Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit. Monstrous Treasure shenanigans.

Isn't this almost on the same level as tracing/sniffing server packets/traffic?
Some exploits are more severe than others and could result in a straight ban if they deem necessary.
I have an Alien pet.
how can we know if its maybe the unknown effect of albino feathers or not???

you cant make rules on this stuff when its a major design choice to have obscure object interactions

... dumb devs...
Last edited by CaoMengde on Apr 20, 2017, 12:47:13 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Tell me, if this is not an exploit, what is?

You misunderstood my point: Everybody knows it's an exploit, no doubt about it. I just believe that exploiting sloppy code should not be a bannable offense (as long as it doesn't directly hurt others, like hacking their account or crashing servers). No, it should be a wake-up call for the devs and their QA efforts.

So, it does boil down to a simple difference of opinion: When should a player be punished for making use of unintended side effects/bugs of game mechanics/code? And here I think GGG should be a lot more lenient than you think they should. That is all.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
There was a time where people keep on exploiting the snapshot mechanics. Summoner would wear their minion gear and get their summons before switching back to their real gear.
It was featured in most of the forum guides. GGG clearly didnt intend that mechanics but didnt ban anybody for it.
The issue is that no one knows which exploits are bannable and which are are 'use it while you can'.

Anyone remember soul mantle shaper farming?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Randomzx wrote:
There was a time where people keep on exploiting the snapshot mechanics. Summoner would wear their minion gear and get their summons before switching back to their real gear.
It was featured in most of the forum guides. GGG clearly didnt intend that mechanics but didnt ban anybody for it.

Are you kidding? They literally featured it as a build of the week, encouraging people to do it. They say it wasn't intended but is completely valid within the game rules. They explicitly said that, word for word so there would be no confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaBsJT85c4Q

Edit; Also just to add, snapshotting was openly discussed on the forums, and GGG made it abundantly clear that it would be allowed until it was nerfed. The situation isn't comparable.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Apr 20, 2017, 1:43:32 AM
So there's tons of mechanics not intended and they get to choose which one gets banned for arbitrary reasons
Why is this thread 7 page long? Its ridiculous.

"
Randomzx wrote:
So there's tons of mechanics not intended and they get to choose which one gets banned for arbitrary reasons

Arbitrary reasons? Clearly anything related to abusing instance creation of some kind and completely buy-passing resources (leaguestone, prohpecy) is an exploit. Like it was already said, the snapshot mechanic was acknowledged and allowed for a while since it used gear and gems in an odd but "ok" way for GGG.

Seriously this thread is ridiculous. How can people lie to themselves so much that they feel the need to justify what is clearly cheating.
I know next to nothing about this exploit (and I'm sure I won't get answers asking since it's obviously not allowed), but if it's something that abuses a technical error and causes a disagreement in client/serer sync or abuses disconnecting then I don't see how that isn't a well defined line.
"
Nephalim wrote:
The issue is that no one knows which exploits are bannable and which are are 'use it while you can'.

Anyone remember soul mantle shaper farming?

Well, if your "blurred lines"-detector is intact, it should be a very simple task to contact support. As many in here have said, they KNOW it's an exploit, but instead of just asking, they use it as much as they can while they can, without seeking any VALID information. A simple, little e-mail:

"Excuse me, good Sir, but I believe I've found an exploit in your code. Can I be banned for using this?"

Instead of the; "I will exploit everything there is to exploit to gain an advantage, and if it's bannable, someone ought to tell me directly"-approach.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info