Energy Shield and Life

It feels like I dropped the soap and GGG lined up to take advantage...
"
Kastmar wrote:
Deal with it like we had to when they killed mjolner build. I had fun with it because i figure out mechanics by my self. Not copied from net. Now is dead same as your ES will be.

I did deal with it, my old mjölner build was shot to the ground, godly gear went shot over night. When I finally found ES I felt I finally found something that was fun again. It is not build vs build, for me it is about the nerfing, it is ok that some builds are op because the investment is usually extreme to achieve it anyways.

I believe that balancing things UP rather than killing off things is a better route and would make all of this a positive experience. I also think that adding more end game content that has mechanics that makes it harder is better than shoplifting from peoples hard earned economy.

For the record, I miss the mjölner build, it was the most fun I had in the game.
The "miss" of any of the "Dead" builds is another topic which I would like to discuss.

- To make someone miss anything will always result a building a negative energy.

If You wish the game to prosperity further - NEVER EVER MAKE PEOPLES MISS ANYTHING !
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
"
"
Kastmar wrote:
Deal with it like we had to when they killed mjolner build. I had fun with it because i figure out mechanics by my self. Not copied from net. Now is dead same as your ES will be.

I did deal with it, my old mjölner build was shot to the ground, godly gear went shot over night. When I finally found ES I felt I finally found something that was fun again. It is not build vs build, for me it is about the nerfing, it is ok that some builds are op because the investment is usually extreme to achieve it anyways.

I believe that balancing things UP rather than killing off things is a better route and would make all of this a positive experience. I also think that adding more end game content that has mechanics that makes it harder is better than shoplifting from peoples hard earned economy.

For the record, I miss the mjölner build, it was the most fun I had in the game.
yep it hurts. But I'm pretty sure this is not the end of nerfing. Another builds will follow.
Good job about the ES nerf was about time but..

I dont see any changes that going to help life other than a rivaling roll for additional armour hybrid prefix that blocks new life prefix?
No thanks - is that all?
Its not like life was shit because ES was so fucken overpowered for all the years, its life IS so shit because of bad scaling in life, bad pathing efficiency on the skill tree and very limited build diversity (treewise) which led to very limited build options and bad optimization possibilites which again led to lower damage output possible compared to optimized meta ES build.

What GGG simply did is bring ES down to the shit level of life as a resource. Im not excited at all for 3.0 especially not as a standard player. In this place id rather had my ES gear nerfed retroactivley so im forced to get away from my god mode ES builds... well guess i will wait and see.

But let me guess there are a bunch of new uniques coming in 3.0 that gonna help life out with 40-50 life roll to compensate for another monster damage buff right?

"
zzang wrote:
Good job about the ES nerf was about time but..

I dont see any changes that going to help life other than a rivaling roll for additional armour hybrid prefix that blocks new life prefix?
No thanks - is that all?
Its not like life was shit because ES was so fucken overpowered for all the years, its life IS so shit because of bad scaling in life, bad pathing efficiency on the skill tree and very limited build diversity (treewise) which led to very limited build options and bad optimization possibilites which again led to lower damage output possible compared to optimized meta ES build.

What GGG simply did is bring ES down to the shit level of life as a resource. Im not excited at all for 3.0 especially not as a standard player. In this place id rather had my ES gear nerfed retroactivley so im forced to get away from my god mode ES builds... well guess i will wait and see.

But let me guess there are a bunch of new uniques coming in 3.0 that gonna help life out with 40-50 life roll to compensate for another monster damage buff right?

I agree. Life is still underpowered. Especially for melee.
idk what will that new mod for life acrobatic oriented build would changes..
life increase from 5k to 6k.. still one-shot anyway..
the big skellies rolled crit on crit mod map with minus maximum resistance.. oh la la..

and about ES.. why does uniques with relatively low ES already such as shavs got nerfed? its already low and got punished again for getting it lower..
its not like player able to reach 25k ES with shav right? correct me if i wrong here but i really doubt that gonna happen..
shav user, low-life build already having lower ES compared normal ES or CI build.. now it getting lower.. oh shit..

while on other side, i'm totally agree CI ES scaling way too much at endgame.. it deserve a nerf to be in-line with life based, but i think the value way too harsh..
gonna see it how it goes on beta.

also..

"
After all of these changes, players will still be able to reach significantly higher values of Energy Shield than life. Current estimates are that a build that balances offence and defence and is well-geared can reach around 15,000 Energy Shield.

this only valid for riches.. you know it right? hey GGG?

#GGGnerfstyle
Last edited by caffarella on May 30, 2017, 7:43:46 PM
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Will Legacy Vinktar apply instant leech for ES? It was mentioned that Acuity instant leech will no longer work with ES so is Legacy Vinktar going to be nerfed as well?

ANYONE WONDERING ABOUT ANY FORM OF INSTANT LEECH ON ES

Legacy Vinktars, Acuity or anything that could result in instant leech to ES will be destroyed. There will be no way to instant leech ES after 3.0. Instead just go Berserker and get 100% instant leech for free with even more damage.

Also, here's some more benefits from going Berserker:

- No stun
- Much less likely to get frozen
- You will have armor and/or evasion
- Flasks to add even more instant recovery
- Regeneration isn't blocked by damage
- whole realm of uniques you can't use as a CI build.

Life will now completely and utterly destroy CI. I hope the respond adequately to the fact that nobody will be investing in CI for the long term in new leagues.

However, you will be one-shot with life builds so you can't face tank everything.
[deleted]

Last edited by cosacee on May 30, 2017, 11:49:05 PM
hahaha finally! RIP fucking ES builds! Great news!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info