Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

Build Update: Notable Changes for 3.2

Overall, the build has been significantly buffed offensively by the introduction of the Elemancer node in the Elementalist Ascendancy tree. Not only an extra golem, but up to another 140% Increased Golem Damage. You can even go ham with even more offense by taking Beacon of Ruin and equipping Three Dragons to shock with your fire damage (Elementalist gets minimum 20% shock effect now regardless of the amount of damage dealt).

Defensively, Elemancer also offers some nice perks that translate to additionally gearing flexibility, which in turn translates into more EHP.

Skills/Gems

Gems
Basically no change. You can swap Added Lightning for Summon Phantasm on Kill for mapping for fun and possibly better clearspeed.

Golem Setup
With 7 golems now instead of 6, you'll probably want to go 6+1 Lightning/Flame for mapping. 5+1+1 or 4+1+1+1 combo for megabosses.

Harmony Damage Calculator: Google Docs link

Gear

Due to Elemancer also giving ele ailment immunity, I don't use Dream Fragments anymore, which means an extra 500-ish EHP. Dousing flasks are also no longer needed.

Passive Tree

The new Elemancer node is a powerful addition as explained above. Other than that, no major changes to the tree.

3.2 trees (WIP) now available in the Passive Tree section.

To-Do List

♫ Update mapping videos with 6x Lightning 1x Flame examples (maybe update boss videos too)

♫ Figure out optimal amount of Harmonies vs. cast speed (after GGG fixes/nerfs them)

♫ Uber Elder
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Apr 6, 2018, 8:54:16 PM
"
IMBrewmaster wrote:
Could you post a PoB with what you approx feel about this build for 3.2? Its very hard to play around with complex builds like that can go both Hybrid or Life without one, i am not experienced with summoner builds at all too and my pathing most likely wont be perfect if i am going LL for extra curses/auras for the golems.

I noticed your character in profile does not seem to run bloodmagic either, could a softcore hero like me use that life for extra auras or most likely a duo curse for even chillier gameplay? Would using duo curse/extra auras reserved in life be better than running +1 skin and going pure hybrid?

Sorry, if there is a PoB link and i just didnt find it.

Hey, yeah, sorry if it was hard to find. The guide's getting way longer than I would've thought. Try this POB pastebin:

SC:
https://pastebin.com/UZHwkuUX
+ 10,000+ EHP (using Shav's and dual Clayshapers)
+ 13 jewels

To be honest, I don't if I can recommend LL. The cost is pretty high for what you get back. If it's more offense you want, Flesh Offering has a greater effect than Haste. Without investing in more nodes, you'd only be able to run 1 more aura off Blood Magic. Those nodes could easily be spent on more jewel slots instead to get a similar DPS boost. The extreme offense version of the build sacrifices about 5,000 EHP to get 5-6 more jewels. So I think it's less of a headache to tune the build on an EHP vs. Primordials scale. You're more than welcome to experiment though. I'd love to hear the results.

For curses, the build is already dual-curse, so you don't have to worry about that at least. Although, since you mentioned "chillier" and "+1 skin", I'm wondering if maybe you intended to post this on my Ice Golem thread instead? :P
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Mar 1, 2018, 8:17:49 AM
"
tomatopotato wrote:

To be honest, I don't if I can recommend LL. The cost is pretty high for what you get back. If it's more offense you want, Flesh Offering has a greater effect than Haste. Without investing in more nodes, you'd only be able to run 1 more aura off Blood Magic. Those nodes could easily be spent on more jewel slots instead to get a similar DPS boost. The extreme offense version of the build sacrifices about 5,000 EHP to get 5-6 more jewels. So I think it's less of a headache to tune the build on an EHP vs. Primordials scale. You're more than welcome to experiment though. I'd love to hear the results.

For curses, the build is already dual-curse, so you don't have to worry about that at least. Although, since you mentioned "chillier" and "+1 skin", I'm wondering if maybe you intended to post this on my Ice Golem thread instead? :P

Thank you for PoB, apparently when i get 98 and using Skyforth i will be able to run Blasphemy in TC without sacrificing anything which is perfect, this is what i meant by a chillier 1hand gameplay, i am just a fan of builds that can i pilot with 1 hand and get results with.

