Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

So, my Reave Gladiator is dead now (To be honest he was nerfed to the ground with AoE changes)...
Now he is twice dead.
I see double dipping nerfs here...
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
"
Rory wrote:
Ailment Immunities
We intend to make changes to Chill and Shock that we'll be trying out during the beta to further help this situation, making ailments more useful against very high-health enemies without them making the content too easy. We'll be revealing more information about this later.

Some bosses that had Freeze Immunity will instead have a slow protection effect, so they won't be immobilized by Freeze. Instead, they'll be slowed significantly.

Man, am I glad to read this. Finally a use for Cold characters and more versatility for Lightning builds that don't have to rely on other sources of Shock.

Also, nice changes in general. Finally my Doryani's build will come to Life instead of being simply overshadowed by Facebreaker.

Great stuff!

EDIT: I do have 1 question. Will Emberwake see a slight buff due to the changes to Ignite? If I understood correctly, it will be far worse than now.

Yeah exactly! I think I have a half a dozzen builds (at least) that will become endgame viable with this.
(I really like cold/lightning :))
Last edited by Dharall on May 3, 2017, 6:47:20 AM
"
Will blight be compensated for in damage now that concentrated effect isn't an option for bosses?

Blight is OP, does not need any buffs /s
"
Taudlitz wrote:
"
Will blight be compensated for in damage now that concentrated effect isn't an option for bosses?

Blight is OP, does not need any buffs /s

Blight no OP, medium damage. EndGame slow kill T16
"
Kaemonarch wrote:
And here I was worried that GGG would over-complicate things again for an easy fix....
¬_¬U

Exactly my thoughts. I am so glad I started in closed beta and learned all that gameplay mechanics over the years bit by bit. Can't imagine how it is for people starting new. Already told a friend of mine to wait for 3.0 but he already lost any ambition when i described him a few game mechanics in detail.

Not that I want them to oversimplify the game, but "the beast" is getting bigger and bigger with every patch and meta change. At this point you have to literally study PoE to understand everything.
Will freeze/chill effect (duration) still be related to the initial dmg hit?
And what about a skill like Blight, that has AOE stated in its tag. Since its dmg is DoT, but is also a AOE skill, you're saying Area Damage nodes won't affect it? Wasn't this a staple in PoE mechanics from the beginning, that no matter how unintuitive it could be in some cases, the skill's tags are sacred?

----
Despite these changes being for fixing double dipping and clarifying mechanics, i find it pretty confusing. I pitty the new players.
Last edited by D3adGh0st on May 3, 2017, 7:21:38 AM
Area damage over time .... can we make things more complicated ? New players will love it :)

whatever ...

Just waiting for movement skills changes

if you will do that as REDDIT Btches ORDER YOu , that will be last nail into your Coffin

I'm not even playing poision ignite build but this circle makes me vomit, puke
" reddit post>GGG answer , reddit cry > GGG nerf , Reddit blame > GGG apoligize , Reddit Wants bann> GGG does, "

GET RID OF REDDIT !!!

its just small percent of your players.

already quit 4 games because of that dont wanna do that 5th time
Last edited by RestlnPeace on May 3, 2017, 8:38:33 AM
"
Nishrek wrote:
So, my Reave Gladiator is dead now (To be honest he was nerfed to the ground with AoE changes)...
Now he is twice dead.
I see double dipping nerfs here...

Double dipping is gone completely, not nerfed. A well deserved nerf to builds that relied on it.
Why is it that these posts always leave me morning for my past twenty or so now dead builds. I'd like to see the staff of GGG play the high tier rare maps and bosses and post them to youtube so we can see the understanding of these changes. It should be played as hardcore though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info