The Fall of Oriath: More Information about the Beta

I want few days "off" from work for this
"
Will there be Patch Notes for the Beta?

This is a really popular question, and is probably the most disappointing answer for many people. No, the 3.0.0 patch notes are not ready for the start of the Beta. Content preparation comes first, so we'll be assembling the patch notes during the Beta, in time for its release.

This is a poor decision. How are we supposed to know what to test if we don't know what's new?
"
Nicksiren wrote:
"

This is a really popular question, and is probably the most disappointing answer for many people. No, the 3.0.0 patch notes are not ready for the start of the Beta. Content preparation comes first, so we'll be assembling the patch notes during the Beta, in time for its release.

This is a poor decision. How are we supposed to know what to test if we don't know what's new?

Oh that's easy: Test Everything.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Yes, including at the end of the Beta. Note that these wipes only affect the Beta realm and its characters. We'll try to give a heads up regarding when we plan to wipe the Beta realm and what kind of feedback we're looking for after that particular wipe. For example, when we unlock Act Eight, we may wipe the Beta realm so that people's progression through that Act isn't distorted by previous play.

This mean that every items we get in beta ... theyre gona be wiped?
"
BackForMore wrote:
"
Yes, including at the end of the Beta. Note that these wipes only affect the Beta realm and its characters. We'll try to give a heads up regarding when we plan to wipe the Beta realm and what kind of feedback we're looking for after that particular wipe. For example, when we unlock Act Eight, we may wipe the Beta realm so that people's progression through that Act isn't distorted by previous play.

This mean that every items we get in beta ... theyre gona be wiped?

Yes. Nothing in the Beta realm will see the live realm.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Nicksiren wrote:
"

The issue with the software expansions is that they override/change/redo/refresh/remake/expand/deprecate/remove some things from the original content.

I doubt that You would be willing to read and remember about 10 000 to 50 000 even 100 000 PAGES of description of the changes.
You doubt that is this big.. well.. let me give you an example :

The programmer change HAND_COLLIDER_RADIUS from 0.2 to 0.22.
For You this change will have to be described like this : The left hand collider have increased size, now there is possibility to stuck in some regions ( enumerating about 2000 places ), and have incompatiblity with the follow weapons ( enumerate 100 weapons ), and have an issue with some armor ( enumerate 200 armors ), also when the character size increase from 1.0 to 1.2 with the modification of some of the items - it is possible to stuck or not working with these items ( enumerate about 2000 items ). When move there is possible to have bad animation in the specific weapon and skills animations ( enumerate 500 movings and animations )...

Well.. I believe You got the idea of a minor change what a big description actually require.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Jun 8, 2017, 4:17:00 AM
"
Nicksiren wrote:

The work literally hasn't been done yet.

It can take a lot of time to comb through commits looking for changes, the devs & community managers talking about which changes to mention and which might be overly technical and not really worth it, and in the worst cases maybe even chasing people down and saying "hey, remember when you pushed your "small tweaks" commit? what did you actually do?".

You make it sound like it's something they just decided on for the lols, but it's more work and if it was done first then the beta wouldn't have been ready yet.

Acts 5, 6 & 7 are in the beta; you can reach and play through those, post any bugs or feedback you have, and when the patch notes are ready, people can begin more targetted testing.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
In keeping with the general commotion
AYYYYYEEE
Last edited by feorh1919 on Jun 11, 2017, 12:56:30 AM
are there gonna be beta wipes? if so when
Any info yet on Xbox beta , initial beta info states that Xbox beta would run alongside pc beta , eager to hear more

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info