Preview of the New Minimap and Super Stash Sale

"
Coal48 wrote:
Better but you still show too much detail, why do you display stone, buildings, the actual environment instead of just lines? it makes things harder to identify.

Now I don't like Diablo 3 but it still as a better minimap than PoE's, look how easy it is to read compared to 0:27 in the video

Spoiler

The blue line of exploration isn't necessary if you put a transparent color where you visited. A transparent color also helps identify what's walkable from what's not.

The main problem with the original map is that it showed too much detail, the problem is still present, you only made it more Hi-res

Completely agree. If there is one thing that should be done like D3 it's the mini map. Map should be clear and concise. I don't need to see stuff on the floor on minimap, I just want to see where I can go. The detail is completely redundant on the overlay.

It's a big improvement nonetheless.
I looks much better, but I think the blue vision line is unnecessary. Still much improvement over the current one, thanks!
this is just WOW!
New minimap is awesome ! Great work !
Hf :)
Very very nice!!
"
Coal48 wrote:
Better but you still show too much detail, why do you display stone, buildings, the actual environment instead of just lines? it makes things harder to identify.

Now I don't like Diablo 3 but it still as a better minimap than PoE's, look how easy it is to read compared to 0:27 in the video

Spoiler

The blue line of exploration isn't necessary if you put a transparent color where you visited. A transparent color also helps identify what's walkable from what's not.

The main problem with the original map is that it showed too much detail, the problem is still present, you only made it more Hi-res

+1

Please copy D3's map, and class gender selection.
Sorry to be blunt, but this change should have happened two years ago. If you guys need engineers, hit me up. It'd be nice to see PoE maintain its spirit but improve on its delivery.
Regarding readabilty, have you thought about making the detailed model layer optional too? The walkability layer on its own actually seems like a pretty good simplistic minimap.
Last edited by Ahtras on May 12, 2017, 11:30:05 AM
This is yummy. 3.0 hype!!
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Finally the minimap changes. I don't mind if I can't switch to 'classic' mini-map if that isn't available. Now my friends have no excuse to not play PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info