[3.1] SHAPER Kill __ 14675 HP___7000 HP regen_Tanky Righteous Fire 1 million+ DPS

"
Thomasmgp wrote:
would Berserker be the best choice now? Sorry if this was answered earlier

I would say no. But feel free to try it and tell us how it feels the 10% increased damage taken with constant cry spam to stay alive.
Seriously, I did not try berseker. Saw Pohx vids on youtube and I am not impress. He needs team to kill Chimera (which is stupid easy for me as cheftain) and in first minute he almost died twice.
I explained already that I preffer a relaxed play style, not spamming skills just to stay alive.
Zerker is probably faster (but not necessarily better) for general mapping. At the end of the day both builds reach a point where everything melts nearly instantly. It then becomes a matter of which build moves faster. Hard to compete with the speed of shield charge in Pohx's build. However, I think it's silly to center an RF build around mapping. If it's fun for you then sure go for it, but there are far better builds out there for sheer map clear speed. The zerker version struggles on bosses for sure. Chieftain takes the cake there.
Last edited by Demonzu on Aug 14, 2017, 2:54:52 PM
if I wanted to go Low Life then Guardian probably best choice?
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 14, 2017, 3:54:17 PM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
if I wanted to go Low Life then Guardian probably best choice?

yes
Since we usually take other people's builds and spoil them fitting to our style of play...

At the moment, the 6-slot 5-link belly of the beast is much cheaper than the kaom's heart. Not a bad start option. I think it would be a good idea to use the kaom's roots boots?

How about this gem setup?
SR totem in the Doon,
Melee skill-Fortify-Increased crit in the RoF,
RF in the helm or the gloves,
Lightning Warp-Less Duration-Cast Speed-(blood magic?) in the last 4-link,
Blasphemy-Flammability-PoF-Vitality-Enlighten + Enduring Cry in the chest.

The main idea is that the lightning warp allows us to move around being considered stationary (and frees one property on the ring since it proc EE). That allows us to use a Tukohama instead of an Abberath in the Pantheon for 0.5-2% regen and additional physical resistance. Can it work?
I've hit a wall in T6 last night, died too many times. Any feedback on priority items to upgrade that would be appreciated. I only have about 40 Chaos at the moment.
"
Solipso wrote:
Since we usually take other people's builds and spoil them fitting to our style of play...

At the moment, the 6-slot 5-link belly of the beast is much cheaper than the kaom's heart. Not a bad start option. I think it would be a good idea to use the kaom's roots boots?

How about this gem setup?
SR totem in the Doon,
Melee skill-Fortify-Increased crit in the RoF,
RF in the helm or the gloves,
Lightning Warp-Less Duration-Cast Speed-(blood magic?) in the last 4-link,
Blasphemy-Flammability-PoF-Vitality-Enlighten + Enduring Cry in the chest.

The main idea is that the lightning warp allows us to move around being considered stationary (and frees one property on the ring since it proc EE). That allows us to use a Tukohama instead of an Abberath in the Pantheon for 0.5-2% regen and additional physical resistance. Can it work?

If you stay stationary 4 sec to receive max bonus. But you have to hit things with melee for fortify and that will breake your stationarity, even if you try a simple attack, because mobs move and you click on it and your toon will move after mob. Very hard to stay stationary in this game. Is one of the reasons I don't use AA in my setup.
"
swiftwilly wrote:
I've hit a wall in T6 last night, died too many times. Any feedback on priority items to upgrade that would be appreciated. I only have about 40 Chaos at the moment.

Get a better armour. Till you can have kaom, use a belly. Is the next best thing. And usually avoit to have too much ES on you. You burn your self for 70% of your ES, but that degeneration is taken from life not from ES. So if you got too much ES it will diminish you net HP gain.

After you get a better armour (hell even an armour base will be better than that ES you wear), next thing should be a coral ring instead of ruby and a better life ammulet.
Your main goal should be to get an essence crafted glove/helm. Huge boost of damage. If they are too expensive try to get an essence and pick an white high ilvl armour base glove or helm and craft your self. Even if the result is not great it should allow you to carry thru maps. The only bad thing that can happend is to get gloves with fire attacks on them.
"
swiftwilly wrote:

Hmm, not my experience with the build, but okay.

- You can start by adding Life Gain on Hit on Cyclone, that -really- helps. I think this alone will make a lot of difference right away.

- Remove Empower from Purity and Vitality. At level one you gain no benefits and only add to the mana reserved. Put your Golem there. Place your Empower leveling on your weapon swap.

- Finish getting Arsonist, you should have it already. I think you forgot to put the last point there.

- On that same theme start buying jewels. You'll get more from them than anywhere else, but be prepared to pay at least 15c a piece. You have way too many 'wasted' 5% nodes (not actually wasted, but priorities, man), 7% life and at least 16 or 17% burning beats any 5% HP node.

- Consider an Ambu's Charge, even four linked. It's almost made for RF.

- Your Enduring Cry ought to be linked with Increased Duration. Using it a second before hitting a pack of monsters pretty much nullifies their alpha strike.

- Finish grabbing your extra Endurance charges. Just south of Barbarism you have the 0.2% regen per endurance charge, two more charges would mean 1.4% regen per second between it, two more charges and your 0.5% from the ascendency.

- Consider mapping with Concentrated Effect. It's not the popular choice, but Concentrated Effort gives damage, Increased Area only increases the radius and gives no damage.

- If you're having trouble with resistances consider grabbing Diamond Skin. It's just two points and can easily be respeced later.

- On the same subject, Goldrim. I've wanted to remove it for something else for a while now, but I'm having a hard time letting go of the 38% to all resistances.

- Your gloves give almost nothing of interest other than the Life. Consider Meginord gloves, maybe? No life (though the 100 str adds some) but you'll get more regen.

- Kaom's boots are a lot cheaper than the Kaom plate, and are an immediate 500-600 HP + can't be slowed, can't be frozen, can't be stunned. You'll need to make decisions regarding which gems to keep though.

- If you say you're dying a lot then consider changing Flammability for Enfeeble or some other appropriate debuffing curse.

Thank you Piftiuta and Cedric. Time to save up for that Belly!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info