Legacy League Statistics

People are not serious. Most of this "buthurt" posts are from people who are not thinking enough. This research are pretty accurate. Most of leaguestones are pretty affordable, so excuses like "i'm not finding enough leaguestones" are very lame. Even if you consider price for breach, onslaugh and nemesis leaguestones (12c total) you are getting way more profit than what you are paying. I'm counting every currency and valuable item drops from each stone before putting it into stash, and the numbers shows clearly that per 1 breachstone (4c) I get about 7-8c (3-4c profit) just in form of currency, not counting rare uniques.

Statistics are very important tool to see the significance differences. Maybe from normal player perspective (people who don't know much about how statistics work) it doesn't seem legit, but actually it gives VERY accurate data.

Sure that I agree that some leaguestones don't provide same rewards as others, but I think this is normal. You can't expect to get same rewards from everything, some things will be always more better and valuable than other things. And it's impossible to balance everything perfectly, there always will be someone who will came up with the best system to farm. By balancing one item you always make other item disbalanced.

I think this Legacy league is the most important league in history of PoE. It's the best way to see the interactions of all leagues in one game. I'm sure that the amount of data they get in this league will provide a lot of information on balance, performance e.t.c. We are kind of beta testers in this league, because all this crazy interactions, combinations that players can come up with, is impossible to do with limited numbers not only alfa-testers but even beta-testers.

By the way, for people who says "It's not that breach league is good, but the drops are better", I completely disagree with that statement. This is one of the most, if not The most interesting league.

Sorry again for my English. And I doubt that most of people here will read the whole post.
Last edited by overdrag on Apr 13, 2017, 10:39:47 AM
"
overdrag wrote:
This research are pretty accurate

This research stays away from some facts. For example: 1000 map challenge. Many players, especially who got 39 already, just fill slots by random stones. No matter that it be - just fill and run map to get +1 in count.

So... how many uses specific leaguestone get without that forced uses by challenge? I think it was less than 1%, and breach-perandus-nemesis will have more percentages.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
If you knew the number of people playing this game, you wouldn't count people who completed 39 of 40 challenges. I'm sure less than 1% of players reached 39 challenges, yeah, don't be surprised. If you look at the data that have been released in all other games about % of players per % of content finished, as ex:League of Legends, Hearthstone (they released article about how many % of players reach 20, 15, 10, 5, Legend) you will see the same picture over and over. Most of players (more than 60-70% http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/15955974/hearthside-chat-youre-better-than-you-think-9-18-2014) never reach even half of completion. Even though I "casually" reached 10-5 playing for fun, but nevertheless I was in top 10% of players (wow! I'm pretty good). Well I don't know what is the situation in PoE, but i'm sure that it's close to this numbers. I can add more, most of people NEVER read reddit and forums. It would be very interesting if GGG posted same kind of data.

What about stones that are forced by challenge? I think it's okay to "force" (even though it's not actually forcing). In my opinion they should add even more challenges and harder ones (also interesting ones). But it is just additional "not important" stuff to the game.

I personally hope that next "filler" league will be cut-throat league where anyone can enter your map and slaughter you. And collecting pieces of body parts (ears? remember Diablo 2) then a system where you can convert them to valuable items.
Last edited by overdrag on Apr 13, 2017, 10:36:06 AM
Breach Please......
BEST GAME EVER
"
overdrag wrote:
If you knew the number of people playing this game, you wouldn't count people who completed 39 of 40 challenges.

You just can't see.

"
DoEFotGS wrote:
This research stays away from some facts

"
DoEFotGS wrote:
facts

It means multiple quantity of them. My example - just one of them.

"
overdrag wrote:
I personally hope that next "filler" league will be cut-throat league where anyone can enter your map and slaughter you.

Oh, yeah. If you planed started not a Freeze pulse caster - better desigion is starting not a first day. Why? Because game has no balance at all.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by DoEFotGS on Apr 13, 2017, 11:02:39 AM
"
DoEFotGS wrote:

Oh, yeah. If you planed started not a Freeze pulse caster - better desigion is starting not a first day. Why? Because game has no balance at all.

Well, sorry for not being "Advanced" player, but aren't' "cannot be frozen" mod helps against such builds? Like I said, the game can't be perfectly balanced. Even if you look at the games like League of Legends, they release balance patch notes every several weeks and yet every patch there is OP champions. Actually this will help to balance game even better, since the best balancing can be only human against human, since mobs are so straightforward and predictable.
Last edited by overdrag on Apr 13, 2017, 11:23:47 AM
ok so this is gonna sound rough...i just want to make it clear that i love poe and thank you for making such a great game...BUT

Legacy league is more like breach league 2.5...and the legacy items drop rates of items that is of actually value and rewarding is so shitty that i feel scammed I cant wait for 3.0 please make it actually rewarding for time spent farming and not just a whole bunch of filler broken promises i have open over 20 keys and all have been shit i would expect at least 1 good item and i know rng is rng but when the rates are so low its call fked rng AKA SCAM
Also i have been playing this game since beta and this is my 1st time buying a support pack because I was very excited to have a chance to get legacy items but i guess it was just a scam at least it feels like it
bring an auction house already! this stone age trade system is pure trash and killing the fun
delete pls, my mouse bugged
Last edited by maxlmantis on Apr 13, 2017, 2:34:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info