[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
bpesnya87 wrote:
What happens if I change them?

if i do that i lose some dps on tooltip.....
"
Peterlerock wrote:
First I was like "holy shit, how does he achieve 1mio dps with those two unique claws without going crit glass cannon or pre 3.0 double dipping?"...

...then I opened PoB and started clicking...

No Conc effect for normal mapping.
No permanent phase run DpS buff.
Not always bothering to drop warchief.
Enemy not always moving.
No permanent Vaal Haste (isn't even linked to increased duration).
No 100% uptime on all 5 DpS flasks all the time.
Not always "taken a savage hit recently".

...and I disabled half the jewels for more realistic "budget" (life + 1 DpS stat), though that doesn't really matter at this point, with all the crazy short term multipliers gone.

Drops down to about 200k DpS, ~130k when BF isn't used perfectly.

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but "1-2M DPS" sounds slightly misleading to me. ;)

Funny... Heard the argument before: "ohh I disabled everything in PoB and now it sux". Well homie, I gotta make it scale with something. There's no poison double dipping as you mentioned, all there is left is temporary effects.

1) Conc is not needed for mapping. I don't even bother swapping out of IAoE for T15 bosses with Bisco's.
2) Phase run can be set to a 4,6lvl CWDT setup and it will trigger more and still give about the same buff.
3) You don't drop warchief all the time because it isn't needed... so what is the point here?
4) Enemy is not always moving? If you're whirling around to proc fortify, it is very rare that mobs are not moving. Either way, what diff does it make for trash? Everything is dead even before I reach 6stack release, and bleeding is just there as an added bonus, not the main source of dmg.
5) Sure... fair point, ZOMG I forgot to shut off vaal haste! I mentioned it before either way.
6) Flasks are flasks... what did u expect? For me to add them and not enable them for the screenshots or take into account their effects?
7) Of course not always taken savage hits... So what? Don't show what the effect of it is either? I guess the 600k leech is in my mind too and never happening then because it isn't a permanent effect. I guess disable that too to please your sensibility.

I find 10c 4DMG jewels fairly often, so I dunno what this is about either... Were you expecting 1c jewels? Budget is anything under 1EX to me.

I would understand your point about misleading if I were hiding my toon and not providing PoB import links. But how exactly is it deceiving to show the potential DPS you can achieve when everyone can see how it was achieved?

Either way, you're the first person to complain about this or even say something negative at all, even though most everyone is posting how they are killing guardians with 5L, doing uber lab with the most expensive item being 3c, and doing shaper at 86. It must be a pretty shit build and I'm just paying all those ppl to say nice things about it.

Don't like it? Don't play the build... simple.

Ever see Bambi as a kid? Got nothing nice to say? Nothing constructive? Then maybe next time consider not saying anything at all. Specially if you haven't even tried the thing yourself to judge how it actually plays...
"
corosou wrote:
I would understand your point about misleading if I were hiding my toon and not providing PoB import links. But how exactly is it deceiving to show the potential DPS you can achieve when everyone can see how it was achieved?

It's just the number in the title of the thread that I find misleading, when in truth you're probably mapping with something between 200 und 400k DpS... which is totally fine and strong enough, but it's not "1-2M". This number is an unrealistic "stars align" scenario, with everything up and running for a very short time.

I did not doubt at any point that this build works the way it should, that it clears content etc.
Neither did I say I don't like it.

"
Well homie, I gotta make it scale with something.

Do you? You oneshoot normal packs in t15 with ~60k DpS.
There's no real reason to "gotta make it scale" besides boss fights.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 29, 2017, 12:52:02 PM
I'm about ready to retire this character since I think I'm done boss killing for the league, but I just wanted to throw in some final thoughts for anyone considering running it.

First of all, I've never seen a build (especially without abusing double dipping) that can farm shaper as reliably as this one on anywhere close to the budget this has. Sure, your 20m DPS ele crit blade flurry 5k HP with mirror gear will do it faster, but this build really doesn't need anything but a 6l chest and some decent jewels to trivialize the encounter. I got my 2nd shaper kill ever on this character, but I was able to go 15/15 shaper runs (2 swords 1 flask, not bad!) without failing a single one. The last 5 were deathless as I learned the fight. I also farmed all of the fragments for those runs on this character also without failing a run, some of which had some insanely rippy mods (I ran a phys reflect hydra even!). This was with a 6l belly, but I think the only thing that allowed me to do compared to a 6l rare chest was face tank shaper's ball attack. I did a shaper run on a 60c rare 6l chest to test and noticed no difference besides the balls. If you just avoid that instead of DPS through it the build will easily farm everything you need on a relative budget. In all of my shaper runs I almost never had a shaper survive to do more than 1 bullet hell rotation per phase, so the DPS is real. Make sure you were kaom's boots for shaper farming to avoid stun and chill, but I preferred regular boots otherwise so that I could blind mobs/bosses and still have dodge.

