Energy Shield and Life

Buffing everything else and then buffing mobs leads to exactly same situation as a direct nerf, just with a bigger numbers.
"
Buffing everything else and then buffing mobs leads to exactly same situation as a direct nerf, just with a bigger numbers.

Exactly. I hope they will remove huge one-shots after nerfing ES/VP, and balance some mobs damage as well.
Also, this is only a beta. All can change, nothing is set in stone...
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
https://clips.twitch.tv/OddApatheticLocustStrawBeary
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

- Forget about nerfing. Nothing shall be nerfed. If You wanna to balance - improve the rest of the things and if this is not sufficient - add more special items and increase a bit the hardness of the mobs. Done.

And you get world of warcraft. With millions of ES and billons of elemental damage hits. In wow recently the devs just divided all health and damage numbers by 1000 because the values were so big that their cpus couldnt handle (32 bit stuff you know)

"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

- Always consider the main stream. The main stream is the general builds which is made withing 2-3 months max. They have to be fun, else the game is lost.

Main stream can play softcore, get cheap 6.5k health build and clear all the content.

"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

- NEVER Balance ! If You balance the universe - it will fall apart. This Universe, or reality exists only because it is perfectly unbalanced.
The lack of balance is giving this world colors, differences, wishes, wills, suffering and happiness.
Just imagine what will happens if you paint the ground blue in order to match the color of the sky.
Classes, builds and approaches shall be ever be different. This is The Path of Exile. Your own path. It's different for everyone, and let everyone walk his own path, else you will turn this tiny mountain path full of obstacles and explorations into a megapolis highway.

It's a game, you know. And the game takes time to develop. If there are some useless builds - why keep them in the game in the first place? Why do ggg should develop unplayable stuff?
"
theLt wrote:
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

- Forget about nerfing. Nothing shall be nerfed. If You wanna to balance - improve the rest of the things and if this is not sufficient - add more special items and increase a bit the hardness of the mobs. Done.

And you get world of warcraft. With millions of ES and billons of elemental damage hits. In wow recently the devs just divided all health and damage numbers by 1000 because the values were so big that their cpus couldnt handle (32 bit stuff you know)

"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

- Always consider the main stream. The main stream is the general builds which is made withing 2-3 months max. They have to be fun, else the game is lost.

Main stream can play softcore, get cheap 6.5k health build and clear all the content.

"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

- NEVER Balance ! If You balance the universe - it will fall apart. This Universe, or reality exists only because it is perfectly unbalanced.
The lack of balance is giving this world colors, differences, wishes, wills, suffering and happiness.
Just imagine what will happens if you paint the ground blue in order to match the color of the sky.
Classes, builds and approaches shall be ever be different. This is The Path of Exile. Your own path. It's different for everyone, and let everyone walk his own path, else you will turn this tiny mountain path full of obstacles and explorations into a megapolis highway.

It's a game, you know. And the game takes time to develop. If there are some useless builds - why keep them in the game in the first place? Why do ggg should develop unplayable stuff?

Fellow. I believe You got it completely wrong.
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

- Always consider the possibility to have super OP, Mega, Giga, Tera and etc uber builds.
This is what is making the will to play further, because at some point you can look and feel like a demigod, and this is giving to the MMO players some sort of happiness. Took this from them and it's done. No more fun or will to play. Grinding is pointless part of the game anyway, especially when there is nothing special at the end.
The Uber builds is bringing the point of will to exists in this universe, and at some point be there.
25k ES ? 17k HP ? are You joking dudes ?! I were expecting actually 200 points cap, and 100k ES / 80k HP builds in PoE 3. Are You joiking GGG ?! What's the point of these 10 new towns if there is no actual chalenging and will to redo all the stuff for even greater achievement toward and ultimate demi-god build ?!

I wouldnt go that far but I agree on principle. With thousands of hours into one character I _should_ have crazy gear and crazy ES. Things should scale with investment indefinitely - for example, why dont the numbers on mods that spawn on items follow the bell curve, with higher quantity of bonus being increasingly less likely? Makes it possible to invest ANY amount of time and currency into everything you would like to optimize.

"

yes.

this is the grand secret today that nobody seems to understand.

The balance mania since it started in the gaming industry didnt make games better it made them worse. It usually resulted in developers controlling how their players play and what they are allowed to do through top down decisions. And it resulted in patching culture - constantly fiddling with the game and its parameters every few months while going nowhere or even making things worse.

PoE did a lot of things right because it was indie and the devs were not so experienced. What we have today is thanks to that.
1 GIGA LIKE :)
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
HURR DURR LOOK AT ME I'M SCARED OF HUGE NUMBERS

Spoiler
scnr

Last edited by loardpcm on May 29, 2017, 11:23:54 AM
the problem with this is, that builds that rely on many uniques will have no chance now. i had a build that was unconventional, but could one shot t15 bosses, but since it utilised like 5-6 uniques out of the 9 gear socket (flasks excluded), i barely had 8k ES, now it s gonna be like 5-6k. and now it s gonna be useless, couse defence wise, it wasnt very good either with 8k ES, with 6k he's gonna get its ass handed to him.
this change should only apply to rares, not uniques.
"
Fracture333 wrote:
the problem with this is, that builds that rely on many uniques will have no chance now. i had a build that was unconventional, but could one shot t15 bosses, but since it utilised like 5-6 uniques out of the 9 gear socket (flasks excluded), i barely had 8k ES, now it s gonna be like 5-6k. and now it s gonna be useless, couse defence wise, it wasnt very good either with 8k ES, with 6k he's gonna get its ass handed to him.
this change should only apply to rares, not uniques.

This change shall apply to none. that's it. it's one big fail, and therefore there is no need to happens.
Benefiting something will make even worse the gap, since actually the Rares is the core of PoE.
The Rares above the Uniques is the thing which making PoE different.
Best decision ever!
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on May 29, 2017, 4:10:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info