Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit. Monstrous Treasure shenanigans.

"
Patch_Notes wrote:
Fixed an exploit where it could be determined if the Monstrous Treasure Prophecy had
triggered on a map while you were still able to cancel consumption of the map.

Where exactly is this line? Will GGG ever be transparent with us on the matter of exploits and where this line is?

This was as close to thin line between "Clever use of game Mechanis" and Explot as it gets.

But let's talk about it for a moment. Afaik exploit is when something working as not intended and player gets advantage of it. What exactly working here as not intended?

Map loading faster if there is no monsters? No, it's not - there is less stuff to load, map naturally will load faster.

Prophecie not proccing before map loaded? No, this is how prophecies work.

Ability to pull map from map device before it loaded? No, this is how it always worked.

So why exactly not using any unintended mechanic is exploit again?...

They only not intended thing is that you actually can benefit from it - i.e. use game mechanics for your advantage. Also known as Clever use of game meachanics...

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 19, 2017, 9:14:48 AM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2017, 3:09:22 AM
oh no we can't exploit anymore
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I stopped donating completely because Chris had said in a private email it was a bannable offense and GGG support would not tell me if they'd make good on that threat.

Also, making prophecies not suck would be nice after both MT and ROTC were gutted.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 19, 2017, 2:21:04 AM
Yeah, fuck them for not letting us exploit the game. Those bastards.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Why would you make a thread showing off about doing something that GGG has publicly said they consider to be an exploit? If you don't like your account you can just stop using it, no need to ask for a ban.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Why would you make a thread showing off about doing something that GGG has publicly said they consider to be an exploit? If you don't like your account you can just stop using it, no need to ask for a ban.

?
"
Phrazz wrote:
Yeah, fuck them for not letting us exploit the game. Those bastards.

Map with Monstrous Treasure was naturally requiring less time to load then map without it, because well this is how game works (suprprise surprise) - monsters in boxes = less stuff to load or whatever. And you can pull map out of map device, before it loaded completely. You can pull out any map like that. This is literally just how process of loading map work. There was multiple video guides and never ever I seen official response from GGG on the materr meaning they are content with it. This was clever use of game mechanics for a year, now it's suddenly labeled as Exploit lol.

There is very thin line between "Clever game mechanics use" and Exploits and it's as close to it as it gets.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 19, 2017, 4:39:48 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

?

You literally quoted them calling it an exploit in your op......
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

?

You literally quoted them calling it an exploit in your op......

?

Yeah, today.

Who said that I had anything to do with it though?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 19, 2017, 5:12:05 AM
I can't imagine how anyone can think that this sort of thing was meant to be used like that.

"
"You see how the fps drops right here? That means a vaal area was generated."
"And you think we're supposed to be able to know that without actually looking around the area?"
"Yeah? Of course we are."

"
"Hold on, where's the blood magic gem?"
"Don't need it, I can get the passive node, activate the auras and then refund the node and activate the other auras on mana."
"So you're getting blood magic without having a support gem, passive node or item give it to you? And only for some of your auras?"
"Yep."
"That's messed up, you can't do that."
"Well why not?"
"Because you're getting blood magic for free whenever you choose?"
"Nuh uh. I'm having to spend orbs of regret on this."
"That's not what I- Fuck it, we're not friends anymore."
"You thought we were friends? I was just using you for the extra master dailies."

"
"Oh hey. I can take the legacy stones out before the portals open and they won't lose a charge."
"That can't be right."
"Of course it is. Why else would I be able to do it?"

"
"I'm telling you man, robbing the elderly is okay."
"No! No it's not!"
"Then why haven't I been arrested yet?"
*sirens*
"This is totally unfair!"
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Apr 19, 2017, 6:03:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info