How We Describe Item Mods

Very nice post!

Question: Why don't you use "On use" for the texts in the flasks? Considering that the item already states the duration of the effect "Lasts 5.00 seconds".

Also, regarding to the jewel fight for survival you can make clear that you have to meet a requeriment for both effects (40 dex) so you could simply say: With at least 40 Dex in radius, Frost blades has 25% increased projectile speed and the melee damage dealt penetrates 15% cold resistance. It's shorter but keeping the same info.
Wow, didn't know that people read from top to bottom... O_o
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
nice very informative.
I absolutely love how you laid out the mod-text for Rashkaldor's Patience in order to visually mirror the item's artwork. Best argument I've seen yet for the proliferation of centered text for in-game items!
lol like drake. get rekt umbra
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Since it was brought up here...

I, for one, was absurdly confused by The Wise Oak for more than a month of this league. Don't get me wrong, I was still super excited about it even when I was dead wrong about it's mechanics. It took seeing two separate posts on Reddit before it *clicked* for me that I had misunderstood it, and another 10 minutes of scouring the wiki to find out exactly what was going on.

The problem was two-fold. First, the term "uncapped resistance" meant something entirely different to me. In my mind, it meant that I needed to have one resist at 74%, and two others at 73%... but also that, since it was a Bismuth Flask, I would actually need 39% and 38% respectively (and heaven forbid I entered an Ele Weakness map!) The other issue, obvious by this point, was that it never once dawned on me that both effects could be true at the same time.

Needless to say, the flask became a lot more amazing after learning just how wrong I was...
I hope you're doing a full rethink of all the mods text because it is confusing as hell to new players, especially since a ton of them are coming from D3 where everything is based on weapon damage. I have had to explain so many times to people I've recruited in to this game things like how the physical damage on their wands doesn't help bladefall but the fire damage helps firestorm.

You focus so much on making the game new player friendly but this basic stuff really take even experienced gamers a while unnessarily. Like why can't it just be called physical weapon damage?
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"Words are like slippery pigs, their meaning can be hard to catch."

You're doing a great job.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Really fun to read these posts, I like the community of POE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info