[3.1] SHAPER Kill __ 14675 HP___7000 HP regen_Tanky Righteous Fire 1 million+ DPS

Did anyone complete hall of heroes map with chieftain RF build? I'm lvl90 w/ 11k life, maxed res, and got pretty much 1shotted by some lvl93 blast rain or something near the end of one branch of the hallls.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Did anyone complete hall of heroes map with chieftain RF build? I'm lvl90 w/ 11k life, maxed res, and got pretty much 1shotted by some lvl93 blast rain or something near the end of one branch of the hallls.

Dunno if Piftiuta can do it but I don't. I die pretty fast, or I encounter an immortal guy (that can't kill me neither...so I just walk away).

This map is unfair for most of the builds out there.

edit : Frost bomb is nice against regen, 75% less life regen in zone, but as for the burst pikes I dunno what to do.
Last edited by Dezosseur on Aug 3, 2017, 7:49:12 AM
Hi @all,

i ever wanted to try a RF build, so ill be going to test this out with 3.0.

It would be great if someone could explain me the mechanic of EE in this build and how you apply it exactly and why the fireres isnt highered cause of the RF ticks all the time.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Bernhart
EE makes us do 50% more damage to elemental damage if we hit something with a different element. RF is fire damage. So the OP has a ring that does a little bit of cold damage and by hitting a mob with Cyclone it triggers EE on the enemy.

I have some crappy boots that do lightning damage, but it's the same thing. What is important is to NEVER hit a mob with fire damage, as that would make the enemy take LESS 25% damage. So be careful that there is no fire damage on your weapon or other equipment.

As for the fire resistances they are at 89% thanks to a super boosted Purity of Fire and the shield. Myself with crap gear have 84%.
Last edited by CedricDur on Aug 3, 2017, 1:54:20 PM
Hi Cedric,

thank you for your answer.

So do i understand that right, that the damage of RF doesnt count as fire dmg hit in case of EE resi calculations?

Best regards
Bernhart
Correct. When in doubt follow the guide, Pituifa knows what he is talking about.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892353/page/2#p14493885 has excellent starter gear suggestions. I followed most of these and start on RF by level 27.

Apologies if this has been asked, but has anyone made a comparison between bandit choices for 3.0? It appears that Oak and Kill All are the two major choices, even though we don't use Oak for increased phys dmg. I want to take Oak simply for the life regen and phys dmg reduction, but I'm not sure if those extra two points would be more useful than the raw stats. Is one choice clearly better or is it up to individual preference?
Last edited by TastyGoldfish on Aug 3, 2017, 3:38:44 PM
"
Apologies if this has been asked, but has anyone made a comparison between bandit choices for 3.0? It appears that Oak and Kill All are the two major choices, even though we don't use Oak for increased phys dmg. I want to take Oak simply for the life regen and phys dmg reduction, but I'm not sure if those extra two points would be more useful than the raw stats. Is one choice clearly better or is it up to individual preference?

I honestly think it's more personal preference, as the two skill points, while you might miss them, that 1% regen and the phys damage reduction, you can't really get those ANYWHERE else.
"
kh4zz wrote:
I saw people using scorching ray in Doon with a spell totem in here and wonder, wouldnt this trigger EE and therefore reduce overall Fire damage?

I didn't see this question answered and am asking this myself, too.
Can someone explain please.

Edit: (Why is my text inside the quote box?)
Last edited by Gorgarnar on Aug 4, 2017, 9:55:40 AM
holy fire talent is buffed in 3.0 giving 60% increased burning damage, the 2 points before gives 20% increased burning damage each, would be better to lose 16% armor 20 int and 2 jewels for this 100% increased burning damage?

edit: just 16% armor and 2 jewels for that 100% increased burning damage
Last edited by erjam on Aug 4, 2017, 10:26:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info