Development Manifesto: Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

Well, that's tremendously disappointing, considering nothing is mentioned about fixing the very real problems with Breach, technical and otherwise. Breach should have never existed in that state in the first place.
At the very least they'll be pretty rare now, which makes me happy because Breach can screw itself with a rusty cactus for all I care.

The direct changes to Hand of Wisdom and Action seem not significant enough. Hopefully, together with the reduced rate at which Breaches are encountered, and the changes to ES, it will be enough though, because the amount of people you'd encounter using Hands of Wisdom and Action the past six months was very, very silly.

Legacy not getting implemented as a core feature is completely expected, so not much to say there as far as I'm concerned. The decision on Breach, however, boggles the mind.
"
Velari wrote:
Well, that's tremendously disappointing, considering nothing is mentioned about fixing the very real problems with Breach, technical and otherwise. Breach should have never existed in that state in the first place.
At the very least they'll be pretty rare now, which makes me happy because Breach can screw itself with a rusty cactus for all I care.

The direct changes to Hand of Wisdom and Action seem not significant enough. Hopefully, together with the reduced rate at which Breaches are encountered, and the changes to ES, it will be enough though, because the amount of people you'd encounter using Hands of Wisdom and Action the past six months was very, very silly.

Legacy not getting implemented as a core feature is completely expected, so not much to say there as far as I'm concerned. The decision on Breach, however, boggles the mind.

What is so wrong with breach mechanics? I've never really heard anyone complaining about them before.
e77322447a68f9c997c346c2e4539ca7
Good to hear about breaches, I think that's a nice decision.

Personally I would have liked ancient reliquary keys to keep dropping, but at a MUCH lower rate- perhaps about 4 times the chance of a mirror or thereabouts.
"
TheLastZica wrote:
I am utterly disappointed with this. If anything I'd make the exact opposite choices - Legacy is what needed to go core, I'd never miss Breach. Without Legacy, I may not even be playing 3.0.0... I was thinking about buying half a dozen supporter packs across several accounts, but with no Legacy going forward, I have no reason to after all... put Legacy in the core game unaltered and I'll drop $500US on the game in a heartbeat... but if it stays dropped, no deal.

"
SirArrr wrote:
I started legacy like 1week ago and its the most fun i've had with the game.Im happy that breach stays but removing stones is sad for me, its like having to pay to zana for the free stuff stones give.Not everyone is rich and can afford the mods you will introduce with zana.Hopefully it will return again.

I really hope they reconsider and bring Legacy over to Standard permanently. I pretty much need that.

Legacy was fun at the start. About a week in, stone management was irritating and annoying.

The interface was clunky.

Stones activated when you didn't want them to. Every zone that didn't have it's own way point, you either had to eat the charge or go through the pain in the ass of removing the stones, taking the way point, and reloading the stones before entering the zone you wanted to run.

The stones were RNG drops. The stones I wanted to use, I always ran out. Having to pick up and vendor 3 crap stones to get breach, perandus, nemesis, and beyond; even invasion or ambush or talisman was annoying. I only really wanted the first 3 or 4... always on.

Again, not fun. Irritating and annoying. Glad Legacy is gone, especially since Reliquary key drops were non-existent and when you did manage to get a key drop, using it always yielded crap. Legacy had to much RNG to be fun. The bait was nice, but without catching fish... yes, lost interest and quit playing.

Have been recently active, but this is solely testing life builds for 3.0, hoping there will be 3.0 skill tree news on the horizon; the Scion news was... meh.
Breach will be way to rare cause to intrusive? lol what? its optional so don't realy get this statement.
Reliq keys might as well keep those in the game good drops are as rare as a mirror and the keys are at least as rare as an exalt so no real reason to remove them.
As for legacy i highly prefer this over zana mods which are boring as fuck so mb they should have kept them but only 1 active at a time instead of 3.
All in all not to pleased whit this announcement.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
What about also adding a Prophecy for Breaches as well, as that would be a more deterministic way of people farming the content if they so desire? It's a prophecy that some people would instantly try to proc on a map in order to farm it, or a prophecy that some people would happily sell to others that want to farm it. Something like:
"
A Whisper of Ash/Frost/Static/Blood/Chaos

You will enter a map and discover a Xoph/Tul/Esh/Uul-Netol/Chayula Breach

It could even be a chain, something along the lines of:

"
A Whisper of Ash I

You will enter a map and discover a Xoph Breach

"
A Whisper of Ash II

You will enter a map and discover a Xoph Breach. It's inhabitants will have Onslaught

"
A Whisper of Ash III

You will enter a map and discover a Xoph Breach, which will contain Xoph empowered with a random shrine buff*, and will drop twice as many splinters

"
A Whisper of Ash IV

You will enter Xoph's Domain and defeat Xoph, who will drop a blessing on death

To me it feels like an elegant solution, and helps unify the various mechanics present in the game.

*Obviously disabling Divine shrine
Last edited by Grimmhammer on May 31, 2017, 8:05:25 AM
Good decision GGG

"
鬼殺し wrote:
*shrug* i campaigned for legacy-in-core but if they don't want to go to the effort to balance it, so be it.
There's enough cooking with 3.0 for this to be much of an issue.

that's pretty depressing to hear to be honest, feeling unhyped by the news and looks like i will enjoy legacy as long as it lasts then ...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info