Bans? Lol?

The players who aggressively abused stones to get hundreds of exalts certainly and absolutely should have been banned especially since it was a fresh league which is very competitive in nature.

I do not think an over arching rule can be set in place, instead, it has to be examined on a case by case bases.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Grey areas exist to keep couch lawyers from yammering day in day out about their nit picking of rule semantics. Whenever you exploit something, you risk a ban. You may not get it, but you have no right to cry about it when you do.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
Grey areas exist to keep couch lawyers from yammering day in day out about their nit picking of rule semantics. Whenever you exploit something, you risk a ban. You may not get it, but you have no right to cry about it when you do.

would be interesting to see all those "elite players" banned who abused the hell out of the blade vortex bug where multiple instances of the skill did count towards the total damage blade count resulting in shaper fights being cakewalks.

in both cases (leaguestones and blade vortex) there was no warning from ggg that abusing this bug could result in a ban.

abusing both bugs granted a serious advantage over other players.

those "bans" for whatever reason (scamming (what is it in the first place?), bug abusage, cadiro steals, player kills, [insert obvious reddit topic here]) are a slippery slope for ggg: it's not known what is still allowed in the game for those who supported the game. all others just create new accounts.
"
To be fair GGG should be consistent.

There is too much grey area when it comes to what is okay to exploit and what isn't.

Self-Flagellation + Soul Mantle bug... Killing shaper over and over easily and making money? "Enjoy it while you can guys".

Leaguestones? Banned.

Be consistent in the way you police your playerbase. Either ban for all exploits, or don't ban for any... leaving the players in a grey area in terms of policy is bullshit.

Other games have done this and it leaves a bad taste in the consumers mouth. If you are going to tout the "dog-eat-dog" savagery of wraeclast but be inconsistent about the punishments all it does it makes your policy look stupid.

I didn't even think of this. Was anyone else banned for the self flagellation bug? Yea, consistency is very important. Like the snapshot bug, that was the biggest "enjoy it while you can"

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Mischief67 wrote:

Also I haven't been doing it but I was expecting the white knights to come around.

It's GGG's fk up, stop blaming others.

Yeah, it's your fault I robbed your house, you left the door open.

Something a child would say, or a sociopath.

Besides, how bad at the game do you have to be to resort to exploiting?
They used to always not ban for exploits.

They banned crash-dupers not because it was exploiting but because it was causing financial harm (server damage and unavailability) to GGG and GGG had made it clear that it would not be tolerated.

Duping is certainly a big red button and it pushed GGG over the edge this time like it had before with guild-stash duping. The damage that it causes isn't just fucking up ladders, it also fucks up the economy that this game thrives on (for better or for worse). Given precedent, this should have been predictable.

If the exploit "only" let people be invincible or do a billion damage, it probably would have been okay, for comparison.

---

Separately, please don't exploit the game. If you find something, report it (bug reports, or direct e-mail if it's severe i.e. duping or something even worse like server ACE) and move on.
"
Mischief67 wrote:
Perm-ban the fk no-one.

Since when do you have to speak legalese to play a fking video-game.

Oh he abused it! Abused the fk out of what exactly? Like you're supposed to second guess what the fk the game is or isn't supposed to do? And that in a game which provides close to zero information to players all along? If at least we had information IG but that's not even the case...

1. It's fail programmers failure;
2. It's GGG's massive fking failure for doing nothing, for so long, to correct the issue.

We're just dumb testers each leagues anyway.

Note: Back-story can be found here "https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/60f69s/the_bug_ggg_didnt_want_you_to_know_existed/"

Id like to see you try and program a game as big and complex as this one. Its free aswell so you dont really have the right to say who decides if a bug is fixed or not.
"
pneuma wrote:
They used to always not ban for exploits.

They banned crash-dupers not because it was exploiting but because it was causing financial harm (server damage and unavailability) to GGG and GGG had made it clear that it would not be tolerated.

Duping is certainly a big red button and it pushed GGG over the edge this time like it had before with guild-stash duping. The damage that it causes isn't just fucking up ladders, it also fucks up the economy that this game thrives on (for better or for worse). Given precedent, this should have been predictable.

If the exploit "only" let people be invincible or do a billion damage, it probably would have been okay, for comparison.

---

Separately, please don't exploit the game. If you find something, report it (bug reports, or direct e-mail if it's severe i.e. duping or something even worse like server ACE) and move on.

Thats why Iam with OP here. Yes it made the ppl who abused the bug rich but it didnt harm their server stability neither were they into RMT or anything. The bug with self - flagelation was officially tolerated and no1 was banned which is very strange. The only reason GGG has to ban these ppl is to keep their customers who are in fact in the majority "scrubs" who feel hurt by getting disadvantaged by this. Then again Im thinking even if they would had known this they wouldnt had the patience to abuse it that hard like these 50 banned ppl. From GGG's view its clear to ban these ppl to not lose customers but honestly from my pov as a gamer it feels unbalanced. They did not use any 3rd software tools nor did they crash the server. They just used what the game had to offer right in this moment.
Last edited by h4llowerner on Mar 21, 2017, 2:29:43 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the reason why I got banned yesterday, too.Though I had no idea that I was dealing with a "gamebreaking bug" in the first place.I didn't make any "profit" of it, the only character that I was playing was barely level 40.I've played for a total of 9hrs over a week.I can't think of any other reason for the ban.I mean, I was playing solo, I didn't play in parties, I didn't trade with anyone yet, I didn't insult anyone, let alone "exploit" a bug.I came back to the game after a long while, and I was enjoying getting back into it...until last night, when I got the message that my account has been banned.

If that was indeed the reason for my account getting banned, the least GGG support could do, would be to unlink my steam account, so I'll start over with a new account, even though the ban was undeserved (in my opinion, of course).
I've yet to receive an explanation regarding this, even though I emailed the support more than 24h ago.
Maybe by writting on the forums someone (/GGG admins) will tell me the exact reason of my account ban.
"
CaoMengde wrote:
.. what is an exploit anyway??

if there is something possible to do in the game, its fair game i say... its the devs fault for allowing it to happen...

so technically.. there is some crazy item interplays that arent very well documented.. are those exploits???

is trading a 20% hammer + a map = chisel an exploit?
it doesnt say anywhere in the game that iam able to do that....

and isnt there some funky business with albino feather, and fishing poles and Krillson and stuff???
like WTF!! GGG!! ... you have cryptic crap in your game no one really knows about, and then you expect when people find something funky, you expect them to understand that its a bug?? maaaybe they thought it was some funky cryptic easter egg??

how are we as players to know!??

... truly epic game design failure...

okay, if we are allowed to have person A get piety to 1% life, and person B portals in and gets the quest .. is that exploit?

if not, then how is what i seen in that video an exploit?

when charges is supposed to be used and you find a way not to use it... kinda exploity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info