Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

I like those changes. I appreciate how you are trying to unite and simplify mechanics. But there are some cases when it's still a bit confusing.

Q1: When you deal critical strike with elemental damage you are going to cause elemental aligment. Will be possible to cause bleed or poison by critical strike similar way? Are there any other changes related to causing aligments by critical hit?

Q2: You've mentioned that WED and similar modifiers were changed so that they increase all elemental damage caused by attacks. Does this mean there will be also modifiers which affects all elemental damage caused by spells?

Q3: Will shock, chill or freeze aligments still be affected by initial hit damage?
"
Ceri wrote:
Two questions:

1) I'm a little confused about Caustic Arrow. You say it will gain a mod so it will be affected by Projectile Damage? Is that just some internal thing you're doing, or some new support gem or similar? Also, CA is doing area damage still, right? Please clarify. And while you're at it, buff CA. It never deserved the nerf it got in 2.1.0.

2) Your statement on Area damage is a bit unclear to me. Will Cyclone still do area damage? That's a big one.

Other than that, cautiously optimistic, but quite worried about Essence Drain.

Yes Caustic Arrow still deals Area Damage. Its clarified already, if monsters can run out of the damage zone your skill will be affected by Area Damage. Thats exactly the case with the Caustic Arrow Chaos Cloud.
"
Rory wrote:

Rare and Magic Item Mods

We will be introducing a new selection of suffix modifiers to certain weapons, including:
  • Increased Poison Damage on Daggers, Claws, Swords and Bows
  • Local Chance to Poison on Daggers, Claws, Swords and Bows
  • Increased Bleeding Damage on Maces, Axes, Swords and Bows
  • Local Chance to cause Bleeding on Maces, Axes, Swords and Bows
  • Increased Ignite Damage on Sceptres, Staves and Wands
  • Chance to Ignite on Sceptres, Staves and Wands
  • Chance to Freeze on Sceptres, Staves and Wands
  • Chance to Shock on Sceptres, Staves and Wands

What about "Local Chance to Poison/Bleed on Wands"?
And everything related with wands

No chance?
GGGGG, Nice !
Yeah! More item mods. Not that 99% of rare items are vendor trash, because of the few useful mods out of a huge pool of prefixes and suffixes an item (especially weapons) have to roll to be useful...

Can't remember when I found something really good among rare items. This league I skipped picking most ones up because it is a huge waste of time. I don't know if this is healthy in the long run for a loot based game.

Quoting Izaro here: "We shall see..."
Last edited by tobiasbruckert on May 3, 2017, 5:39:53 AM
"
Yeah! More item mods. Not that 99% of rare items are vendor trash, because of the huge amount of prefixes and suffixes an item (especially weapons) have to roll to be useful...

Quoting Izaro here: "We shall see..."

My fear exactly. Hopefully they'll introduce new mastercrafts at least ...

PS: Rereading the part regarding crit multi and unarmed make me think of

Hmmm...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
And here I was worried that GGG would over-complicate things again for an easy fix....
¬_¬U
Very nice. I'm so excited about the critical strike changes.
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Suppose I poison an enemy using lacerate while using Varunastra and assuming I have adder's touch. This would still count as area damage because it was applied via a hit, right?

Read the post, will you?
Spoiler

"
Rory wrote:
In addition, Bleeding, Ignite and Poison are never considered Area Damage, so even in the case where an Ignite is proliferated around an ignited enemy, the Ignite's damage is not considered Area Damage.

what about contagion? will it be counted as AoE DoT?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info