Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

Dont make DOT mandatory! Dont buff base dmg It will be same broken mandatory as now (just slightly weaker).

Also physical damage not scale any DOT, while mines, traps, etc will DD? Why so hate phys dmg?
Master Craft Service in Legacy SC. My IGN: MasterLegacy
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1841274 Vouch and info
All masters 8 level All Service in one thread!
Shaper/Breach Lords/Guardians/Uber Lab/Atziri/Boss kill
Last edited by TreeOfDead on May 8, 2017 7:38:10 AM
"
Completed 40 ChallengesTreeOfDead wrote:
Dont make DOT mandatory! Dont buff base dmg It will be same broken mandatory as now (just slightly weaker).

Also physical damage not scale any DOT, while mines, traps, etc will DD? Why so hate phys dmg?

Excuse me ?!!

The phy close and long range builds is the most OP in POE fellow.
if You are looking for OP build - this definitely is a phy build / converter phy to ele..
OMG.. OMG... O. M. G. !
Since it is almost a complete overhaul.
I was wondering if:
Conditional modifiers works with DOT now?

that is, previously mods like " increased Damage against Hindered Enemies" or "more Damage against Chilled Enemies" will not work on DOTs. Is that going to be the same case in 3.0?
"
Completed 26 ChallengesNomuraSho wrote:
I was wondering if:

that is, previously mods like " increased Damage against Hindered Enemies" or "more Damage against Chilled Enemies" will not work on DOTs. Is that going to be the same case in 3.0?

This is probably not going to be fixed for a long time, since this would require recalculating player damage dealt for every single dot tick, causing severe lag. It'd be nice if they made an equivalent of ele pen for dots, but my expectations are pretty low at this point, seeing as they basically gutted bleed and made poison only useful on pure chaos builds, mines/traps/minions, and viper strike :/ .
"
"
I was wondering if:

This is probably not going to be fixed for a long time, since this would require recalculating player damage dealt for every single dot tick, causing severe lag. It'd be nice if they made an equivalent of ele pen for dots, but my expectations are pretty low at this point, seeing as they basically gutted bleed and made poison only useful on pure chaos builds, mines/traps/minions, and viper strike :/ .

Technically, they could just make DoTs ignore resists.

I mean, many people are complaining about how low damage DoTs will be due to scaling off the base damage of hits and requiring magnitudes of %increases to become something considerable at all.

Ignoring resists would be a way of significantly upping their damage without needing so many huge modifiers.

Make it a keystone passive and you can prevent it messing with PC's (Thus killing RF builds).

Throw in some penetration on some DoT passives too and you can hit some negative resist values like some elemental hits can (Via Pen gem + 2x resistance curse + EE = -170% resists without even any +curse effectiveness)

Only issue would be Bleed since it already ignores armour and there's no way to make it do more... (Other than make the bleeding targets move, but that's not particularly feasible in all scenarios. Especially for melee, who ironically, get the most support for making things bleed...). I suppose maybe a passive could work to get bonus Bleed damage somehow. Maybe to make it useful, give it some percent health damage? Bonus damage for bleeds applied to already bleeding targets? IDK.

As a side note, ignoring Resists would also make ED not so heavily reliant on playing Witch (Given Occultist has monopoly on pretty much the only Chaos Resist debuff)
"
I was wondering if:

They should.

Increased damage is the most generic modifier and should work on DOT. Putting a conditional modifier on top shouldn't matter.

DOT just doesn't inherit the attack/spell specific modifiers such as AOE, Projectile, etc anymore.

"
Completed 40 ChallengesTreeOfDead wrote:
Dont make DOT mandatory!

They won't double dip, they will work as intended now - at least not be double nerfed like everything else.

Double dip was when say 16% projectile damage applied to the attack, which scaled the DOT, and then when the DOT was applied, it would scale the DOT by 16% AGAIN!

Mines and traps will now just scale both as it should be. This is like mines and traps scaling the hit, which scales the DOT (but not scaling the DOT a second time). Unfortunately most modifiers to attacks/spells now not only will not double dip, but not scale the DOT at all which is a double nerf.

Also Phys damage will scale bleed as well as the attack. "Physical damage with attacks" may not scale bleed though.

Last edited by Lord_Tao on May 10, 2017 8:15:30 PM
Stun focused builds suffer from blanket immunities in much the same way that freeze builds do.

With the removal of blanket immunities, hypothermia as a choice becomes viable in situations where immunities would have removed it from the equation previously.

Stun builds suffer from the same complete-removal-of-build-mechanic as freeze builds do: and in cases where you rely on stun for endurance charge generation, an unwavering monster like the Minotaur Guardian can completely shut that down (2 jewels in your main attack become irrelevant vs unwavering: stun and endurance charge on melee stun).

In extreme cases, such as vigilant strike character using endurance charges as main-attack fuel, this would completely lock down your build on both defense and offense.

Is there any chance that stun will be included in the ailments pass? Is stun regarded as an ailment also?
Last edited by Obbu on May 10, 2017 10:48:18 PM
I have one question. Will we FINALLY be able to make things bleed with Phys based spells? Like, can I make it rain swords and make them all bleed?

Lover of Bladefall, especially Bladefall trap, and always wanted to be able to make things bleed with it.
/del
    "At the intersection between all worlds,
     surrounded by the mystical Fogs since the dawn of time, stands Eternal Rome;
     a city of opportunity and loss, and of incredible wealth and equally incredible poverty."
                                         — Old Huntsman
vk.com/darkroran
Last edited by RoranDark on May 11, 2017 4:49:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info