Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Attempted Shaper with 4 golems. (took out Anima Stone and Primordial Might)

2 deaths, unfortunately. Will try to do a deathless run later.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 8, 2017, 7:02:41 AM
Re-did the 4-golem handicapped run deathless: https://youtu.be/FkrF4ZLZq9o
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 8, 2017, 7:21:09 AM
Tested with new 21/20 Lightning Golems and 40% increased LG damage helm:

Shaper run down to 6m56s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H_kWwt6VSs.

Time splits by phase:
1: ~40s
2: ~30s
3: ~50s

Definitely going with this for the next HC league (barring some unforeseen nerf).
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 8, 2017, 7:11:02 AM
Are you testing in Beta or do you plan too? Just curious as to how the ES / passive tree changes will affect the build.

Thoughts?

Ill try a run in Beta but not sure how well I'll do with lack of access to gear and wipes etc. Should be fun regardless :)
SOTWGUILD.COM
I'm dabbling a bit with it, but I don't plan to play it fully. Kinda want that fresh story experience when 3.0 comes out :P

For the ES changes, I think you can just use Path of Building to give yourself an idea of how much of an impact it will have. For reference, here's the gear I'm currently testing with:

You can see I have some decent ES pieces, but definitely not GG, so there's still a bit of margin to absorb some of the nerf (note, The Pariah is just something I'm toying with for now and not something I consider part of the build). From the above items, I get:

8424 ES (20/20 Discipline)

I went into Path of Building using a 3.0 template and created dummy items to approximate the above, reinvested the extra passive points (that come from Shield Infusion being removed) into the Scion ES wheel, and ended up with:

6480 ES

ouch... lol

Now let's say I go ahead and upgrade my boots, helm, and gloves to something stronger, but still reasonably attainable in a 3-month league, Like Tier 1.5-ish ES rolls. Plugging those theoretical items into PoB got me:

8044 ES

Still quite playable I think, but will definitely require more of a time investment to reach something comfortable for HC with dual Clayshapers. Time to consider a life or hybrid build perhaps?

Maybe I'll play the beta after all :P
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 10, 2017, 1:02:24 PM
Guide updates:
- Gems reshuffled; more detailed explanations added
- Gear recommendations expanded

New videos:
- Esh
- Guardian of the Hydra
- Guardian of the Minotaur
- Tul
- Uber Izaro
- Uber Atziri
- Uul-Netol
- Xoph
and a video of me cheesing Minotaur with Stone Golems.

I think the build and guide are done for the most part, so I probably won't be updating much until 3.0 is out.

Good luck to anybody who gives LGs a spin. Feel free to ask if you have any questions :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 16, 2017, 11:48:28 AM
goood job. keep it up! always be ur fans!
guess primordial jewel price spiking because of your post. :D :D: D
Aww, thanks man :)

I highly doubt it though. What you're probably experiencing currently is end-of-league inflation. Golem fever (if we can call it that) probably died down last league and was focused mainly on the Flame version. Not much love for LG as a main skill to be honest :P
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Attempted to speedrun Shaper:

https://youtu.be/-HR7gEXReBk

Took approximately 5m45s. Still have some room to improve as well.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info