Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

"
Swede67 wrote:
Ohh, not new to the game, just new to minioning... been at it for about two years, off and on, you know one of those filthy casuals... And yeah, I used EE's poets pen bodyswap design to power level until I could use the Clayshapers.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I didn't mean to imply you were new. In fact, you're probably the exact type of player this guide is meant for - somebody that's been playing for a while and can make independent decisions comfortably. :P

"
And I apologize for the confusion, should have tried to link the setup. I don't sacrifice any of the Primordials, the ghastly jewels are in the belt Darkness Enthroned, with dual max taunt jewels with mid level ES it is equivalent to a Crystal belt with 24% minion taunt on hit to boot... Not sure what the future of Abyssal jewels are once the league has closed, they have pretty much killed all other jewels and belts, but the setup has seemed to work well for me.
Nah, my fault again for not reading carefully. Now that I've stopped derping (hopefully), what you suggest might be best in slot:

Ghastly Eye Jewel:
Prefix #1 Life
Prefix #2 ES
Suffix #1 Minion Taunt
Suffix #2 mod of choice (probably resists)

(With Abyss coming to an end, we'll probably end up having to craft desired Abyss jewels now. I guess that means Alterations for Life and Taunt, then burn 100x Regals trying to hit the ES mod :P)

"
The slower proj suggestion was to try and address the comments about needing to recolor for clearing maps and downing bosses. Was just trying to address a QOL concern that had popped up in the thread. Swapping the GMP with slow proj just before going into boss arena allows a small substitute for single target without having to recolor. I would follow your advice and if going after a guardian/Elder/Shaper recolor for single target. And I thought shotgunning is no longer a thing, unless Galvanic Bolt has a secondary effect that has the potential for overlap...?
You're right. I just re-read the 2.0.0 patch notes. My understanding of the nerf was incorrect. In that case, I don't have an explanation as to why the GMP tests finished a few seconds faster than the Slower Proj tests. Ehhh... ><

(edit: actually, maybe I do: Accuracy)

"
And I hope they don't get to the CD correction on next patch; don't want to see this and similar Golem builds get gutted...
Yeah :(
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Feb 23, 2018, 12:44:15 AM
I don't think it's accuracy. Spells don't "miss" unless of course our golems totally derp or the boss is somewhere completely different from their aim point. Accuracy should only be effecting our ice golem, who melee attacks.

Agree with abyssal jewel priority, just found an all res with ES and max taunt, allowing me to run stun immunity/bisco's collar without having to worry about Ele weakness...

Will you be running this as your starting build in Bestiary League?

Well, the new ascendance looks interesting, an extra golem, and frees up flasks/accessory requirements for freeze, ignite, shock, that is pretty op. But not sure how the nerf to auras is going to effect damage output of the little fellas, 25% vice 100%... that seems a bit of a big kaapow!!
"
Swede67 wrote:
I don't think it's accuracy. Spells don't "miss" unless of course our golems totally derp or the boss is somewhere completely different from their aim point.
Yup, that's what I meant. Easy for a single slow-moving Bolt to miss an antsy boss.

"
Will you be running this as your starting build in Bestiary League?
Most likely, especially considering...

"
Well, the new ascendance looks interesting, an extra golem, and frees up flasks/accessory requirements for freeze, ignite, shock, that is pretty op. But not sure how the nerf to auras is going to effect damage output of the little fellas, 25% vice 100%... that seems a bit of a big kaapow!!
Yeah. Σ(・ω・ノ)ノ! I need some time to digest. Not sure about the aura thing yet, but the other buffs might be enough damage to kinda offset a massive Cooldown nerf (assuming that's coming this league). Agreed on the ailment immunities. Just hope work doesn't interrupt my league time too much again ><

Edit: Hey, I'm not seeing any information about auras being nerfed. Did I miss something? :x Regardless, Wrath only provides like half a support gem's worth of damage. I don't even use it full time, so I'd say the impact is minor.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Feb 26, 2018, 6:17:26 AM
I've put together a rough calculator in case people are interested in optimizing how many golem types to use depending on the # of Primordial Harmony:

Harmony Calculator: Damage Effectiveness for Different Golem Configurations (Google Docs)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Does the change to beacon of ruin impact anything? Obviously you’d take Liege of the Primordial and Elemancer, but after that it’s not so clear. If you had beacon of ruin with standard fire golems you could get that 20% shock increased damage whenever you try to proc EE using lightning damage. With this build you would have the chance to shock for 6 of every 14 seconds from shaper of desolation, but not the other 8 b/c of fire damage. Or would you skip beacon of ruin/shaper of desolation and take Paragon of Calamity/something else?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile 3.2.0 - Bestiary League

Minion damage has been adjusted, and all minion types (except Raging Spirits) will now attack more quickly, but deal less base damage. This also fixes a long-standing issue where added damage would only apply in-part to most minions, so many minions will also get up to 50% more damage from sources of added damage. Sources of increased attack speed for your minions will now be correctly multiplicative with their base attack speed.

Don't even know what to make of this, is it a buff, a nerf, or null overall affect... "most minions..."?

The good news, I guess, is I didn't see anything IRT Harmonies effect being adjusted.
"
tiger32kw wrote:
Does the change to beacon of ruin impact anything? Obviously you’d take Liege of the Primordial and Elemancer, but after that it’s not so clear. If you had beacon of ruin with standard fire golems you could get that 20% shock increased damage whenever you try to proc EE using lightning damage. With this build you would have the chance to shock for 6 of every 14 seconds from shaper of desolation, but not the other 8 b/c of fire damage. Or would you skip beacon of ruin/shaper of desolation and take Paragon of Calamity/something else?
Hmm, I might be wrong on this, but I don't believe Confluxes guarantee ailments. The chance to inflict Shock would still be based on your own self-cast damage (too low for a pure golem build, but maybe useful for a hybrid Golem+Spellcaster build). In which case, we still wouldn't be able to shock reliably (outside of Vaal Lightning Trap), except on trash that doesn't need it. I think I'll still be taking Paragon and a cast speed node instead.

"
Swede67 wrote:
Don't even know what to make of this, is it a buff, a nerf, or null overall affect... "most minions..."?

The good news, I guess, is I didn't see anything IRT Harmonies effect being adjusted.
Should be null for non-melee minions, as long as the patch notes writer is using the term "attack" in the strictest POE sense.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Could you post a PoB with what you approx feel about this build for 3.2? Its very hard to play around with complex builds like that can go both Hybrid or Life without one, i am not experienced with summoner builds at all too and my pathing most likely wont be perfect if i am going LL for extra curses/auras for the golems.

I noticed your character in profile does not seem to run bloodmagic either, could a softcore hero like me use that life for extra auras or most likely a duo curse for even chillier gameplay? Would using duo curse/extra auras reserved in life be better than running +1 skin and going pure hybrid?

Sorry, if there is a PoB link and i just didnt find it.
Last edited by IMBrewmaster on Mar 1, 2018, 5:18:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info