The Son of God:

"
Kamchatka wrote:

No Legitimate Christian scholar, Protestant, Catholic or Orthodox would consider the Gnostics as Christians. The Gnostics were heretics in the 1st and 2nd century trying to undermine the Apostles and their successors.

The fact that you are implying Gnostics were Christians shows any Christian, of any denomination, that talking to you is a waste of time. You are here to lie, deceive, attack and undermine Christianity, much like a Gnostic actually.

The fact that you are implying that Gnostics are what I meant, instead of any other differing of early christian dogma, shows that talking to you is a waste of time, because you don't even know the history of your own religion.

Still waiting on who that Universal Church might be though.
yo whatever god u guys believe in can u tell him to not give me viruses anymore because im sick af right now why did ur god even create that crap

anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:
yo whatever god u guys believe in can u tell him to not give me viruses anymore because im sick af right now why did ur god even create that crap

They are so naive they don't even realize their god is actually the devil.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
idc if it is the devil, pls pray for me

i was in the ER at 3am wednesday morn
anything is everything
"
BodyHammer01 wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:

No Legitimate Christian scholar, Protestant, Catholic or Orthodox would consider the Gnostics as Christians. The Gnostics were heretics in the 1st and 2nd century trying to undermine the Apostles and their successors.

The fact that you are implying Gnostics were Christians shows any Christian, of any denomination, that talking to you is a waste of time. You are here to lie, deceive, attack and undermine Christianity, much like a Gnostic actually.

The fact that you are implying that Gnostics are what I meant, instead of any other differing of early christian dogma, shows that talking to you is a waste of time, because you don't even know the history of your own religion.

Still waiting on who that Universal Church might be though.

Mixing subtle lies with truth is classic gnosticism. Jesus started one universal Church and sent the Apostles out to spread the good news. Over time some Christians chose to leave the Universal church, and start new denominations for various reasons, as we know, but Jesus never started multiple churches, there was only one universal church at the start, every legitimate Christian scholar knows and accepts this.

Obviously there is disagreement over which church today is the actual universal church started by Jesus. Eastern Orthodox would state they are, and Catholics state they are, but no one actually teaches or believes Jesus started multiple denominations.
Last edited by Kamchatka on May 12, 2017, 6:34:57 AM
"
Kamchatka wrote:

Mixing subtle lies with truth is classic gnosticism. Jesus started one universal Church and sent the Apostles out to spread the good news. Over time some Christians chose to leave the Universal church, and start new denominations for various reasons, as we know, but Jesus never started multiple churches, there was only one universal church at the start, every legitimate Christian scholar knows and accepts this.

Obviously there is disagreement over which church today is the actual universal church started by Jesus. Eastern Orthodox would state they are, and Catholics state they are, but no one actually teaches or believes Jesus started multiple denominations.

No one said Jesus started multiple denominations. The first christians were former jews, I don't think we would disagree there. The first christians still used the old testament as their source, as is detailed in the new testament itself. Logically you cannot teach christians New Testament cannon which does not exist yet and is currently unfolding as you are being taught. What was known of Jesus was spread orally.

Now remember that we are discussing this due to my point that there were disagreements in christianity from the beginning of christianity. We know for a fact that there are glaring inconsistencies within the 4 major gospels themselves. We are even more certain that the original apostles disagreed with Pauls teachings, not least among these disagreements was preaching to the gentiles, which Jesus specifically tells his apostles not to do in Matthew 10:5. Paul himself refers to these conflicts in Acts. Operating off of this alone we are talking what, 15... 20 years after the death of Jesus?
"
BodyHammer01 wrote:

No one said Jesus started multiple denominations. The first christians were former jews, I don't think we would disagree there. The first christians still used the old testament as their source, as is detailed in the new testament itself. Logically you cannot teach christians New Testament cannon which does not exist yet and is currently unfolding as you are being taught. What was known of Jesus was spread orally.

Now remember that we are discussing this due to my point that there were disagreements in christianity from the beginning of christianity. We know for a fact that there are glaring inconsistencies within the 4 major gospels themselves. We are even more certain that the original apostles disagreed with Pauls teachings, not least among these disagreements was preaching to the gentiles, which Jesus specifically tells his apostles not to do in Matthew 10:5. Paul himself refers to these conflicts in Acts. Operating off of this alone we are talking what, 15... 20 years after the death of Jesus?

Everything you state here is completely wrong. You are an obvious gnostic, mixing subtle lies within truth.

Obviously The new testament was not written down by Jesus. The new covenant was originally oral teachings passed down to the people, through the apostles, from Jesus. There were no disagreements among the Apostles about Paul, that is a blatant lie. You are taking one verse in Matthew out of context to create false theology.

This is the second time you have taken one verse out of context to create a lie in an attempt to undermine Christianity. It is extremely obvious now, to any Christian, Protestant, Orthodox or Catholic, that your only purpose here is to spread lies and attack Christianity.
Last edited by Kamchatka on May 12, 2017, 5:19:59 PM
Hahahaha. Okay buddy. Live in your cute little fantasy world then I guess. I'm a liar so that you don't ever have to question your beliefs or even bother investigating them. I'll forgo the story of me spending 28 years as a christian only to have my introduction to seminary validate the concerns I already had.

If you are going to keep accusing people of being gnostics as least take a few minutes to actually look up what a gnostic is. It's not even remotely related to anything at hand now and I can only assume this is a weak attempt to subvert an argument that you clearly are not equipped to handle with a baseless and nonsensical attempt at an insult.

Read. Your. Bible. Everything I've stated above is commonly understood by anyone who has done the slightest bit of research. This more than anything is telling of your obvious cognitive dissonance.
Last edited by BodyHammer01 on May 12, 2017, 11:09:01 PM
I'd be interested if any of the Christians here have a response to my post on the previous page.
"
BodyHammer01 wrote:
Hahahaha. Okay buddy. Live in your cute little fantasy world then I guess. I'm a liar so that you don't ever have to question your beliefs or even bother investigating them. I'll forgo the story of me spending 28 years as a christian only to have my introduction to seminary validate the concerns I already had.

If you are going to keep accusing people of being gnostics as least take a few minutes to actually look up what a gnostic is. It's not even remotely related to anything at hand now and I can only assume this is a weak attempt to subvert an argument that you clearly are not equipped to handle with a baseless and nonsensical attempt at an insult.

Read. Your. Bible. Everything I've stated above is commonly understood by anyone who has done the slightest bit of research. This more than anything is telling of your obvious cognitive dissonance.

First off, If any of this was true you would not have taken one line of a poem from Psalms, out of context, and attempted to spread lies and undermine Christianity in such a way.

If there is any truth to this, I am sorry that you have been deceived about the truth of Christianity at some point, I will pray that you go to an Eastern Orthodox or Catholic Church and find out the truth of Christianity.

If what you say is true, you are living proof of why having 20,000-30,000 different Protestant churches all coming up with radically different "Bible alone" theologies is undermining the true message of Jesus Christ.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info