Energy Shield and Life

Garbage development
I think it's still pretty stupid making armor completely depended on mods for decent numbers. IT SHOULD BE THE BASE NUMBERS ON THE EQUIPMENT THAT SHOULD BE MODIFIED TO HAVE A MUCH LARGER RANGE.
"
The worst thing about the ES nerf is that I finally discovered ES (always played life based in the past) and all of a sudden I felt that the game was fun again. I had a ton of ideas for upcoming leagues what I wanted to try but this killed it.

What I find annoying is that ggg loves their negative, player punnishing approach instead of balancing other areas up and make maps harder. Life needs a boost, boost it. If we don't die enough for you (seems to be the goal, you forget that the game is fun to play even if you don't die all the time) make the maps harder, add more end game content.

While I love you guys for what you done the past years that made this an amazing game, you always go the negative nerfing route (well in most cases). Please stop, don't take yourself to seriously, allow people to feel their chars getting stronger, add more super tricky content instead.

My situation exactly. Grinded really hard to get to a good spot, spent tons of money making a really strong build, now all my hard work is being punished because of the 1%.
Maybe one day GGG will realize we don't like Labyrinth. ha.
"
Smear wrote:
"
"
Gainworx wrote:
u guys make the game harder, but make us more crappy everytime...

why not nerf everything to 0.. cuz the time comes u cant complete the game cuz everything is so bad nerfed.. this is even worse then D3

Slow player progression is how they make money. They do not engage players creatively because it costs more and most people will play anyway because they are weak-willed and don't stand up for themselves and no longer have any sense of what a community should/could be like. It's all about a return of capital on an investment and everything GGG does and has done in the past is to slow us down to keep us playing longer. GGG has nerfed entire builds into the ground without batting an eye and they will do it again and again because players still play!!!!

They stole Diablo 2 utterly, I mean what do you expect from these people? Steal a game then expect them to be nice when their dollar is at stake to players having fun but progressing too fast? No, they will do whatever they want.

I have a 3 year old build that I've written a 50,000 word guide for. I am not even allowed to write more. 270,000 views and 90 threads of replies of people who play it and GGG is going to kill it at 3.0. Thousands will lose my build that they invested time and currency in.

All hail Cookie-Cutter-GGG-Approved crap builds that are all the same homogeneous goop that they control.

How long have you worked at this game to get the fun you want?
Word it another way, how many hours of grinding vs hours of reward from that grinding?
Word it again another way, how much frustration and stress vs fun and jovial play?

Like I said, this game is WORK
No play allowed
Play costs money
Work gets money

GGG Mods do not move my post here. It belongs here. Stop taking my posts away.

This^

I've literally spent months getting currency, planning, reading guides and finally building an ES character that is actually fun to play. So have countless thousands of other people - only to be spit on by the next overkill nerf.

GGG is effectively spitting in the faces of all of us, all the time and hours spent to finally achieve a end game viable build, only to be gutted in 3.0

The reward for working in this game is punishment. well, to that I say F*** you GGG. You're seriously blowing it this time. The blow back from this will be truly epic.

You tards have forgot the base players who made you the money in the first place. PC gamers. Remember that fact.

You are heading down the vanilla console S*** path and ruining yet another great game in favor of keeping the console mindless sheep pleased. That's really what this about.

It's truly disappointing. My leech based build with 7k es took me so much time and effort, and being able to almost do endgame (up to 14) content has provided me with such satisfaction. Now, I'll have to trash all her gear and spend more hard-earned currency to start anew. We're being punished for our hard work because of a small percentage of the playerbase. Their philosophy does not seem to reward the average players for whom the game is still VERY difficult.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

You know what 3.0 is gonna be now? 9k life vaal pact builds facerolling shaper etc with huge instant leech. All the same stupid abuse we see now where leech tanks trivialise the game and just stand there holding down the button through the 'hardest' content... yeah thats all still in the game according to this manifesto, its just done with life and not es. So whats the point of the change?

