Damage Over Time Changes - More Information

"
Wunderbeef wrote:
I guess I wasn't the only one who was curious about Righteous Fire changes. I am happy to have that answered though, because I was getting a bit worried that with the new changes RF would become too powerful especially considering how strong it already is.

Me too. I was looking for gems on poe.trade for my RF character then I remembered what I read on the Part 2 of the Manifesto.

I went straight to the forums and saw this new post. I wonder what will they do to RF though.
Leagues Played: Breach | Legacy | Betrayal | Synthesis (with SSD!!!)
Ascendancies Played: Elementalist | Inquisitor | Raider | Pathfinder | Chieftain | Assassin
Next Asceendancies to Play: Occultist | Duelist ascendancy
Due to immunity for aliments changes we also get rid of stun immunity at bosses or some type of monsters?
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Due to immunity for aliments changes we also get rid of life at bosses or some type of monsters?
and when you're on it, can every drop i have be an exalted?
Well well, as going that way why not adding a proc % separately from critical % so this would be simpler (a % to proc status alignment like warframe) .

That would add another parameter but you could start by making it the same amount as crit% as the beginning for example .

That would also make unlikely to double dip (rolling critical÷ AND proc÷ would be naturally not viable).

(Not native English ,Plz forgive my French)

R.I.P. DoT :(
I'm not sure if I get the herald of ash change. If it's not ignite does that mean ele prolif doesn't work with it anymore?
So sorry very much but the most I try to understand how the game works, with all the shady and complicated mechanics there are actually, the more I think devs overdid it with too much maths, difficult calculations and exceptions.

Maybe it's me and the way I tend to do things but when they get too complicated I usually stop, step back and think about there could be a possibility of doing it in a simpler way.

Man, I don't know. How did things end up like this? I still love the game, but every update it seems to me like two steps forward, three steps back. The number of exceptions, alternate types of damage, hidden stats, and vague rules for everything is just slowly neutering the game.

I mean, it feels to me like there's this snowball effect happening, and eventually it's going to become more complicated than GGG is going to be able to do anything with. I don't care about nerfs, buffs, or what builds are meta or not end game viable. Honestly, those things are always going to be in the game, regardless what you do. I'm just saying that there is just SO MUCH fat that needs to be cut out. Why does there need to be like five different types of fire damage? Why does there seem to be an exception to every single possible core component of the game? Can't you see how this over complicates things? It's going to turn away so many new players and just irritate the core fan base.

Cut the fat and introduce more QoL. It's what people want, and what the game needs.

Honestly though? I'm not even sure why I am typing this out. For how much GGG says they are involved with, and listens to the community, my comment (as well as everyone else's here) is either going to be completely ignored, or just chalked up to being a hater. This is one of my favorite games, and I hate seeing it slowly fall apart. And I feel that a HUGE portion of the core fan base agree with my sentiment.
new GGG motto

"
Lantis02 wrote:
Man, I don't know. How did things end up like this? I still love the game, but every update it seems to me like two steps forward, three steps back. The number of exceptions, alternate types of damage, hidden stats, and vague rules for everything is just slowly neutering the game.

I mean, it feels to me like there's this snowball effect happening, and eventually it's going to become more complicated than GGG is going to be able to do anything with. I don't care about nerfs, buffs, or what builds are meta or not end game viable. Honestly, those things are always going to be in the game, regardless what you do. I'm just saying that there is just SO MUCH fat that needs to be cut out. Why does there need to be like five different types of fire damage? Why does there seem to be an exception to every single possible core component of the game? Can't you see how this over complicates things? It's going to turn away so many new players and just irritate the core fan base.

Cut the fat and introduce more QoL. It's what people want, and what the game needs.

Honestly though? I'm not even sure why I am typing this out. For how much GGG says they are involved with, and listens to the community, my comment (as well as everyone else's here) is either going to be completely ignored, or just chalked up to being a hater. This is one of my favorite games, and I hate seeing it slowly fall apart. And I feel that a HUGE portion of the core fan base agree with my sentiment.

Glad I didnt have to write that up myself. Second this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info