue. I have hidden all Fated uniques. However there are still some fated-only uniques that show up, like Sledgehammer, because for some reason they are in Tier 2 as well?! Sledgehammer has only 1 unique: Hrimnor's Hymn (and its fated version Hrimnor's Dirge). Hymn is a 1c item and should not be in T2. I think I've noticed others but this one I know for sure is plain wrong.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
There seems to an issue. I have hidden all Fated uniques. However there are still some fated-only uniques that show up, like Sledgehammer, because for some reason they are in Tier 2 as well?! Sledgehammer has only 1 unique: Hrimnor's Hymn (and its fated version Hrimnor's Dirge). Hymn is a 1c item and should not be in T2. I think I've noticed others but this one I know for sure is plain wrong.

Update to the latest version.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
NeverSink wrote:
"
unsane wrote:

Update to the latest version.

I'm confused, isn't 1.0.0 the latest version?
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
IIPheXII wrote:
I've got a few questions regarding the customize feature which is overall very helpful but unclear (imo) in certain aspects:

1. "Endgame - Rare Items (lvl 65+)" - "Add custom Show/Hide rules" in "Corrupted and Identified Rares" since you can only disable/show what does "Affects all previous sections + T1 rares" exactly do?

I'm interpretating it as that it will show the corrupted rares that are enabled to show in previous sections of the filter and that it will also show corrupted t1 rares. But you can also filter them by item type so this will mean i'm picking item types whithin t1 rares?

However there are these "Only affects t3 and lower items" and "affects all sections + random non-handpicked rings and amulets" settings which confuse me. For the first one i don't get why is there an option to only show low tiers that doesn't have T2 and T1 included as typically when u hide/show by tier it goes all rares, t3 and higher, t2 and higher, only t1 etc. So i don't get why is there and option for excluding the good stuff and only showing the low items (am i missing something here?). For the random non-handpicked rings and amulets i just have no idea what it refers to.

2. T1 rares. Since there are a lot of categories on the t1 and t2 rares i'm wondering how does hiding certain rares affect globally other settings which are based on "t1 rares". In relation with the first question if for example i have the corrupted section showing only t1 corrupted rares, does it mean it's only gonna show the t1 corrupted rares that i have marked as "show" under the "T1 and T2: Handpicked Bases" or the default ones in those groups like for example the entire group "small armours" even if this one is disabled? What if i remove and item from the group smaller weapons as i don't want that shown as a rare but i want to take a look at it if it drops corrupted?

3. After asking for advice in-game i was recommended to simply "hide all rares, excluding jewellery" (i guess this feature doesn't affect special atlas bases) using "Hide rares by Tier" and simply use the "Add Additional Show/Hide Rules" to be picky for the few rare items that i want to show. However since i have all rares hidden i wonder how (once again) that would interact with the corrupted special treatment.
Also since i will only be using the additional rules for just showing there won't be any risk of hiding valuable stuff by accident right?

I've read the FAQ and have done a bit of research but finding very specific information about your filter is kinda hard so sorry if something like this has been asked before.

1. These rule-strictness selections are simply based on the way a filter works. All rules in the filter are ordered and every item goes through all rules from top to bottom until it finds a rule that fits and then stops.

The strictness that you can select here is simply where this new rule is inserted into the filter. If you put it at the very top, it has a high "priority" and will overwrite a lot of other rules. If you put it at the bottom, the item first checks the other rules and only if none of them fit for the item, the rule at the bottom is used.

And since rares and most other tierlists are sorted: good at the top, bad at the bottom, you can only overwrite them this way. If you want a rule to only overwrite tier 1 rules and NOT tier 2 rules, you would need to put the rule below tier 1 and above tier 2, which doesnt work because tier 1 is always above tier 2 in the filter.

If you'd want to create such a rule that only shows tier 1 corrupted items, you would need to create a new rule at the top and then manually insert all of the tier 1 items. Thats sadly just how filters work and we cant really do much about that.

