Energy Shield and Life

Legacy prolonged due overhelming feedback, now es nerfed because we play with 25k es..

:D

From 2.6 I have stopped playing after cca 10 days, now it looks like I will play only campaign...

Dedicated players like me are leaving slowly..

Games become focusing on causal players.

Well, each game has its life time adequate to players needs..

gl
This makes me so happy.

Exactly what the game needed, and what I needed to get back into the game again after I felt forced to go ES EVERY TIME.
Life builds are more fun!

THANK YOU!

GGG devs = Best devs!
"
noescape80 wrote:
This makes me so happy.

Exactly what the game needed, and what I needed to get back into the game again after I felt forced to go ES EVERY TIME.
Life builds are more fun!

THANK YOU!

GGG devs = Best devs!

LIFE BUILDS ARE MOAR FUNZ GUY!!!! really sounds more like a person who doesn't understand how es works btw poewiki is a nice site to start you should go read about things and stuffz
Good changes! It took a very long time though.

Next thing is to decrease boss potential one shot damage and increase trash mob damage greatly! -15% for all endgame boss damage and +50-100% to white mobs.

Trash hasnt been scary for a long time and the best poe experiences was back when charging rhoas hit you like a truck :D
"
silberglanz wrote:
Maybe this poem from Rory (Balance & Design) helps. :)

"

Now this is a story all about how
ES got nerfed right into the ground
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I made our Int defences totally fair

At the top of the tree, it was nerfed and raised
On niche builds was where it spent most of its days
Not for min-maxin', just trying to be cool
If you didn't like life, CI was your tool
'Til Vaal Pact and GR let it put life to shame
Started making trouble in the metagame
It cakewalked the fights and the team got scared
We said, "You're getting a big rework 'til the meta's repaired."

I ground down the values on all of the gear
Had to buff some base types to keep it all fair
All to nerf what you could get from the best rare
Then I whipped up new life mods
That all armour could share

We dialed down some keystones, giving them all a flaw
We tweaked crafted mods and we added some more
So that's all the changes
But don't you be a hater
You'll try it all out and we'll tweak it in Beta

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899920/page/1

Not really a poem. Heavily modified Fresh Prince of Bel Air lyrics yes
(¬_¬)ノ new garbage ES
"
Good changes! It took a very long time though.

Next thing is to decrease boss potential one shot damage and increase trash mob damage greatly! -15% for all endgame boss damage and +50-100% to white mobs.

Trash hasnt been scary for a long time and the best poe experiences was back when charging rhoas hit you like a truck :D

me love you long time GGG btw make the bosses shitty and weak and no one shots plahz but make white mobs one shot much moar funz bro
Well, I understand why you want to nerf builds that reach 25K ES.
But what will happen to builds that at the moment have only 6K-7K ES?
Wouldn't be better to just nerf the highest tier mods like tier1 and tier2 of ES bonuses to the value of tier3?
This will still be a huge nerf to ES but at least it will effect less the non-OP items.
And will probably lower the 25K builds to 15K levels...
"
After all of these changes, players will still be able to reach significantly higher values of Energy Shield than life. Current estimates are that a build that balances offence and defence and is well-geared can reach around 15,000 Energy Shield.

Most of us cant reach 10k with dmg right now, but ofc after the nerfs it will be ok. I mean if you think 25k es is normal to reach in any temp league you are insane. maybe legacy items in standard, WHO YOU FUCKED UP AND NEVER FIXED, just new drops.

I did read your post 4 times now and i cant get over the fact how badly you fuck with guys who like to play es, just because you guys fucked up reworking items (legacy items with old roles) and never ever buffing life.
The rich guys will now maybe get more life builds because they don't want to spend hundreds or thousands of ex for "a little bit better than life but way more expensive" es gear and players like me, who don't have time to trade all day and doesn't like to play meta super fast clearspeed builds. Have to play life if they want to survive. because i reach around 7-8k es gear now after the nerv, what do i have? 4-6k? Ya that will work just fine with this game. Fuck ya, if the beta wont change this, maybe i will go play d3. simple life builds everywhere.
Last edited by Moritonel on May 18, 2017, 7:56:13 AM
I like these changes! CI was definitely better than life-based, and I prefer bringing it down to a reasonable level rather than buffing everything else so everybody faceroll end-game content.

Though I'm not really sure I like the idea of ES having no way to sustain anymore (c'mon, Zealot Oath is not an option for sustaining in this fast-clear meta, It's only useful to sustain self-inflicted DoT)
Now I finally understand how GGG balance...

Something good -> KILL THEM

Abyssus says
'When you have nerf all of op, What is left to controversial'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info