[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
corosou wrote:
"
xxeocas wrote:
Heyy , I want to try and start this build on HC but , scourge is currently 70c and is way out of my reach , do you think i could run something like Wasps nest + blood seeker ? or something like bright beak + blood seeker ? Is there any way this build would still have a lot of damage without the scourge ?

I'm a fairly new player hence the lack of knowledge.

The scourge is a nice cheap weapon, but not required. You can try to get a regular rare with as much physical DPS as possible. Something around 270-300+. Allure Vaal claw can be around 280s and pretty cheap if you wanna go unique. I see some for 1-3c in hardcore. I also see rare claws with 290+ pDPS for like 10c. Just search for claws and click on "pDPS" in poe.trade to sort by that. Get the highest + cheapest u can afford.

EDIT: I was curious and decided to test. And found a good deal:

290DPS for 5c, can't complain.

Works just fine! Actually pretty nice for the added attack speed for both BF and Whirling. And can't complain about having phasing when using Vaal skills...

Ahhh awesome thanks a lot , so the build scales with pDPS and attack speed in that order ? Thanks for the quick answer appreciate it a lot !

Also what is phasing ?
Last edited by xxeocas on Aug 28, 2017, 8:06:31 PM
"
xxeocas wrote:

Ahhh awesome thanks a lot , so the build scales with pDPS and attack speed in that order ? Thanks for the quick answer appreciate it a lot !

Also what is phasing ?

I dunno about the order, but most definitely pDPS, attack speed and area of effect all play a big role. The more the better on all those.

You need to start reading the wiki to find out what things like "phasing" are. The wording in this game is extremely important. You would be wise to very carefully read about each skill you are using in the wiki so you understand fully what they do and how everything interacts:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Phasing

Last edited by corosou on Aug 28, 2017, 8:12:08 PM
I have a really stupid question. How do you equip starkonja's ? do you equip an amulet so you cam meet the requirements equip the helmet and then switch the amulet or is there a different way ? The base dex from the tree is not enough right ?
"
corosou wrote:
"
xxeocas wrote:

Also what is phasing ?

I dunno about the order, but most definitely pDPS, attack speed and area of effect all play a big role. The more the better on all those.

You need to start reading the wiki to find out what things like "phasing" are. The wording in this game is extremely important. You would be wise to very carefully read about each skill you are using in the wiki so you understand fully what they do and how everything interacts:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Phasing

Yeah for sure I actually had the wiki open but I thought it was some sort of ingame slang and not an actual buff thanks for everything !
"
viper0n wrote:
I have a really stupid question. How do you equip starkonja's ? do you equip an amulet so you cam meet the requirements equip the helmet and then switch the amulet or is there a different way ? The base dex from the tree is not enough right ?

No, that's a valid question, and yes, the answer is what you mentioned. I usually keep a rare I find along the way that gives me a bunch of stats I may need to be able to equip items that provide said stat, which I can't equip otherwise. I hoard a lot of crap... fill stashes with it, cuz I never know if I may try it for something...

Stuff like this would work:

Usually just saving a perandus belt does the trick...
Im just curious,and i know this is not a LS or something else build thread..

But did anyone tried using another skill for trash farming?
"
Deadbringer wrote:

The template is stable as it stands, the premise can work for many other skills, it's just a matter of working the math in PoB and then testing it in the field. This build was originally created using The Warchief as template, so feel free to do the same.
What should you prioritise on the tree ? Could you make some sort of tree progression I think it would help a lot of people , specially new players like myself.
"
xxeocas wrote:
What should you prioritise on the tree ? Could you make some sort of tree progression I think it would help a lot of people , specially new players like myself.

Too much hand holding. This isn't a beginner's guide. There are already hundreds of resources for that, and in this game it's a necessity to do your own research, so a step by step tree I'm sorry, but I won't do. Plus I already answered what you asked under the leveling section in the main post.
"
Deadbringer wrote:

I've tried Spectral Throw - the tree is set up for AOE/melee and not projectile so it's not an exact fit. But even after adjusting the tree slightly to drop melee/aoe and pick up projectile, spectral throw just didn't cut it; I even tried using best ST gems in a tabula to get as much DPS as possible - no dice. Perhaps some other skill might work.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 29, 2017, 6:27:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info