What exactly do you mean by cost? Money wont be a problem at all if that. But i am a massive jewel hoarder myself and if that is the way to go, i love it. Its going to be very tight to fit in a 14th one but a rare one might do to compensate for dropping a couple of hp nodes to grab it.

Nah, i was just wondering if you could run Shav with reserved life and if that would be better than +2 Skin, but i can see now that it both wont be effective and it will sacrifice too much EHP.
So the nerf/change to Cooldown interaction isn't in the patch, right?

How everybody things this will be approached?

@tomato: Can't you "just" change the calculations based on only 1 mod affecting the golems to see the difference?
"
IMBrewmaster wrote:
Thank you for PoB, apparently when i get 98 and using Skyforth i will be able to run Blasphemy in TC without sacrificing anything which is perfect, this is what i meant by a chillier 1hand gameplay, i am just a fan of builds that can i pilot with 1 hand and get results with.
Ah, yeah. You can do that. I drop Wrath and pop in Blasphemy-TC when I just wanna space out.

"
What exactly do you mean by cost? Money wont be a problem at all if that. But i am a massive jewel hoarder myself and if that is the way to go, i love it. Its going to be very tight to fit in a 14th one but a rare one might do to compensate for dropping a couple of hp nodes to grab it.
I meant gem slots and nodes, build resources basically, not currency. I shoulda been clearer. :P

"
HalfRadius wrote:
So the nerf/change to Cooldown interaction isn't in the patch, right?

How everybody things this will be approached?

@tomato: Can't you "just" change the calculations based on only 1 mod affecting the golems to see the difference?
Hey, long time no see :)

Nah, no nerf this patch.

You mean for the Google Docs calculator? Yeah, I suppose I coulda just lumped all the Harmony Jewels into a single cell. I dunno. I thought people might want to input their actual jewels one by one. :x
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Seems legit build, tired of going necro all the leagues, I will give this one a try and I will go HC.
With the recent buffs to elementalist, what are your thoughts about going victario's charity instead of dual clayshaper's? Can also use shield charge/fortify for faster clearspeed.

I'm still undecided on going skeleton summoner or lightning golems. Which one do you think would fare better as league starter?

Thanks in advance and grats for the in-depth guide and calcs!
Love your build!

But ...

No CI tree for 3.2 makes me sad.

Submit Heretic!
"
Domkon wrote:
Love your build!

But ...

No CI tree for 3.2 makes me sad.
Oops, reinserted :P

CI:
https://pastebin.com/KZjLiq2r (POB)
+ 8,000 ~ 10,500-ish ES depending on rolls and # of Energy From Within
+ wants corrupted Eye of Chayula (+1 curse) to save points
+ 11 jewels

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
With the recent buffs to elementalist, what are your thoughts about going victario's charity instead of dual clayshaper's? Can also use shield charge/fortify for faster clearspeed.

I'm still undecided on going skeleton summoner or lightning golems. Which one do you think would fare better as league starter?

Thanks in advance and grats for the in-depth guide and calcs!
Yeah, you can run Victario's instead. I personally don't feel any DPS difference from a 2nd Clayshaper , so I tend to just save the passive point. A friend I play with is always charging around with Brightbeak. I find that Quicksilver of Adrenaline is usually more than enough to keep up/stay ahead.

I've never played Skeletons, so I can't give a good answer unfortunately. I have a feeling Elementalist buffs will create more demand for golem jewels and increase the cost, so I guess Skellies might be better to start if currency is an issue. G'luck!

"
pesadel0 wrote:
Seems legit build, tired of going necro all the leagues, I will give this one a try and I will go HC.
G'luck. I'll see you around then ♫

⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
hi, thanks for this build, amazing.

I have one question.

Elementalist has one passiv skill: Pendulum of Destruction
"Gain 75% increased Area of Effect for 5 seconds
Gain 75% increased Elemental Damage for 5 seconds"
[...] for 5 second.

In what situations is it activated for 5 seconds?, when i attacking or golems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info