[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

Advise what to replace / add? Besides Belly and Death's door
I'll be honest. This is probably going to be my last build. I see no point in doing others after a lot of waffing around with RF builds, magma orb builds, summoners and etc.

It's 'melee', but hits the whole screen with increased radius (I actually prefer added fire damage as a middle ground between increased radius (no damage, and I feel the radius is large enough alone) and concentrated effect (big damage boost, but makes the radius uncomfortably tiny)), it's tanky as fuck with 8k HP and pseudo-vaal pact -and- it does a really nice damage. The pseudo-vaal pact is fucking amazing! I have no idea how I never saw that claw rear up its head until you put together this cheapo hipster uniques build.

Using your tanky PoB build and turning off all flasks and Vaal Haste it still puts the damage in the 400k-ish boosting up to close to 800k with only the cheapo flasks (screw 150c for Sin's Rebirth :p) and Vall Haste on. This is not counting using Vaal lightning trap.

Good job man, very good job
"
CedricDur wrote:
I'll be honest. This is probably going to be my last build. I see no point in doing others after a lot of waffing around with RF builds, magma orb builds, summoners and etc.

It's 'melee', but hits the whole screen with increased radius (I actually prefer added fire damage as a middle ground between increased radius (no damage, and I feel the radius is large enough alone) and concentrated effect (big damage boost, but makes the radius uncomfortably tiny)), it's tanky as fuck with 8k HP and pseudo-vaal pact -and- it does a really nice damage. The pseudo-vaal pact is fucking amazing! I have no idea how I never saw that claw rear up its head until you put together this cheapo hipster uniques build.

Using your tanky PoB build and turning off all flasks and Vaal Haste it still puts the damage in the 400k-ish boosting up to close to 800k with only the cheapo flasks (screw 150c for Sin's Rebirth :p) and Vall Haste on. This is not counting using Vaal lightning trap.

Good job man, very good job

Most kind of you!

Lol "cheapo hipster uniques build"... that made me crack up.

I agree about conc. eff. it just makes it feel clunky. I pretty much use IAoE all the time, unless I see the boss is going down too slow, then I switch it out, but for example, I switch in IAoE for Chimera because it's easier to kill the adds with it.

When I read something like this I feel I accomplished my goal. The build is strong and ridiculous cheap. Just last night a good buddy of mine started playing and wanted to check out the build, it probably took me 15mins to put together most of the items in the set, with fairly decent rolls and I spent probably 20c. I don't think there are many builds out there taking the approach I've taken, prioritizing the cheapest/strangest uniques first and then filling in the base build requirements using jewelry and jewels.

I know veterans of the game look at my build and go "wtf, 3 point jewel slots with resists and int points to get to them?? what a noob...", BUT, I feel they fail to consider that a single 4-dmg roll jewel can give you up to almost 80k DPS in a single allocated point. There is no other single point I could ever allocate that would give me such a huge boost. A single 4-dmg jewel can be better than Duality and the two nodes behind it combined, and this way I also get the resists and int I need to be able to use Bisco's. It may look weird, but mathematically, I feel I am in the right.

Funny thing is that just before 3.0 started, and I was still looking for feedback to update the build for 3.0, I donated 10bux to Mathil and had him look over what I had in PoB. At that point it was still a mess.. I had a rough draft of what I wanted to do, how to try to scale the damage, but still had items in there from when the build was poison based, so it looked weird AF. In all fairness he did try to help, but the general idea to him was just too strange to the point I flat out asked him if it was just "too much for him", which I didn't mean to come off as me saying I know more than him, I don't, not by a long shot, just that the concept of using a bunch of cheap uniques was too weird/dumb and he felt I was maybe trolling him. In the end he dismissed it, even calling it a "meme" build and that it probably would never work.

So, thank you!! It makes my day to hear you and others say good things about the build. I don't think there's been a single negative post saying the build is total shit... And I am beyond overwhelmed at the reception, the kind words, the wonderful feedback.

I feel vindicated, in a manner of speaking.. :)

EDIT: just a quick note to once again reiterate that I am fully aware I didn't do it all by myself. I have many great minds to thank for the feedback/suggestions they provided here on the thread towards the update for 3.0. you know who you are, thanks!
Last edited by corosou on Aug 26, 2017, 11:14:06 AM
Got a lot of currency built-up in the last couple days in hhc. Time to build this as my lab runner. Dumb question i know, but did you level up with bf? If not at what point you switched?

This build looks sick.
"
Bloodhatred wrote:
Got a lot of currency built-up in the last couple days in hhc. Time to build this as my lab runner. Dumb question i know, but did you level up with bf? If not at what point you switched?

This build looks sick.

You won't need much currency for it, I don't think, or hope not :) And no, I didn't lvl as BF. Just whatever I could find, start of season is always like that for me. I just go with the drops I get.

Now at this stage where you can easily get a tabula and other goodies for cheap, I level as shield charge with lycosidae, face breakers and other OP lowbie items. You basically one-shot your way through everything with shield charge and a. warchief for bosses. Very nice way to level, if you've never given it a shot. Look at the lvling guide items I list.

When to switch to BF, probably around mapping time...

Thanks for the support and GL!
To interject, I grabbed a character I had been leveling but was no longer feeling and respecced as I did the story and got my book of regrets from the quests plus eventually buying half a dozen regrets once I reached the epilogue.

At the time I was 53 but went straight to Bladeflurry and did not look back. I can see where Corosou is coming from with his advice, but even at 53, using level 1 gems I just bought from the vendor, with easily a dozen points still in the wrong places, I was still cleaning up while dealing with the spam of the gems leveling up at breakneck speed.

If you're like me who does not like waiting until level 60+ to 'switch' to the build you intended to play then give it a go as soon as you have access to BF. If it's not working then sure, shield charge to victory.
"
CedricDur wrote:
To interject, I grabbed a character I had been leveling but was no longer feeling and respecced as I did the story and got my book of regrets from the quests plus eventually buying half a dozen regrets once I reached the epilogue.

At the time I was 53 but went straight to Bladeflurry and did not look back. I can see where Corosou is coming from with his advice, but even at 53, using level 1 gems I just bought from the vendor, with easily a dozen points still in the wrong places, I was still cleaning up while dealing with the spam of the gems leveling up at breakneck speed.

If you're like me who does not like waiting until level 60+ to 'switch' to the build you intended to play then give it a go as soon as you have access to BF. If it's not working then sure, shield charge to victory.

Cool, cool, thx for the info.

I forgot to mention I did level as BF in beta, and it worked out pretty well, but I did it cuz a Mortem Morsu dropped very early in the game for me, so it made sense.
Yeah, i really like to play the aimed skill when i get it. I'll probably level with BF as soon as i get it. Or around lvl 40 max. The leveling twink items are usually cheap. Expensive thigns are scourge and death's door mainly. Scourge is 75c in hc at the moment. Boots go for 125c.

Luckily i planned and i'm ready to buy :). Really wanna spend time in uber lab with this character. Can't wait.
"
corosou wrote:
"
CedricDur wrote:

Cool, cool, thx for the info.

I forgot to mention I did level as BF in beta, and it worked out pretty well, but I did it cuz a Mortem Morsu dropped very early in the game for me, so it made sense.

hello , What should I replace? Damage is small
Started playing this build yesterday, and I'm just amazed. Really smooth gameplay, levelling was pretty much painless (switched to BF as soon as I could, everything died in a matter of seconds). First build that I played that managed to complete merciless lab at lv 58 WITH EASE, and with all the right items I can see it becoming really powerful. Kudos to the guide creator, this is an all-time favorite :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info