2. This should be clearer now too when you understoof how filters work. Those new custom rules do not affect other existing rules. It just plays with the priorities/order of the new rule. And since every item can only be caught by / fit to / affected by EXACTLY ONE (or theoretically no) rule in the filter, the only thing that matters is its priority and requirements (e.g. which BaseTypes, sizes, etc it accepts)

3. Generally, FilterBlade is built to be as fool-proof as possible, so you wont be able to accidentally hide atlas bases or 6 links when editing rares. And here again: It simply depends on the priority of your rules. If you do put the "Hide ALL rares" rule at the VERY top, no other rares will show and no item will even get to your corrupted item rule, because its further below. You can always right click the items in the editors and view the priority of their rule. You can then search for other rules and see which one has the higher priority.

I hope this helps you out, let me know if you still have any questions. We should probably put basic filter explanations like this into the FAQ.
- Tobnac, FilterBlade developer
Hey, great tool, thanks for your work.

I have finally decided to try to transition to Neversink's filter and replace my own filter with it. I do however want to keep the looks of my filter, so I spend some time to customize the style to match my own tastes. So far so good, everything worked fine except the generation of the different filters for strictness. I must have overridden some hints to filterblade regarding the strictness, because even on the most strict filter I still see stuff like low-value vendor recipies and low-tier rares in high zones.

So my question, how is it determined by filterblade what rules to hide/disable based on strictness? Is this somehow overridden when manually changing the hide/disable state of a rule?

Sadly, I only tested this after doing all my changes (2000+) so I am not sure what actual changes resulted in this behaviour. I also was not able to re-create a simple example. Just changing the style (colors, sound, etc.) does seem to work perfectly fine.

PS: as of posting this, saving/loading to the PoE site is not working. I only get "Loading PoE profile saveStates, please wait...". I have seen some SQL error messages earlier today.
"
Tobnac wrote:

I hope this helps you out, let me know if you still have any questions. We should probably put basic filter explanations like this into the FAQ.

Everything makes sense now, thank you for the reply.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
ouuff, love this but I been customizing a filter for an hour (almost anyway). when finished went to save and this new thing pops up telling me to log in via "pathofexile.com". That's fine probably even great.. but my filter got lost when foing this, please warn others for the future :(
"
DrNoControl wrote:
ouuff, love this but I been customizing a filter for an hour (almost anyway). when finished went to save and this new thing pops up telling me to log in via "pathofexile.com". That's fine probably even great.. but my filter got lost when foing this, please warn others for the future :(

Your filter is always auto-saved. When you finished the login or got back to the site in another way, you will see a blue box on the start page asking you to load that autoSave.
"
Nolanlaurens wrote:
Hey, great tool, thanks for your work.

I have finally decided to try to transition to Neversink's filter and replace my own filter with it. I do however want to keep the looks of my filter, so I spend some time to customize the style to match my own tastes. So far so good, everything worked fine except the generation of the different filters for strictness. I must have overridden some hints to filterblade regarding the strictness, because even on the most strict filter I still see stuff like low-value vendor recipies and low-tier rares in high zones.

So my question, how is it determined by filterblade what rules to hide/disable based on strictness? Is this somehow overridden when manually changing the hide/disable state of a rule?

Sadly, I only tested this after doing all my changes (2000+) so I am not sure what actual changes resulted in this behaviour. I also was not able to re-create a simple example. Just changing the style (colors, sound, etc.) does seem to work perfectly fine.

PS: as of posting this, saving/loading to the PoE site is not working. I only get "Loading PoE profile saveStates, please wait...". I have seen some SQL error messages earlier today.

As of right now, FilterBlade doesnt "know" about the strictness differences. When changing the strictness, we simple change the base filter file and apply all of your previously active changes onto this new filter.

If you send me your filter and one exact example of something going wrong, I'll try to help you out.

Can you provide any more info about the PoE SaveState/Login errors? Anything special you're doing to cause these bugs? Anything else going wrong with the login beforehand? Any concrete error messages?
We're pretty new to this system and have been working most bugs in the past days, but some people are still having trouble and I can't tell why. I feel like most of the remaining issues if our or GGGs server having some hiccups of sorts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info