You know, I_NO is kind of right, you guys really are shit at balancing your game sometimes and I do wonder how you can be so far from seeing the problems you create with these changes, how youre so detached from the bigger picture.

Yep.
Deal with it like we had to when they killed mjolner build. I had fun with it because i figure out mechanics by my self. Not copied from net. Now is dead same as your ES will be.
"
The only way to send your message is financially.

Don't like the way GGG is doing things? Don't visit the microtransaction shop.
"
vutuan372 wrote:
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
How regretful.

I want to ask you:
What the difference between LIFE and ES builds with instant leech?
NONE except that ES pool is higher which helps to withstand hard blows (ELEMENTAL ONLY)! (Life/Armour will mitigate physical damage, while Life/Evasion gives evasion to all attack types)!
But you have to remember that ES builds sacrifices nodes/item slots/flasks slots to counter STUN/FREEZE/etc. which come non stop on red maps while life based have better in this aspect (the more life the better)!

If ES as you say will be CUT DOWN at high-end levels SO WHY YOU REMOVING INSTANT LEECH FOR ES?
Instead of balancing ES values you CUT DOWN builds VARIETY.

WHY THERE CAN'T BE ES INSTANT LEECH BUILDS?

there is a unique claw called bloodseeker, and unique gloves called atziri's acuity

These won't work. It's being gutted completely, not just from the tree.

"
GottaGoMonk wrote:
In social psychology (or "marketing" as people in the business like to call it), there's a cute persuasion technique called the Door-In-The-Face (DITF) technique (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door-in-the-face_technique).

Basically if you were the CEO of a gaming company looking to slow player progression by implementing some really unpopular nerfs, it's better to first announce extreme over-the-top nerfs. Bandy around some crazy numbers taken from the top 1% of the player base to justify the nerfs and generate outrage.

After the rioting begins and the UN declares a State of Emergency, appeal for calm and announce the actual (originally intended) nerfs. There will be much relief and celebration. There will be fireworks and dancing in the streets. There will also probably be an orgasmic explosion of rampant profligacy in the mtx shop by relieved players.

It's a win-win situation for everyone.

This isn't about nerfing the top 1% who will always be the top 1% no matter what. This isn't about "game balance" or Life vs ES, or any of those other insignificant distractions. This is about slowing the progression of the mass majority of the player base to increase the Return on Invested Capital. After all, gaming assets don't just create themselves.

Actual business decisions revolve around more arcane but boring concepts like Return on Capital, Return on Equity, Debt/Equity ratios, Dividend Yields, and very important questions like "When do my stock options vest?" No one gives a shit about the current meta in executive boardroom meetings.

Well played GGG. :golf clap:

10/10 would love to be manipulated again.

"
coolchrisTV wrote:

"
GottaGoMonk wrote:
In social psychology (or "marketing" as people in the business like to call it), there's a cute persuasion technique called the Door-In-The-Face (DITF) technique (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door-in-the-face_technique).

Basically if you were the CEO of a gaming company looking to slow player progression by implementing some really unpopular nerfs, it's better to first announce extreme over-the-top nerfs. Bandy around some crazy numbers taken from the top 1% of the player base to justify the nerfs and generate outrage.

After the rioting begins and the UN declares a State of Emergency, appeal for calm and announce the actual (originally intended) nerfs. There will be much relief and celebration. There will be fireworks and dancing in the streets. There will also probably be an orgasmic explosion of rampant profligacy in the mtx shop by relieved players.

It's a win-win situation for everyone.

This isn't about nerfing the top 1% who will always be the top 1% no matter what. This isn't about "game balance" or Life vs ES, or any of those other insignificant distractions. This is about slowing the progression of the mass majority of the player base to increase the Return on Invested Capital. After all, gaming assets don't just create themselves.

Actual business decisions revolve around more arcane but boring concepts like Return on Capital, Return on Equity, Debt/Equity ratios, Dividend Yields, and very important questions like "When do my stock options vest?" No one gives a shit about the current meta in executive boardroom meetings.

Well played GGG. :golf clap:

10/10 would love to be manipulated again.

Absolutely correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info