Developer Q&A - Answers Part 4

"
faelanae wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
its not a fix, but if you highlight their name in the chat window and press ctrl+c you can then switch characters and ctrl+v paste their name back into chat rather than friend them. Make sit a little easier.

Would be better if we could just scroll up and see all the chat we made before we switched chars tho.

omg. I am teh dum. yes, that WOULD make things a bit easier instead of my writing everything down on a piece of paper.

Thanks for nothing, college education :P

If you are doing that then look up POE Whisper Notifier or POE Trades Helper. The first you can set to pick up all whispers and keep a log, make a sound and its completely external to the game. I haven't tried switching characters with Trades Helper yet to see if that retains the information but I see no reason why it shouldn't.
Thx for answers!
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
oh look more retarded carefully handpicked questions no ones cares about...

loved the "we don't have the money" blabla response tbh..
you sure as hell found the money to invest in console crap tho,
did it fell from the sky than..??

IGN: Bluntexile
Hi all, i just want to ask about sextant if theres any chance to make it work like chisel, so you can use it in every map. Sextant really amazing. If you guys dont want sextant to be cheap, then make it expensive, I mean sextant cant never be drop to any shape maps, white sextant can only be drop on non shape t11-t12, yellow on t13-t14, red t15-t16. I guess its all fair enough to every body. What i see for now Sextant ruin the higher tier. Thx.
No effect filter yet? I have been away for a long time and returned to find Loot Filters. Really fantastic, but there should also be one for effects. Once I start getting lots of stuff happening on the screen.. PoE becomes a slideshow, kind of like it used to since I played in open beta. I would have thought this might be addressed all these years later. Crossing fingers and hoping :)
"
Why are bosses given complete immunity to certain ailments rather than "reduced effectiveness" or "Unaffected by X"? The latter prevents bosses from being trivialized, while also not gimping legitimate builds that rely on targets simply being under those ailments.

The team intend to tone down or remove outright immunities, potentially as early as 3.0.0. This requires other solutions to the same problems, which are under development.

This answer makes me worried. I hope you're not about to intentionally dumb down PoE for the console players.

I love how PoE handled difficulty levels so far. How there are parts which become much easier to handle as you level up and parts which are just as hard later as they were the first time.

There are also problems if you dumb down the Xbox version but not the PC one, because then the majority of current PC players will simply leave PC for Xbox.

Why people can't just skip the boss they can't kill and move on to the ones they can. There is also the option to ask for help if you feel you can't handle a certain boss with your build.

So DON'T dumb down the game.
Conspicuously absent are any questions about server performance and other lag problems. I know GGG tries to avoid these questions like the plague as they have no solutions to server side processing overload. I'm afraid that PoE 3.0.0 will suffer total realm failures from attempting to run too many sessions and getting crushed under the overload of calculations. Either that or we will end up like the botched roll out of D3 and have massive queued players waiting forever to get logged in. Either way it looks bad and even worse that GGG avoids saying anything about it.  :(
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
So basically no new and or interesting info. Mkey...
"
kentpachi wrote:
Cyclone animation is always canceled by a small obstacle, why not make it spin even it bumps an object or floor?

The same is true with other skills as well. The Freezing Pulse is sometimes magically canceled if you stand next to a small object with a big LoS-blocking collision footprint.

GGG, can you run through the collision sizes of terrain objects to cut down on this awkward mechanic?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 11, 2017, 8:40:24 AM
I was wondering if there has been any consideration of a form of a side pouch for dedicated currency pickup, as inventory slots are valuable and I usually can't afford to carry all the currency that would otherwise enhance my experience of maps and such without sacrificing that space I would otherwise need.

My answer is: NO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info