Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit. Monstrous Treasure shenanigans.

"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Hey, everyone, let's play Semantics Tonight!

Circle-strafe around the words and definitions all you want, but the only reason you posted this was to see how many other loons agree that exploiting is okay.

You can't play semantics with an op who goes back to edit his initial post after people have already responded to it. For reference, my comment on the first page was made when his post was worded entirely differently.
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Also, making prophecies not suck would be nice after both MT and ROTC were gutted.

Hahaha good luck

When prophecy ended GGG said that this content has so much potential that they would keep it as core content and keep tweaking and improving it

3 leagues later... NADA

Legacy would be a fine league but since reusing all older content is Nice, but if that content is shit or obsolete.. its way less nice...

I'm just baffled they added this to Standard "here's some extra content like getting 2 more ways to obtain a Roth's Reach"

The fuck

Well I was farming Prophecies for a week or so. I was getting multiple Jeweller's touch, multiple Monstrous Treasures, many Twice Enchanted, Death Opus, Astramentis and other expensive prophecies / items each day. Not to mention tons of useful stuff like Possesed Foe, Beautiful Guide or Mysterious Gift that can also be sold for decent profit (specially when in bulks). Even when all Prophecie chains will be completely useless (you can sell them for good profit now, because there is challenge for that) Prophecie farm will still be profitable. Not to mention dat Fated Connections / Trash to Treasure. It's tedious gambling with low risk / huge reward.

So prophecies make perfect sense in the game for me.

There is things you can do with prophecies most people don't even know about yet...

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Hey, everyone, let's play Semantics Tonight!

Circle-strafe around the words and definitions all you want, but the only reason you posted this was to see how many other loons agree that exploiting is okay.

You can't play semantics with an op who goes back to edit his initial post after people have already responded to it. For reference, my comment on the first page was made when his post was worded entirely differently.

No, Topic itself matured. From WTF RIP Monstrous Treasure to discussion about "Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit."
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 19, 2017, 9:26:50 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
No, Topic itself matured. From WTF RIP Monstrous Treasure to discussion about "Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit."

No, you changed the topic and wording of your post because you realized you'd get banned if you didn't. You edited the OP roughly 7 hours after you posted it, and also edited your response to me after...... Why would you edit your responses to people just because "the topic matured"? Zero sense made.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

No, you changed the topic and wording of your post because you realized you'd get banned if you didn't. You edited the OP roughly 7 hours after you posted it, and also edited your response to me after...... Why would you edit your responses to people just because "the topic matured"? Zero sense made.

I like when Op edits his insults too, guess because he matured lol
Spreading salt since 2006
The only thing that gets me every time i see a company banning players for doing something that the company itself allow them to.

It's no one's fault but the coders that work at said company.

Every time a company bans someone for expoipting their game in ANYWAY (even duping) is a negative score for that company that i give.

Its really sad to me what GGG did to the players that exploited those legacy stones and now this..

That's why
ey
"
Necromael wrote:
Also, in ToS it is clearly said, any change that devs do, that is intended and they have all rights to say what you can and can't do, despite if it's possible or not possible to do ingame.

If they like, devs can permaban you for writing 12345 and you agreed to that by creating your account.

So what is there left to discuss then? Exploit is what devs say that exploit is...

Yikes, that is a true peon's attitude: "Boss says X, so X is right, no matter how crazy X is". Please differentiate between legally correct and ethically correct.

I think people should not ever be banned for exploiting program bugs which don't overload/crash the server or take stuff from other players. If some mechanic has unintended side effects, it is up to the devs to fix it as soon as sensible.

Where do you draw the line between clever and exploitative?

Example: Vaccuum farming was insanely effective, probably the single most broken loot pinata in the history of wraeclast. So they fixed it and did not ban anyone for having done it.
Example 2: When people figured you could hunt for masters and vaal areas by watching the area loading time, GGG fixed that without banning people for it.
Example 3: Mirror arrow clones used to have your life values and were OP suicide bombers if you had the "unstable minions" notable. This was simply overlooked by the devs and fixed without any bans.

The latest two cases (prophecies and leaguestones removal during loading time) are not qualitatively different from these examples, at most quantitatively different. Yet they resulted in bans?! Jeez, tell your QA and balancing teams to step up their game, fix the known exploitable bugs and move on.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
inuke wrote:
The only thing that gets me every time i see a company banning players for doing something that the company itself allow them to.

It's no one's fault but the coders that work at said company.

Every time a company bans someone for expoipting their game in ANYWAY (even duping) is a negative score for that company that i give.

Its really sad to me what GGG did to the players that exploited those legacy stones and now this..

That's why

With that logic, I guess you're ok with people taking money out of the bank in Monopoly... after all, they didn't make the game so that you couldn't.
"
Necromael wrote:

Also, in ToS it is clearly said, any change that devs do, that is intended and they have all rights to say what you can and can't do, despite if it's possible or not possible to do ingame.

If they like, devs can permaban you for writing 12345 and you agreed to that by creating your account.

So you're telling me that if tomorrow they decide (insert anything you like) we can all be permabanned?

The dictator mentality in this game company is real!!!

Fuck that.
It is so in any online game company, it is nothing new.

Game company as such has to protect their own interests. If they have to ban exploiters to do so, they will make such decisions and appropriate measures.

It is up to them what they will decide that is a bannable offense. In most cases it will be something that anyone would agree, but in some cases it won't be so.

Any time before criticizing try to put yourself in position of a game company developer/admin and think would you allow anything even less to pass up or would you ban?

Then ask yourself what would happen if you become too lenient or too strict.

Balance has to be kept, and I believe GGG strives to do it as best as they can.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Apr 19, 2017, 11:14:49 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

You need to prove that things tat was working liek that for years are for some reason now unintentional.

Answer this: Did YOU actually think that the reduced loading time for a map when proc'ing the prophecy is intentional? Did YOU think that GGG on purpose reduced the loading time for people to discover. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 19, 2017, 11:21:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info