How We Describe Item Mods

You are assuming a much higher degree of literacy than most of your users possess.
Um, ok, Odd announcement, but still appreciate the communication on even the more mundane aspects of PoE. :-)

GUI devs, you know what I'd like to see even more? Extremely abbreviated mods, then if we hold down Alt, we see additional explanations that make sense. We have this sprinkled about right now, but not in full swing on every mod.

I'd also like to see Prefix and Suffix, Tier 3, 2, 1, etc. when holding down that alt key. REALLY annoying to try to craft something and have to either memorize what's a prefix/suffix or look them up each time.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 5, 2017, 8:11:37 AM
I'd really love to see some sorting and categorizing in Item stats, especially with rare items.
Even 800+ hours I cant be bothered to memorize great affix rolls in roll-range and in category of affix.

Maybe something like this:

Rare Item:

Item Base
Prefix 2
Prefix 3

Magic Item:

Item Base

For Uniques this model would end after the implicit, granting more structure to the description.

Maybe if you hold alt, you could see roll ranges in total for the affix+item lvl (1-89 max. health)

I even would go that far to leave blank spaces for magic and rare items with less than the max. amout of mods, to let the player see "Hey, there are more stats possible, I should look into my neatly organized stats for some orbs". Might look really weird on magic items, but so be it, if a lot of ppl can unterstand why it is that way and actually gain some insight from that.

Magic Item:

Item Base

After you use a Regal Orb, the thingy turs yellow and a line is added. Magic happens!
Last edited by Saintinator on Apr 5, 2017, 8:14:12 AM
It would be nice if we had a "verbose" mode for viewing an item where you had the freedom to make things more clear. It would even help with learning what the terse phrasing would represent. Kinda like when you did when you included the item level when Alt was held.
how about you give us some info we actually care about for once..?

like are you ever gonna do something about TRADING..?
why do you collect all the $$$ while someone else does all the work..?
aren't you ashamed, honestly..??

Are you gonna continue to milk our $$$ to invest it in console crap..?

Are you ever gonna do something about the ridiculously unbalanced life/ES crap..?

Those are all things many of us would like a clear answer to,
yet we get "How We Describe Item Mods" & "How we make video's"

sigh............
IGN: Bluntexile
Looking forward to whatever improvements can be made to PoE's overall design language, as it is its greatest challenge.

For example, why is a hard not-entry-level map (Apex) the first to drop for noobs?
I wish I had written down all the irks I have with some things in the game.

More often than not, I try something that doesn't work the way I expect it to and the shock and anger immediatelly makes it a repressed memory, exasperated by the amount of currency wasted on trying new things. This drove me to quit for months or even a year+ like 3 times lol.
Who is Natalia?
"Dealt By Frost Blades Penetrates 15% Cold Resistance" is still slightly too long.

Maybe remove the "15%" ? ;)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
POE has said they take a lot of from MTG, why not take a page out of their book.

MTG has the same problems with card text blocks and they use a distinctive space between mechanics. Some very basic mechanics are combined on the same line but longer text is clearly separate
Anything to clarify local vs global mods would be huge !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info