[2.6] The SoulTaxic- CI PoisonFinder TS/Barrage ,Shaper/ Guardians/ Uber / ALL mapmods

"
teslabear wrote:
"
divinity wrote:
Of course, not. I'm trying to dodge/predict all attacks and use barrage and wither when available. I'm playing with bow users from diablo 1 from 1995 till today, so strafe and shoot is the strategy. I just don't imagine, how much DPS you would need to have to have like 10x of my killing speed... something isn't working for me i suppose.

What are you doing with the links in your gloves? Curse on hit but no spell to trigger them? Not casting wither or projectile weakness? That is a large part of your damage

for attacking, you have to be somewhat aggressive. You can leech through most attacks. It doesn't help to bounce around and hope not to get hit. Avoid one-shot abilities and out-leech the rest. With mino avoid burrow and with Phoenix avoid his big burst thing.

Also, you have point blank, meaning that if you aren't near him your damage fails. You could use more accuracy (what is your chance to hit for barrage?). Try upgrading your gloves. Shaper's Touch or a solid pair of rares will help alleviate the damage loss while providing you with a chunk of ES and plenty of accuracy. Check out the videos I posted on how to play the boss fights.

I changed my tree a little. Got some more damage but lost a bunch of mana. I dropped Blood Rage and added in Projectile Weakness with Enhance. I've deathless killed everything in the game, including all guardians, Shaper, and Uber Atziri. I have just under 9k ES and path of building shows my max DPS at like 7.8M for all arrows.

what are you talking about? projectile weakness casts as curse on hit and wither I cast by myself.

Maybe shaper's touch is better in more defensive way, but this league is dead in 8 days. So no point of bying or selling something.
Spoiler
"
divinity wrote:
"
teslabear wrote:
"
divinity wrote:
Of course, not. I'm trying to dodge/predict all attacks and use barrage and wither when available. I'm playing with bow users from diablo 1 from 1995 till today, so strafe and shoot is the strategy. I just don't imagine, how much DPS you would need to have to have like 10x of my killing speed... something isn't working for me i suppose.

What are you doing with the links in your gloves? Curse on hit but no spell to trigger them? Not casting wither or projectile weakness? That is a large part of your damage

for attacking, you have to be somewhat aggressive. You can leech through most attacks. It doesn't help to bounce around and hope not to get hit. Avoid one-shot abilities and out-leech the rest. With mino avoid burrow and with Phoenix avoid his big burst thing.

Also, you have point blank, meaning that if you aren't near him your damage fails. You could use more accuracy (what is your chance to hit for barrage?). Try upgrading your gloves. Shaper's Touch or a solid pair of rares will help alleviate the damage loss while providing you with a chunk of ES and plenty of accuracy. Check out the videos I posted on how to play the boss fights.

I changed my tree a little. Got some more damage but lost a bunch of mana. I dropped Blood Rage and added in Projectile Weakness with Enhance. I've deathless killed everything in the game, including all guardians, Shaper, and Uber Atziri. I have just under 9k ES and path of building shows my max DPS at like 7.8M for all arrows.

what are you talking about? projectile weakness casts as curse on hit and wither I cast by myself.

Maybe shaper's touch is better in more defensive way, but this league is dead in 8 days. So no point of bying or selling something.

So you stand there and channel your wither? Use spell totem lol it is a HUUUUUGE damage bonus.

And you know you have to have a monster get hit by a skill that is linked to Curse on Hit. You have to do Spell + Curse on Hit + Projectile Weakness. You wont curse with projectile weakness if you hit with your lightning arrow or barrage because it isn't linked. And Wither doesn't 'hit' so projectile weakness has no way being applied.

You have too many curses and no "Monsters can have an additional curse" skill/item so your enemies can only have ONE curse. You have vulnerability, projectile weakness, and temporal chains. They wont stack. Are you manually casting temporal chains too? Your gems are a mess. Remove curse on hit and projectile weakness and temporal chains. Get spell totem and faster casting in your gloves and get a lightning golem for 10% attack speed instead of chaos golem.

Shaper's touch for defense and ACCURACY! Accuracy = damage!

And the league was extended to July, not June. So you have a month and 8 days.
Deathless Shaper:

Easy Chayula:

Hydra, a little slower:

So with a level 5 enlighten I dropped Charisma and put the 3 points into Arcing blows. This isn't as much poison scaling as I would get grabbing the Phys/Chaos damage nodes near Shadow start, but it helps more with popping trash and killing Hydra/Chimera.
I know its a little early in beta for a completely accurate response, but how is the outlook for this build in 3.0 with the changes to poison?

I was thinking about doing a LA Voltaxic build in 3.0 if no new skills interest me and this one seems fantastic, but like a lot of builds the double dipping changes affect it.
"
Giscoicus wrote:
I know its a little early in beta for a completely accurate response, but how is the outlook for this build in 3.0 with the changes to poison?

I was thinking about doing a LA Voltaxic build in 3.0 if no new skills interest me and this one seems fantastic, but like a lot of builds the double dipping changes affect it.

there is a guy who in the item cabinet display forums with a similar build called unethical voltaxic.

you can find there several pastebins for Path of Building and update those to 3.0.

I tried to do it... and it seems it will be good just as good...

The only problem i have is trying to update all the items in that build...because he guy was funny. Even in the "poor man version" of his build he has 6l voltaxic +1 arrow, +1 arrow quiver, skyforth + add lightning damage enchant, gems 23/23 and shit like that.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info