The one thing I did notice is that jewels make a huge difference in your dps and you can't ignore them. As a relatively casual player I usually skimp on the jewels thinking they're just icing on the cake, but this character didn't really come alive until I had decent jewels. That being said I bought multiple 4 damage prop jewels for this character for 20-30c, which isn't too much of an investment to make for a build that facerolls shaper. If you're new and having trouble getting the dps you need, make an investment in jewels. They'll help you more than saving for a sin's rebirth/6l belly/taste of hate will.

It's worth it to buy all three of those high budget items as you get rich farming t16's on this guy though, because you really feel invincible once you get them. I'm not sure if shaper's slam does less damage as you get further from it, but I got hit from it twice as I was farming shaper without dying. Maybe thats just a lucky low end hit + taste of hate + fortify saving me though.

So, long story short, if you want to do t16 and shaper and are looking for a fun, reliable, and (relatively) budget way to do it, I can't recommend this character enough. No guardian/shaper experience necessary to farm the crap out of them. Looking to map? This char has exactly fine clear speed. Play a wander or doomfletcher if you want to spam maps 24/7.
Last edited by MastermindPK on Aug 29, 2017, 12:46:10 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

It's just the number in the title of the thread that I find misleading, when in truth you're probably mapping with something between 200 und 400k DpS... which is totally fine and strong enough, but it's not "1-2M". This number is an unrealistic "stars align" scenario, with everything up and running for a very short time.

You have my apology for having mislead you
"
MastermindPK wrote:
I'm about ready to retire this character since I think I'm done boss killing for the league, but I just wanted to throw in some final thoughts for anyone considering running it.

First of all, I've never seen a build (especially without abusing double dipping) that can farm shaper as reliably as this one on anywhere close to the budget this has. Sure, your 20m DPS ele crit blade flurry 5k HP with mirror gear will do it faster, but this build really doesn't need anything but a 6l chest and some decent jewels to trivialize the encounter. I got my 2nd shaper kill ever on this character, but I was able to go 15/15 shaper runs (2 swords 1 flask, not bad!) without failing a single one. The last 5 were deathless as I learned the fight. I also farmed all of the fragments for those runs on this character also without failing a run, some of which had some insanely rippy mods (I ran a phys reflect hydra even!). This was with a 6l belly, but I think the only thing that allowed me to do compared to a 6l rare chest was face tank shaper's ball attack. I did a shaper run on a 60c rare 6l chest to test and noticed no difference besides the balls. If you just avoid that instead of DPS through it the build will easily farm everything you need on a relative budget. In all of my shaper runs I almost never had a shaper survive to do more than 1 bullet hell rotation per phase, so the DPS is real. Make sure you were kaom's boots for shaper farming to avoid stun and chill, but I preferred regular boots otherwise so that I could blind mobs/bosses and still have dodge.

The one thing I did notice is that jewels make a huge difference in your dps and you can't ignore them. As a relatively casual player I usually skimp on the jewels thinking they're just icing on the cake, but this character didn't really come alive until I had decent jewels. That being said I bought multiple 4 damage prop jewels for this character for 20-30c, which isn't too much of an investment to make for a build that facerolls shaper. If you're new and having trouble getting the dps you need, make an investment in jewels. They'll help you more than saving for a sin's rebirth/6l belly/taste of hate will.

It's worth it to buy all three of those high budget items as you get rich farming t16's on this guy though, because you really feel invincible once you get them. I'm not sure if shaper's slam does less damage as you get further from it, but I got hit from it twice as I was farming shaper without dying. Maybe thats just a lucky low end hit + taste of hate + fortify saving me though.

So, long story short, if you want to do t16 and shaper and are looking for a fun, reliable, and (relatively) budget way to do it, I can't recommend this character enough. No guardian/shaper experience necessary to farm the crap out of them. Looking to map? This char has exactly fine clear speed. Play a wander or doomfletcher if you want to spam maps 24/7.

Really glad you had success with the build! That's the only thing that matters in the end. Last thing I want is anyone feeling like I've somehow mislead them into some bs build that can't do what it says it can do.
As to the question of jewel prices.

Here are the results so far for 3 live searches I have going:

Having patience and keeping a search going can really pay off...
This build has really kept me interested and I'm actually buying gears for it now.
An honest question, what does the scourge do for the build? I don't see any minion nodes taken to utilize its unique mod.

Can someone please explain to me its role in the build?
"
ftw2255 wrote:
This build has really kept me interested and I'm actually buying gears for it now.
An honest question, what does the scourge do for the build? I don't see any minion nodes taken to utilize its unique mod.

imho other claw with something like 350 pDps and as increase is better then Scourge.
"
ftw2255 wrote:

Answered before. Feel free to swap it for a mirror priced rare of your choice.

EDIT: one thing to note is that it does open the opportunity to use "minions deal % increased dmg" as an option for jewels, as the claw makes it apply to you as well.
Last edited by corosou on Aug 29, 2017, 4:56:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info